[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mechanic dented my door replacing the tires. When they offered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1782.jpg (1MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1782.jpg
1MB, 3000x2250px
My mechanic dented my door replacing the tires. When they offered to replace the door, they mistakenly repaired it instead, but now they insist repairing is the right choice for two reasons. First, the paint job on a new door would be inferior to the original paint job. According to the manager, the manufacturer bakes their paint job to 600 degrees, which results in a more resilient coat. The body shop can only bake their paint job on a new door to 150 degrees.

Normally, that wouldn't be enough to smooth me over, but they also offered to repaint and clear bra my hood for free.

I don't know anything about paint jobs, but the repair appears good (hinges not bent, cosmetically indistinguishable from the exterior, paint not damaged) and the hood paint and clear bra was an offer I wasn't expecting.

Pic related, the initial damage. Thoughts?
>>
File: IMG_1781.jpg (2MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1781.jpg
2MB, 3000x2250px
>>17090381
This isn't rotated correctly. For contect, this is the bottom of the driver's side door on a 2016 WRX.
>>
You ducked up
>>
>>17090591
Get off yur iPhone u millennial!
>>
File: 1358400774077.png (396KB, 621x996px) Image search: [Google]
1358400774077.png
396KB, 621x996px
>>17090591
Did I? They say they'll still replace the door if I change my mind. Is it necessary?
>>17090599
Sales rep texted the photos to me and I didn't want to transfer them.
>>
File: 1358026413105.jpg (126KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1358026413105.jpg
126KB, 467x700px
>>17090381
The more I read about this online, the more I see there's some truth behind the manager's statement about manufacturer vs body shop paint jobs. I think I'll just roll with it.
>>
>>17090669
you can't beat manufacturer paint. A respray will never be as good. Your guys don't sound like they're trying to do you over.
>>
Respray would be awful.
Id get them to fix and give u warranty on that spot for 4 years. Just that spot.

Also. How do u fkn dent a fkn door on the car when swapping tires.
>>
>>17090381
You deserve it. If you were going to have someone do the work for you, you bought the wrong car, kid
>>
>>17094309
Because OP probably went to a shop full of mouth breathers
>>
>>17094309
Well probably not taking the wheels off but more than likely from hitting the lift accidents happen sucks tho but hey at least they sound like a reasonable shop
>>
>>17090381
No. You make them buy a new door and get it factory painted for you, fuck them.
>>
>>17096010
and by "new door" i mean from fucking subaru, not juans sheet metal fabricators, god DAMN I hate every auto shop in existence
>>
>>17094309
>>17094577
I took it to the dealer for maintenance. Not only that, the dealer has a poor reputation in town. The tire swap is biannual deal for winter, and I figured something so simple would be impossible to fuck up.
>>17091893
>>17094660
That's how I was feeling, but now I'm a bit anxious about taking the free hood job. My hood was full of chips, which always bothered me, but now I'm concerned the paint job there will be cosmetically inferior.

They tell me it will be ready tomorrow, so I'll report back then.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.