[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is the tire pressure monitoring system in a 2011

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1492815863826.png (357KB, 599x403px) Image search: [Google]
1492815863826.png
357KB, 599x403px
How important is the tire pressure monitoring system in a 2011 honda civic? My dad told me offhand that his has had a light for like a year and I'd rather he not die.
>>
Just check the sidewall of your tires or your manual, they usually say the PSI to fill there, and then just fill them yourself

No need to spend money on a sensor replacement
>>
Just air up your tires. How hard is that.
>>
File: 1456006560165.png (405KB, 648x1109px) Image search: [Google]
1456006560165.png
405KB, 648x1109px
>>17102851
I dont think its thats important.
My buddy's civic had its tire pressure light come on and we filled it to the proper amount and the light just stayed on.
>>
>>17102857
No don't do that, that's the max cold pressure of the tire. There's going to be a tire placard either on the driver's door or on the chassis where the driver door meets.
>>
File: TIVp2h.jpg (11KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
TIVp2h.jpg
11KB, 240x228px
>>17102851
>>
>>17102857
>>17102859
I think he's pretty good about keeping the air pressure where it should be, I just wanted to double check the sensor didn't have some less obvious/more important function during a blowout or something.
>>
>>17102872
The light is there only to tell you if the tire pressure is low or there's a malfunction in the tpms system, which on direct tpms sensors like on your Honda means the battery in the sensor is dying. My store gets new tpms sensors for $10 and we sell them for $60. It's robbery.
>>
>>17102880
Good to know, thanks. Good luck at your store.
>>
>>17102869
Fuck off prezo
>>
>>17102851
>>17102880
i have a 2010 civic, inflate the tires to the proper pressures on the inside of the gas door but when my light went on it was a malfunction in the monitoring system itself, when i went to the dealer for my 30k service check they told me and reset the system no charge
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.