[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Car that kicked off your love of cars... How old were you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

The Car that kicked off your love of cars...

How old were you?

Where did you see it?
>>
>>17066573
Op here
I was 12 when my dad gave me a poster of Millens z32 race car...the rest is history
>>
File: ford_scorpio_2.9i_hatchback_1.jpg (700KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ford_scorpio_2.9i_hatchback_1.jpg
700KB, 1024x768px
see this nigger right here?
Yeah, a Ford Scorpio Hatchback, with the 2.9l V6. Not too much, but to me it meant the world

I was... 9 years i think. My family was on a winter holiday. And one evening, mom gets sick. She stays in bed, whatever.

That night, she got a heart attack. Dad throws her, me and my sister in the car, and does the 75km (just over 45 miles) to hospital in under half an hour.

Mom was okay in the end, and dad chuckled to himself about that "damned old ford"
>>
File: IMG_1734.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1734.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
2jz no shit.. fast and the furious kicked off my passion. Been slaying the streets since..
>>
a red Z32 blew past my moms car when I was like 4 or 5

I dont love cars anymore and I think Z32s are fucking ugly

20s years is a long time to be in love
>>
>>17066573
i was 18 or 19 and it wasnt one specific car, but eventually it occurred to me just how fucking cool engines are and in my quest to learn more about them i started further down the automotive rabbit hole to where i am today with 2 30 year old manual rwd cars and 1 new manual rwd car, i taught my wife how to manual, and im going to ls swap one of those cars very soon.
>>
190E
E
>>
>>17066573
Toyota Prius
>>
Initial D.

I looked for AE86's basically the entire time I was in middle school. Then I saw a post on grassroots motorsport that said "a miata is like an AE86 with better suspension" and now I'm gay...

5 years later I now have a 260HP turbo miata that weighs 2300 lbs wet. Quite fun.
>>
File: Supra-13.jpg (158KB, 750x406px) Image search: [Google]
Supra-13.jpg
158KB, 750x406px
>>17066808
Same.

Even had a mk4 for a while. Awesome car.
>>
>>17066573
Some lifted bro truck in rural Washington.
>>
>>17068175
Oh shit, hit post too early. I think I was like 2 maybe, called it a "baby monster truck" and from that point I was hooked on anything with 4 wheels and an engine
>>
>>17066573
always loved cars but what made me obsessed was when i was 14 i got a ride in a vortech foxbody couldn't wipe that grin off my face
>>
>>17066573
When i was younger i played alot of gran turismo 2 and need for speed underground

So ive always like the ricier cars the celica gt was my first purchase for gt2 and i wanted one for my first car

Instead i got a shitty volvo 740 wagon

So after a couple of cars blowing up i still wasnt allowed to own anything Japanese.

One day however i was browsing craigslist and a supra mk4 was 2k

I had the money out from the bank and everything and found out it was a scam

I was devistated, my dad new i talked shit about toyotas all the time and constantly mentioned supras and celicas to him, as he started talking around someone had a 97 miata 5 speed for less than 2k

The moment i saw this car i was hooked i had to have it driving it was fun something i never had out of my front wheel drive commuters.

That was the moment i was a car guy
>>
File: 05graborange.jpg (41KB, 550x414px) Image search: [Google]
05graborange.jpg
41KB, 550x414px
The year was 2005

My buddies dad worked for Ford at the time as a car designer

One day my buddy and his dad roll up to school in a bright orange 2005 Mustang GT. At the time they didn't have grabber orange yet except for a few custom requests, one happening to be my friends dad who helped design the car

Immediately fell in love with cars, especially mustangs

Today I own a Black 2007 Mustang GT. My first 'Dream' car. Feels damn good.
>>
>>17068142
pics of the miata would make my dick hard anon

just saying
>>
File: muscletrugg2.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
muscletrugg2.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
I was 8, my grandpa loved modding old cars, he poured his retirement money into restoring his two old cars and "improving" them. (Early 70's Pontiac GTO, 1968 Chevy C10)

My favorite one was a Chevy C10 Stepside he rebuilt from the ground up. I don't know the specs to well because I was young and didn't know shit about cars or it's engines at the time.. But because of that truck, it kick started my interest in cars from old to new.

This is what it kinda looked like, a """""muscle""""" truck.
>>
>>17066573
I was 4 years old and on a new years eve celebration in the city centre my father parked his car behind (at the time) brand new third gen cadillac escalade. They just opened the cadillac dealership that year in my euro shithole. That caddy was the most beutiful sexy sounding v8 car with such a sophisticated design and the experience pushed me into cars. I still love USA cars (especially cadillacs) till this day. Funny thing is that this exact escalade is still roaming the streets, still looking great (it has the same license plate and stickers on the back window) sometimes i even see the add for this glorious machine but at 20k is way over my budget
>>
>>17068207
So he is the one to blame.
>>
File: 98_2002_grand_marquis_sedan_006.jpg (228KB, 883x497px) Image search: [Google]
98_2002_grand_marquis_sedan_006.jpg
228KB, 883x497px
1998 Mercury Grand Marquis.
Dad let me steer when I was 8, learned to drive in it when I was 12. Sold it for a Lexus when I was 14 and it was like losing a family member.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.