[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /o/, just bought my second car and first manual car, E46

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

sup /o/, just bought my second car and first manual car, E46 323ci 2001. not to be a bitch but WHY the fuck is clutch so hard/stiff? is this normal? pls help.
>>
>>17081540
>First Manual

You'll get used to it

Every clutch feels different
>>
Has the clutch been changed? Retarded previous owner may have put a "performance" clutch in it.
>>
>not to be a bitch
too late

you'll get used to it. You now realize you are driving manually, relish the freedom
>>
>>17081540
I prefer a stiff clutch desu, had to drive an old people carrier today and the clutch was like wading through porridge. Awful, a sharp clutch is a million times better
>>
>>17081540
jesus is that what the pre facelift steering wheel looks like
>>
>>17081577
I will agree with that.

Current car has the first hydraulic clutch I've ever owned, and it's like stepping on a bowl of pudding. I want to feel the mechanism slide in my foot. Might just be poor execution.
>>
File: cdcover293-600x524.jpg (49KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
cdcover293-600x524.jpg
49KB, 600x524px
>>17081554
>not pushing clutch pedal with both feet
only on /o/
>>
>>17081540
i used to have a 528i and the clutch was pretty light, maybe yours was replaced with an aftermarket one. does it feel funny other than that?
>>
>>17081596
not sure, i think i'll remove pedal springs, it's also pushing me back with alot of force. maybe clutch valve delay valve delete will help?
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (194KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
194KB, 1000x500px
on auto adjusting clutches like e46's have, the clutch gets heavier as it wears out.

it might be that.
>>
>>17081589
It was a garage courtesy car as my dad and I were both taking our cars in, I drove it home and the clutch and gearbox were honestly the worst things I have ever experienced. You could feel the car wallow as you put the clutch in, then again as you tried to find the gear, and finally get moving again as you bring the clutch up through an entire treacle sponge. It made the clutch in my shitty old Fiesta actually feel nice.
>>
>>17081637
That sounds like a gang of worn out shit, which one might expect on a courtesy car.

Mine isn't a mess. It's just numb like I'm playing an arcade game.
>>
>>17081540
Bmw's generally have stiff clutches, my F150's clutch is lighter than both my 87 325i and 03 540i
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.