[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a 2003 BMW Z4 with 23k miles at a dealership near

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: aee324c9fa11c377dfc1afe16cd.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
aee324c9fa11c377dfc1afe16cd.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
There's a 2003 BMW Z4 with 23k miles at a dealership near me for just under $13k. Why should or shouldn't I buy this car? Why would this car be so cheap? Other Z4's with significantly more miles, albeit newer, are more expense.
>>
It's a good car but keep in mind that if you're ever going to track it you will need to either get a factory hardtop, install an aftermarket roll bar, or both. If the car already has a roll system in place that meets the track organization's requirements, then you will need to get a hard top too I believe.
>>
>>17079584
the're so cheap because they are trash cars. i had one myself stick shift and it was a nightmare when it needed maintenance. i had the same year a little bit more miles and i sold it for 7500
>>
if its a 2.5i stay away from it

they're fucking slow.

only go for the 3.0si's
>>
Z4s are basically OP Miatas.
If you get a z4m, its basically an light weight M3.
They handle insanely well, they're pretty quick on the straights, and they keep their resale amazingly well and all this is not just the M model. They are usually overlooked in the roadster category, but for what you get, its probably the best car in that group.

t. Z4M coupe owner
>>
>>17079643

Well duh, you would think this because you have the only 4 worth owning.

Z4M coupes (and only the coupes) are fucking god tier machines that should make any self-respecting car person rock hard.

The rest of the lineup is garbage, basically.
>>
>>17079677
I wanted a Z3M clownshoe but their prices are outrageous.

S54s are going well over 50k and the S52 versions are going for around 20-40k
>>
>>17079584
Don't, it's an awful car. It's got absolutely no feedback through anything. It has drive by wire steering that's so light it's nearly impossible to hold steady while going over rough roads, and will tramline along ruts without moving the steering wheel, so you have to constantly be giving steering inputs just to drive in a straight line.

The engine is nearly inaudible unless you're at WOT, which is nice around town but a problem when you're trying to drive fast, because the only way to tell whether you're at 1500 or 8000 RPM is by staring at the wristwatch-sized tach recessed two feet behind the wheel. This makes the manual almost impossible to drive, so you're stuck with the autotragic.

It makes reasonable power, but that only matters when you're accelerating. It weighs a thousand pounds more than a Miata and 500 pounds more than an S2000, and you definitely feel that everywhere.

The gas pedal is really strange except when the car is in Sport mode. Normally, the first 80% of the throttle does nothing, then the next 5% goes from full closed to full open, and the last 15% does nothing. Sport mode makes that much more linear, but still not as consistent as a cable-actuated butterfly.

Maintenance is ridiculously expensive, and they break down all the god damned time. Be prepared to pay $150 to have your ECU reset so your AC works again every time the battery dies or gets disconnected. Get one with HIDs and you'll be paying $150 per bulb to do replace them yourself, $600+labor at the dealership. Even if you get a car that's still under warranty, count on driving a loaner car for a few days at least two or three times per year.
>>
>>17079628
>>17079630
>>17079743
Damn, sucks to hear that. I thought this may have been a steal, but you guys convinced me not too. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>17079643
>Z4s are basically OP Miatas.

yeah, it's like a miata except pigfag, unreliable and give you no feedback when driving
so basically not a miata
>>
>>17079870
>pigfat
More than makes up with the power. Still out handles anything you throw at it.
>unreliable
Nice meme
>no feedback
Nice meme

Have you ever actually driven one?
>>
eh
it's not really worth it unless it's a z4m or a 3.0, the 2.5 is eugh
>>
>>17080033
Different anon here. I've driven a few, and owned a Miata, and I'd say it's only the 2nd-gen Z4 that has no feel. The 1st-gen isn't bad in that regard, just heavy. What stood out to me in build quality is that the backs of the seats always seem to fall off as they age. Otherwise, they seem to be less unreliable than other BMWs of the same age. The maintenance is annoying but cheaper than doing the same for a Boxster (which won't need work nearly as often, but it hurts when it does).

Overall not bad if you want a sporty-but-not-hardcore car. The Miata is closer to what I'd call hardcore - loud, rough, wearing on long drives, bad for passengers, and much happier in tight turns.
>>
>>17079584
Too expensive.
>>
Because it's not a Z3 M

These things are slow as shit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.