[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, I need to get a car under 2K. I know it's probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1294.jpg (23KB, 280x164px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1294.jpg
23KB, 280x164px
Hi guys,

I need to get a car under 2K. I know it's probably better to save for a better car, but I need it for work and it can't wait. What make/model would you recommend?

I've seen the sticky with the graph, would an early 2000s civic, corolla or golf really be my best bet? Or is there something even better?

I'm in BC by the way, just looking through the Craigslist I see a lot of golfs at 200-300k miles
>>
Why not get a Passat?
>>
>>17059582
If you need it for going to work then yeah a civic or corolla is best. You've got a better chance with those than with a high-mileage golf that will probably have electrical gremlins and/or failing parts
>>
>>17059582
Ford Focus MK1
>>
>>17059582
Just get a 3000k civic m8
>>
Also recommending a civic. I've had good luck with Kia Sephias and Spectras. You can get them dirt cheap. The last Sephia I got was $300 with 68K miles and just needed a new battery.
>>
>>17059735
Has any civic ever cost 3 million dollars?
>>
>>17059582
Golf 2's are great!
try to get an Mk2 Gti or an 1.8 90hp in good condition
>>
>>17059735
I laughed
>>
>>17060150
Poorfag pls go
>>
I don't like Y2K-era dying Toyotas and Civics, I see too many fuckhead kids beating on them to trust them these days.

>late model Chevys, Cobalts are dirt-cheap, Equinoxes were soccer-mommobiles and are good for the money
>PT Cruisers, while gay as fuck, are very cheap due to their ugliness
>Mid-00s Mercury, Pontiac and Saturn. GM and Ford put out some real ugmos and they can be found cheap. They're poorly built but the engine and transmission hold up (In my experience)
>Anything over 100k and Chrysler, look out for problem years however, many a Dodge shitbox has died at 110k because of a shitty transmission design
>Early 2000s Jeeps, Cherokee/GC, got a huge community that can help you with whatever breaks, 4wd, and some of them even come with luxury features
>Early 2000s KIA
Total shit, everything breaks so buy a manual and pray for the best, but you can get whatever kinds you want for very little money.
>>
>>17059781

Civic or Focus maybe if you can get one for cheap but I'd go Civic.

Confirmed for Kias too. They're shitty but they're designed for poorfags so they should get you by at least till you can replace it, or it might get you by several long years.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.