[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found an 03 Ford Taurus SEL for what seems like a great price,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 2003 Taurus.jpg (51KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
2003 Taurus.jpg
51KB, 900x600px
Found an 03 Ford Taurus SEL for what seems like a great price, are they good cars? Looking online it seems common problems are with its transmission, engine, suspension, and electronics, but then the /o/ guide suggests they're reliable, and others say it's the comfiest thing on four wheels.
>>
This car is everything that was wrong with domestics in the 90s, and it just won't go away.

If it's $50 and you intend to beat the crap out of it until it fails spectacularly then go for it. Otherwise, you have no soul.
>>
>>17074548
Get a civic for 3k instead
>>
i own an 02 wagon with the vulkan engine, it actually rides quite well and it's easy to repair and do work on. I would recommend if you get a really good deal and bookmark the taurus club forum for future problems.

Just so you know, you will never be able to upgrade the stereo with this car, so if you don't like what it's got, move on
>>
Get an SHO and be infinitely more happy
>>
>>17074565
>you have no soul
I need those leather seats on the cheap senpai
>>17074586
Boring and shit
>>17074607
Thanks, you give me hope.
>>17074608
None available, and it'd probably be overpriced and beat to shit.
>>
>>17074702
Where are you looking? First/second gens can be had in great condition for pretty cheap. Just don't get the V8
>>
>>17074702
People actually make speed parts for the vulcan. Go wild with that.
>>
>>17074814
I'm in Regina, Saskatchewan, looking on Kijiji. None of those available, and I can't imagine they're any better than the 4th gen, are they?

>>17074821
This one has the more powerful motor, I'll have to see if there are decent mods for that.
>>
>>17074912
>canada
>looking for old cars
Good luck.

Also they're faster, manual, look better, and have more options than a normal Taurus. Mine has automatic climate control, auto headlights, and a factory sound system
>>
>>17074912
The wide world of Duratec parts is more like a narrow field. Good luck, I'm currently living that struggle. I could be looking in the wrong places but I haven't seen a vibrant aftermarket for the Duratec
>>
>>17074607
>Just so you know, you will never be able to upgrade the stereo
Why is this?
>>
>>17074933
>Good luck
I mean I'm finding pretty consistent deals, the only things that seem to get snapped up quick are normie econoboxes, especially overpriced Civics and Cobalts.
>>
>>17074702
>Civic is boring as shit
>considers a Taurus not boring
Kill yourself. You're an idiot.
>>
>>17074949
part you think is the stereo is just a receiver/controller. The actual stereo with all the connections is back by the antenna. So if you were to try to swap it out, you would need to not only find a replacement for the climate controls, you would have to run wires from the new stereo to the back of the vehicle for power and antenna.
>>
>>17075180
>compact bare bones car every kid has
versus
>full sized loaded car almost nobody has
Oh yeah and it's faster.
>>
My girlfriend had a 93 or 94 and but the time she got rid of it, the car had clocked over 600,000 miles. I didn't believe her when she told me, but I looked for myself. I couldn't believe it.
>>
>>17075326
they made the vulcan engine from like 1985 to 2006(?) they had plenty of time to get that shit right
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.