[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So as a reward for graduating college last year with pretty decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: MpxQ81T.jpg (104KB, 2176x368px) Image search: [Google]
MpxQ81T.jpg
104KB, 2176x368px
So as a reward for graduating college last year with pretty decent grades, my parents surprised me today and said they want to buy a nice car for me.

They are upper-middle class and I'm an only child so they said they will get me something nice, but not too crazy.

I'm currently debating between a C300 or A4. Test drove both already and desu, I really liked them both. Which one?
>>
>>17096502
downgrade from luxury and upgrade performance. do you know what price range they are willing to give you?
>>
>>17096529
They didn't say a price range but based on what I know of our finances as a family, I'm thinking right around the 40-50K range.

Also, they are pushing me to a german car as both my parents drive MBs and really like them. I like german cars as well and just want to get a practical sedan thats on the nicer end so I don't really care about performance.
>>
File: A good friend.jpg (258KB, 611x815px) Image search: [Google]
A good friend.jpg
258KB, 611x815px
>TFW grad med school and had to buy my own car

Get a 4matic C300 certified pre-owned. 240hp is fun enough performance wise and more power than 90% of O. It will have a nice smooth ride you'll like but that comes at the price of sportyness.

Fuck Scotty Kilmer too. That stupid asshole shits on mercedez for having too many motors to break and computers or whatever in one video than praises the Ford Mustang Ecoboost for having computer controlled electronic power steering, and all other powered little motor features.

I also like the Audi SQ5 my senpai member has. Interiors are great, trannys are great. But they are currently having more issues than Mercs.
>>
>>17096671
lolicunt know them feels brah. Paying off student loans in residency just makes me feel more entitled and that I'm delaying gratification too long, my blood is boiling with ever greater lust every day to blow my entire 1st year attending wad on a car, which is a retarded idea but... but... all these fucking 18 year-olds driving better cars than me, and I worked 100x harder than they ever will in their life.

I'm beyond embittered, I don't even know how to cope...
>>
File: 1312932601025.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1312932601025.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>17097049
smoke some weed
>>
>>17096502
So if you still want to waste your parents money like this I would recommend the A4. The Audi design language is much more timeless than the Mercedes. The C300 will look dated AF in a couple years.

If you don't want to waste money however I'd just get a regular plain car like an Escape. You will get some brownie points AND as your taste in car matures you can find out what automobile you really want as opposed to what they want to buy you.
>>
>>17096502
Prepare for people shitposting about muh literal rebadged VW.
>>
>>17096502
Refuse. Keep driving your current car.
>>
File: 160512_alfa-romeo_giulia_02[1].jpg (715KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
160512_alfa-romeo_giulia_02[1].jpg
715KB, 2400x1600px
>>17096502
SOUL AND PASSION
O
U
L

A
N
D

P
A
S
S
I
O
N
>>
>>17096502
get a BMW M2
>>
>>17096502
>Which one?
the C300
>>
>>17096502
>tfw my dad makes six figures and I still had to ride the bus all through high school
>eventually bought a $3k Civic by working at various shitty retail jobs
>>
>>17098726
Did your dad kick you out at 18?
>>
C300
>>
File: Jaguar-XF-1.jpg (185KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Jaguar-XF-1.jpg
185KB, 1600x1068px
>>17099262
Or this
>>
>>17096502
Neither. Tell them to set the money aside for a down payment on a house.
>>
File: 2017 Giulia Ti.jpg (315KB, 1600x700px) Image search: [Google]
2017 Giulia Ti.jpg
315KB, 1600x700px
Driven the BMW 328/335, MB C300/C43, new Audi A4, Jag XE 2.0T/3.0T, and Alfa Giulia Ti

If I had to narrow it down to 2 cars, I would say it would be the Jag XE and Alfa Giulia Ti.

In the end I would go with the Alfa because it was the most fun and felt like a true driver's car. The XE was great fun but hated the lack of a shifter and being stuck with a knob.

>280 hp and 306 lb-ft
>0-60 in 5.0 seconds
>rear mechanical limited slip-diff
>ZF 8 speed (best automatic in the business)
>awesome interior
>killer looks
>>
Get a Golf R dude. Seriously fun as fuck. Zero body roll, still relatively comfortable for non-sporty driving, that DSG is fuckin orgasm. Easily tuned to nearly 400hp by GoAPR if you want to do that in the future.

It's easily in your price range man. Trust me, it's a better performer than most of the cars in that range.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.