[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fight a Redlight camera ticket? I got 3 (THREE) fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 271
Thread images: 30

File: sdgsDH.jpg (70KB, 1020x816px) Image search: [Google]
sdgsDH.jpg
70KB, 1020x816px
How do I fight a Redlight camera ticket?

I got 3 (THREE) fucking redlight camera tickets for essentially rolling a right turn on red in some fucking shitty suburb in the middle of the night that I didnt even know had cameras.
There was no flash, no No Turn On Red sign, no warning of red light camera signs either.

$300 fucking dollars. They have video evidence of me rolling the goddamn red light, one was at like a crawl speed, another I was behind a car that was waiting for traffic to clear, and I drove behind them without coming to a complete stop.

The in person hearing auto picked contest dates in the afternoon. I work nights, and sleep during the day, so I cant even go there at 3pm.
They do not allow any form of rescheduling. Only option is to pay, or contest by mail.

Has anyone ever successfully beat red light camera tickets for this shit?

None of the rules, or regulations fall in my favor.

Yes, I fucked up, and yes I fucked up hard. Yes Im supposed to come to a complete stop before moving. Goddamn bumblefuck shit towns, goddamn red light cameras.

Illinois if that helps, all 3 from different towns.
>>
>>17054834
Just don't pay them
>>
>>17054834
Break the rules suffer the consequences m8.

Also

>2017
>living in a place with traffic cams
>>
Go fuck yourself.

You broke the law, you know what you did is wrong. Now you have to deal with the consequences, because if you don't then you won't learn your lesson.

Doesn't matter what time of night it is, or where you are, you must obey the road rules at all times.
>>
>>17054846
That's it goy. Keep paying the state official's salaries because you went through a light .2 seconds too fast
>>
>>17054846
Third post best post.
>>
>>17054854
Fifth post neck yourself
>>
>>17054853
>le happy merchant mayday

Don't get tickets if you don't want to pay.

Not that hard
>>
>>17054860
Cry harder you stupid fat fuck
>>
>>17054853
>>17054859
>>17054869
>being this mad for getting called out on breaking the law

How pathetic.
>>
>>17054834
>>17054834
>How do I fight a Redlight camera ticket?
by not running red lights
>>
>>17054874
>breaking the law
Who fucking cares about the stupid fucking law you faggot bootlickers. Opee rolled through a light in the middle of the night and people act like he blew up a school bus
>>
Get a ticket lawyer, for a traffic ticket will run you 100 bucks, but better than paying 500
>>
>>17054883
>its ok to break these laws i don't car about
>>
>>17054883
Order is the foundation of civilized society. Rules are rules. Follow them 100% of the time, whether anyone is there or not, or your complete lack of character will show that you are worth nothing to anyone because you are a degenerate who regards the public order and public morals with a flippant disregard fit only for the work camps.
>>
>>17054899
It absolutely is ok dumbass. What was so abhorrent about turning at a red light .2 seconds too fast? Nothing at all
>>
>>17054834
>No sign that said No Turn On Red
Well there you go, say that there isn't a sign that said no turn on red.
>>
>>17054904
Are laws necessary? Absolutely. But it's fine to use a bit of discretion when you know it won't hurt anyone. I seriously doubt you've never gone 5 or 10 over the limit or broken some obscure penal code. Creeping through a right turn at night, knowing that there's nobody coming because you've already checked twice, isn't some horrible act against humanity.
>>
>>17054904
You'd make a terrible cop.
>>
>>17054941
He would, But he's not wrong. I speed in my car, but I can't get mad at anyone if I get a ticket. Only thing I can do is try to beat it or suffer the consequences, whether it be a fine or driving school.
>>
>>17054955
this
and i'd like to add the fact OP said he got 3 tickets, op clearly never learned
>>
>>17054883
Being a good guy means following the rules even if no one is looking.
>>
There isn't a single person on this board with a license that hasn't broken any laws behind the wheel. Bunch of no-fun-allowed bootlickers in here, OP's only problem is that he got caught. We've all done stupid shit when we thought no one was looking
>>
>>17054834
>$300 fucking dollars.
You are lucky they are so cheap there. It is $199 each time over here. Some school zones have cameras and the closest one to my neighborhood triggers 2 mph over the school hours reduced speed limit. It is $249 per ticket. So if you went 2 mph over, you'd have a ticket.
>>
>>17054853
Do you think laws and fines never existed before technology
>>
>>17054869
U mad son
>>
>>17054834
It's simple. Get a lawyer to reduce all the tickets to parking violations. No points, no bullshit
>>
>>17054834
>Has anyone ever successfully beat red light camera tickets for this shit?
For blatantly running a red light? No.

>None of the rules, or regulations fall in my favor.
No, breaking the law isn't in your gavor.

>Yes, I fucked up, and yes I fucked up hard. Yes Im supposed to come to a complete stop before moving
Yet you still think you deserve a break?

>Goddamn bumblefuck shit towns, goddamn red light cameras.
Not their fault you broke the law.

>There was no flash, no No Turn On Red sign, no warning of red light camera signs either.
First of all, why would it flash? Next, why would it matter if there was a sign or not? You didn't come to a complete stop. Last, they aren't obligated to warn you that there is a camera. That would eliminate the point of there being a traffic camera.
>>
>>17054834
>Rolling

You don't. The law is the law. They write it to collect fines, not improve safety.

You were told the law in traffic school and that is your excuse. "But the law is stupid", true as it is, does not hold up in court. They have more guns than you. Life sucks.

The law is made for the benefit of the people who write it. They will enforce the law at any cost. They do not care about you, they do not care about the other people on the road with you. They care about themselves, their lobbyist buddies, and the nonprofits that shill for them every election so they can keep collecting enough government cash to keep them firmly in the upper class.

You can be the unabomber, you can rise to power, destroy america's current system of government, and become the next hitler, or you can shut up and take it up the ass.
>>
Is this the thread where everyone on /o/ is an uptight, straight lace nerd?
>>
>>17054834
Fucking liberal

Don't break the law, and if you don't like them, change them. My city had all of its cameras removed because we decided to get rid of bullshit instead of continuing to get cucked.
>>
>>17055029
>That would eliminate the point of there being a traffic camera.

to collect as much revenue as possible without having to vote in tax increases and levies?

democracy, fuck yeah!

>things the money will be used for:
>[ X ] executive salaries
>[ X ] salaries
>[ X ] salaries
>[ X ] PR campaigns
>[ X ] suing local businesses for not liking gays
>[ ] yield signs in dedicated right-on-red lanes

When only one state in the entire country can bring themselves to allow something as simple as letting a fag on the scooter ride between stopped traffic you shouldn't expect much

The best you'll ever get from US politicians is removing the cameras and watching accident rates go up again
>>
>>17054918
You are still required by law to come to a complete stop, which I didnt.

If a cop was there, he would never bother to issue me a ticket, but a camera dont care.

I would like to argue that in court, but since I cant come in in person, I have to contest by mail. I have no idea what to do, look for some half ass loop hole, or ask for mercy.

>>17055029
I dont have to worry about points, its just $300. $100 each violation. A lawyer will cost more, but I will look into it.

>>17055039
they always flash at night. Chicago has signs everywhere warning for cameras.

>>17054842
That's how you have them double in price, and then get the boot.
>>
>>17055055
What exactly are you trying to dispute with your novel of a response?

>>17055058
>they always flash at night. Chicago has signs everywhere warning for cameras.
Obviously not. Obviously it was a solid red. Obviously there was no sign. You broke the law and got punished, get over it. You said it yourself, it's a small town, not fucking Chicago. If I was the cop pulling you over I'd 150% give you a ticket. Why shouldn't you pay for endangering the lives of others?
>>
>>17055058
You can't say "the law is stupid and the cops agree" and expect any sympathy. Because the cops are also subservient conservatives who believe that you shouldn't get out of your consequences if they were decided by a higher authority, so all you can ever hope for is not getting any consequences at all.

I speak from experience. They'll just say "you knew the law, you knew what to expect". You're a morally isolated autist in a world that understands you about as well as you understand them.
>>
>>17055058
>>17055069
Oh, also, who gives a shit if it WAS flashing? You're still supposed to stop, so....?
>>
>>17055069
I'm just bitching because I live in a country where minor celebritiies and lawyers are chosen to lead over qualified people.

Also, I share the land with idiots who say shit like this
>Why shouldn't you pay for endangering the lives of others?
Over yielding for a right on red instead of coming to the sacred and holy "complete stop".

Apparently lawyers are too thick headed to write a decent definition for yield and thought people would glance real quick and then drift around corners going 20 over the limit if the law merely said "yield to oncoming traffic".
>>
>>17054834
Dont be a nigger
Just pay the fucking thing
>>
>>17055082
>bitching about US government
>not defecting to russia and spreading superior government across entire world
>year of prime minister vladimir 2017
>>
>>17054834
write on the tickets "dindu nuffin" and send them in.

Blacks get away with everything because people still feel bad for slavery for some reason
>>
>>17055082
See, here's the issue:

There's people like you who don't stop at stop lights when they are supposed to. Sure, you yielded, and probably wouldn't have actually caused an accident, but you didn't actually stop when you were supposed to.

Now there's the people who don't yield when they are supposed to. The sign basically means skate on through, fuck everyone else to them. Sure, maybe the intersection can handle traffic safely if people actually decided to yield, but maybe it can't handle the traffic flow if people just skate on through.

No matter what way you cut it you ignored a clear traffic sign telling you to stop. It didn't say yield.
>>
>>17055058
>I dont have to worry about points, its just $300. $100 each violation. A lawyer will cost more, but I will look into
You kind of do. Points makes your insurance go up
>>
>>17055082
You could argue that because it wasn't a cop that saw you run the light and the cop didn't issue the citation then the citation isn't justified because an officer of the law didn't witness it and a camera isn't a cop
>>
>>17055104
>The old "if we let you break that law then someone else would break your other law" song and dance

The real world doesn't actually work like that. Anarchy is a fantasy in every case. People don't break rules because they're there. They break them because they're ill suited for the situation, like unnaturally low speed limits determined by "within so-and-so feet of a church" type ordinances and red light cameras where yield signs should be.

If yield signs scare you that much, change the sign to "YIELD - 10MPH THROUGH TURN" and add a speed camera.

When you have red light cameras that keep catching people, but not preventing accidents, you need to stop giving out tickets and redesign your fucking road instead of playing judge dredd and saying "the law is right, you endanger lives if you break the law, lawbreakers are honorary niggers, bla bla bla".

>>17055119
red light tickets aren't reported to insurance. legally, it's on the same level as running over paid time on a parking meter.

>>17055132
Cops sign off on them. Which means they go through a stack of papers and stamp every single one.
>>
say it wasn't you driving, you fucking moron.

your car can't get you a ticket when you're at home with an alibi, can it?
>>
>>17054834
This is not legal advice.

1. There is no law saying how long a vehicle must stop at an intersection, or what constitutes a full stop.

2. The law simply states a vehicle must stop momentarily and then proceed with caution when turning right on a red light.

3. Does the camera show you have your brake lights on in the picture before you cross the white lines? Or after the white lines? (That road in particular is not marked very well and you might have thought the white line was further ahead because the city failed to maintain the roads.)

3. It's night time, you just woke up and are heading to work, you were taking extra care and pulling up further beyond where the camera can see, to make sure there were no drunk drivers running red lights. The camera did not show you stopped further, because it couldn't see it. Since it cannot see it, the ticket is hearsay.

4. It is easy to fight this ticket but you need to hire a lawyer, someone that specializes in traffic tickets.

It should cost you 50% of the tickets value or so.
>>
>>17055134
>Cops sign off on them. Which means they go through a stack of papers and stamp every single one.
So fucking what. In new york many of these red light camera tickets get thrown out purely because a cop did not witness the event himself. Even if a cop signs it way later it doesn't count.

Look up exactly what the definition is and what is required of a valid citation
>>
>>17055104
>people don't yield
>how to solve this problem: force them to stop
>result of right solution: "why gridlock? we need moar lanes, and self driving cars"

>how not to solve this problem: better driver education and putting officers on the ground to enforce road manners
>result of wrong solution: everyone is happy
>>
>>17055154
>"road manners"

road manners means waiting in line and leaving early. grow up kiddo. it's not a race.

i bet you think lane splitting should be legal too.
>>
>>17054834
in the united states you have the legal right to face your accuser

if you go to court to fight the ticket there is a chance that the person who reviews the red light camera footage wont appear in court and thusly the case MUST be thrown out
the other possibility is that they schedule every person who got a red light camera ticket to show up on the same day and the dude who reviews the tapes will be there to verify that it was indeed you who went throught the red light and broke the law

where i live (east cleveland) we voted aginst red light cameras because they were only in super low income areas and targeted the poor

thank your local mayor for that shit
>>
>>17055161
Lane splitting is legal. Over taking in the opposite lane is legal

There's tons of legal things that probably trigger you because you're such a goody two shoes who never dindu nuffin right?
>>
>>17054996
2 mph over sounds like an easy ticket to beat with a lawyer. And thats fucking ridiculus. I doubt the cameras are even calibrated to a high enough degree to register a 2 mph difference. Over a statistically revelant sample.
>>
>>17055103
no they don't, nigs just don't pay them and that's how they end up with warrants
>>
>>17055164
My city has two kinds of red light cameras

Ones that make sense in very busy intersections, that do NOT nail you for doing what's in OP's pic. These actually make the roads safer.

And ones for lights that people only run because they don't see them or can't stop in time because they're approximately 50 feet after a blind corner and partially obscured by a bridge. These don't do anything unless you count all the panic breaking triggered by people that have gotten a ticket before as a good thing. Think about it. People panic breaking for yellow lights right after a blind corner.
>>
>>17055139
>ignored
whatever, you fucking faggot.

I blow red lights all the time in cars that aren't mine with my middle finger out the window. I hope I get a photo of it one day (good souvenir and story), but I never do, cause I'm smart.
>>
File: tmp_29199-123951-996533633.png (86KB, 387x336px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29199-123951-996533633.png
86KB, 387x336px
>>17055204
>I'm so smart running red lights because there are no red light cameras and that means I'm smart
>>
>>17055212
it flashes every time, faggot.

they literally can't ticket the driver because they don't know who it is.

you probably already ADMITTED it was you driving. Which makes you A RETARD AHAHAHAHA

enjoy your fucking ticket, faggot.
>>
>>17055200
if you're panic braking for a red light after a blind corner, you were going to fast. Drive at a speed that enables you to stop in the distance you can see. Simple really
>>
>>17055229
>they literally can't ticket the driver because they don't know who it is.
Clearly they did and do
>>
>>17055139
It wasn't me actually. Car is in my dad's name. But that dont fly here, tickets are attached to the license plate, dont mater who was driving. registered owner is responsible.
>>
>>17055237
only stupid people like OP.

but hey, someone needs to give money to the state so the smart people can profit.
>>
>>17055042
I prefer 'fascist'.
>>
>>17055240
>tickets are attached to the license plate, dont mater who was driving. registered owner is responsible.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

bullshit. you're just fucking stupid. admit it.
>>
>>17055252
>you can avoid all camera tickets by ignoring the mail, and avoiding a summoner for 60 days after the violation, and the ticket gets dropped.
this is because the only way the state has to prove it was you driving, is if you admit it by LITERALLY paying the ticket.
>>
>>17055236
It's not that they don't have time to stop, it's that they flip the fuck out because they don't want to risk going through the yellow. The light for the cross street already has a hefty delay on it so barely making it shouldn't cause an accident unless some fag in a mustang tries to peel out early (and run his own red).

This problem could be solved by straightening out the curve a little and relocating the lights to before the bridge but it's just not in the budget.
>>
>>17055253
The ticket goes to the registered owner of the car. Its as simple as that. My friend was street racing like 8 years ago, and "got away" from the cops. 2 days later his brother, the registered owner if that vehicle was getting arrested for evading police. Same for any red light, or speeding camera ticket in Illinois. The cameras here dont take picture of the driver. The only way to fight that ticket is to have your car reported stolen prior to the offense.

>>17055076
No, but I would know that these damn burbs have cameras, and been fucking absolutely careful next time, and not gotten 3 fucking tickets in the same week

>>17055119
I dont live in a nazi point state.

>>17055147
That dont work in Illinois. Different rules.

In Arizona you can avoid all camera tickets by ignoring the mail, and avoiding a summoner for 60 days after the violation, and the ticket gets dropped.
>>
>>17055132
This reeks of "AM I BEING DETAINED" sovereign citizen bullshit
>>
>>17055304
>2 days later his brother, the registered owner if that vehicle was getting arrested for evading police.
lmao. such ruthless 100% made up bullshit.

why do you do it?
>>
>>17055204
Did you seriously just write an assmad response to yourself because no one bothered to respond to you? Have you ever actually visited 4chan before?

kys desu senpai
>>
>>17055481
OP is FBI trying to control people with fear.

either thank me, or stay asleep.
>>
>>17055484
You sound like Jesse Pinkman before he turned his life around
>>
>>17054834
Something something, right to face accuser

Something something they have to prove you were driving the car
>>
>>17054834
go to court and state that you did a right turn. its america senpai
>>
>>17054834
>no No Turn On Red Sign

If there was no No Turn on Red Sign and you're in a state that has right on red, then you can use that to contest. As long as it's not posted, you can turn right on red.
>>
What's with all the moralfags in this thread? I'm just gonna assume it's one samefag.

Anyway no it doesn't matter. Middle of the night and no cars on the road who tf cares if he rolls through the red light going right. You're a fucking idiot if you consider that breaking the law. I feel sorry for you OP you don't deserve that
>>
>>17054909
What's so abhorrent about waiting those .2 extra seconds?
>>
>>17055041
i.e. IM A FAGGOT
>>
>>17054834
>rolling a right turn on red

So you are in the wrong. Pay the fines and stop acting like a nigger.
>>
>2017
>not living in Florida

They're basically ruled unlawful here. Step up Illinois.
>>
>>17055134
>When you have red light cameras that keep catching people, but not preventing accidents, you need to stop giving out tickets
No, you need to start handing out heavier tickets. How is people not stopping at a stop light and causing accidents evidence that a yield sign should be in place?

I hope you lose your license.
>>
>>17055146
>to make sure there were no drunk drivers running red lights
Surely you mean GREEN lights, since pulling up past a red light to check for people running red lights is retarded.
>>
>>17055304
>No, but I would know that these damn burbs have cameras, and been fucking absolutely careful next time, and not gotten 3 fucking tickets in the same week
You also could have avoided this by coming to a complete stop like you are legally obligated to do.
>>
>speed like an asshole 24/7
>get ticket for going 94 in 55
>go to court to prevent insurance rates from going up (would've jumped from 125/mo -> 350+), ended up paying upwards of $750 over the total couple months on traffic lawyer, court fees, and driving school (one 8 hour class)
>old guy teaching traffic school is the most honest and likeable guy I've probably ever met in my life
>he was first hand in an accident caused by someone driving while texting and shit like that
>decide to take his words to heart, don't speed so much anymore, stop driving like an asshole in general
>haven't had road rage since
>haven't been in any accidents since (never caused any but previous ones I could've prevented by driving more defensively around people not paying attention)

Sometimes a ticket is necessary to shapen up OP, stop rolling through lights. Follow the rules of the road and you'll honestly be better off.

Still though fuck that faggot motorcycle cop that gave me the ticket. Pig nosed balding faggot.
>>
>>17054928
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. The law says you're not allowed to do it, yet you do it anyway then bitch about it. Grow up and be a man
>>
>>17054860
is it ok to break the law if i'm super rich and it doesn't affect me?
>>
>>17055660
Yea you can. You can do anything you want when you're rich. You can even fuck the entire economy up and the government will actually bail you out to save you and you get off Scott free
>>
All these cocksuckers itt
>If a law is unjust blah blah blah
There are three sections of the law I have utterly no respect for and will routinely ignore
>anti piracy
>traffic law
>most drug law
Or anything else that to break would constitute a victimless crime

>230am
>driving home in my z with mate in evo following
>behind wrx
>he stops at red light at huge intersection
>we chop into the other lane, blast through all 3 red lights going WOT
>he races to keep up with visible hesitation
>proceed to lose him by taking 35 corners at 80, going the wrong way around roundabouts and blasting up the wrong side of a devided avenue
>make it home fine

If you know the area and what you can get away with without any risk, most traffic laws are pretty redundant
>>
>>17055672
why such envy toward the elite?
>>
>>17055673
Do you usually make up stories online?
>>
>>17055673
Sweet. Nice anecdote. A friend of mine got smoked by a semi that thought it was going to do a rolling stop through a red light. If it had hit any further forward she'd have died. Are you going to tell me a yield sign instead of a red light would have prevented this?
>>
Statists are simultaneously funny and sad people.
>>
>>17054834
Did you stop first? Red right turns are like stop signs
>>
File: badass.png (147KB, 769x595px) Image search: [Google]
badass.png
147KB, 769x595px
>>17055673
>>
>>17054883
>>17054909
And if it was a black guy doing it you'd be screaming about how niggers have no respect for the law.
>>
>>17055058
>That's how you have them double in price, and then get the boot.

Not always. It's most likely a private company running the cameras, so at best they'll send you to collections where you just ignore it. If you aren't buying a house or car in 3 years and $300 is worth your credit getting slightly fucked, then go ahead.
>>
>>17055859
Not an argument
>>
>>17055103
Kek'd out loud
>>
>>17054834
>WAAAAA I WANT MY TICKET REMOVED BECAUSE I ONLY BROKE THE LAW JUST A LITTLE WAAAAA

Eat shit loser, pay the ticket and try not to run red lights next time
>>
>>17054834
Next time come to a complete stop.

Personally I'm aroused at the fact that you're poor and $300 is going to be a lot of money for you.

Why are poor people such shitty drivers?
>>
File: Stealth Mode.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Stealth Mode.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>17054834
Get one of these
>>
>>17055889
>pointing out hypocrisy isn't an argument

Either it's acceptable for everyone to break the laws when they like, or it's not. Pick one.
>>
>>17054834
If you live in a state where there right turn on red is allowed then you probably have grounds to fight the ticket

otherwise pay that shit boiiii
>>
>>17055589
You should like a suburban mom who has nothing better to do than shit on fun
>>
>>17055956
>upgrade your moving violation to a felony, bro!
>>
>>17055659
Jesus fucking christ you sound like the type of nigger who would call the cops to report himself
>>
>>17054846
good goy
>>
File: 1437912289466.gif (989KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1437912289466.gif
989KB, 500x452px
>>17054834
>I got 3 tickets from red light cameras
>its total bullshit
>did you run the red light?
>yes, three times

Just so you faggots know. You have to stop and sit there till the light turns green. Those cameras are setup to ticket anyone that crosses the line in intersections. If you make a full stop and then go on a red light you WILL get a ticket.
>>
>>17054883
>bootlicker
>underage confirmed.

Pay your ticket or enjoy getting a speeding ticket in 10 years and going to jail for warrwnts u retard cuck.

Contest all u want bit they wont even read your billshit and will deny it.

Best bet is to pay even more and try to get deferral so it doesnt go on your record.

L2stopfag
>>
>>17055304
>The ticket goes to the registered owner of the car. Its as simple as that. My friend was street racing like 8 years ago, and "got away" from the cops. 2 days later his brother, the registered owner if that vehicle was getting arrested for evading police.
serves them right for not having fake plates on when they do illegal shit
>>
>>17055507
nah, he sounds like Hanz
FBI doesn't have anything to do with redlight cameras btw
and Jesse never "turned his life around" unless you mean when Walt rescued him from Uncle Jack, Todd, Kenny, Lester, Matt and Frankie with his remote controlled machine gun mounted in the boot of his car while they were about to kill him in that pool room
>>
>>17055942
complete stops only exist because lawyers don't know how to define yielding

california stops are perfectly safe and superior to complete stops
>>
>>17055761
>she
maybe the road isn't the place for a woman
>>
>>17055994
they have to catch you first.
>>
>>17056355
this
>>
>>17054995
You're right. But breaking the rules means being ok with what possible consequences there are.
>>
>>17055042
I don't see how accepting risks you take is being upright.
>>
File: 1440451184282.png (573KB, 834x466px) Image search: [Google]
1440451184282.png
573KB, 834x466px
in what shithole place do you live where you get tickets for turning right on a red?

I thought this was only a eurocuck thing
>>
>>17056388
frankly I disagree with the notion that the state should control my driving at all.

can you imagine the foolishness of a horse riding license? Because that's what's going on with cars. You are now a slave.
>>
File: 1486943467145.jpg (48KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486943467145.jpg
48KB, 800x600px
>>17056425
You don't need a driving license if you don't drive. Driving means operating a car commercially. The right to travel is a right, not a privilege.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVu5S2ISELo
>>
>>17055240

Because your stupid.

To Whom it May Concern,

I received a letter claiming I committed a violation of a Traffic law in the(insert city) on (insert date). As per the instructions, I am writing to plead ‘not guilty’ to this charge. Although this option is said to result in this matter going to court; it is my suggestion that the charges simply be dropped. This suggestion comes out of respect for tax payers, and my request that their hard earned money not be wasted in such proceedings. As there is no evidence of my involvement with this alleged ‘crime’, as well as the fact that I am not granted my 6th amendment right to face my ‘accuser’ (a camera); I see no way the government could prove my guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. I also see find no legal requirement for me to implicate someone else in this process, as it is the government’s responsibility to prove a person’s guilt. It is also my 5th amendment right to remain silent on the matter.

If it is the government’s decision to move forward in this matter, I would request copies of any evidence the prosecution may have of my involvement in the “offense”; as well as, all maintenance records for the camera(s) involved.
The district attorney will throw out your tickets, because if you take it to court, it may end up in higher court where the whole camera system may be thrown out like has happened in several citys around the USA.
>>
>>17056425
The state can do that because you drive on roads maintained by them. An example would be a you telling someone not to do something in your home: that's your place so you make the rules.

>>17056477
Traveling can be done by foot, public TRANSPORTation, or other means. Operating a motor vehicle on state regulated roads means following certain guidelines including having a valid license to operate said vehicle. You can operate that vehicle on your private property as you please, as it's your right in that case. Kindly take your bullshit elsewhere.
>>
>>17056507
>Traveling can be done by foot, public TRANSPORTation, or other means. Operating a motor vehicle on state regulated roads means following certain guidelines including having a valid license to operate said vehicle. You can operate that vehicle on your private property as you please, as it's your right in that case. Kindly take your bullshit elsewhere.
did you even watch the video you dumb bootlicker? It's because of people like you who don't know their rights and don't stand for them that our liberty is undermined each passing day.
>>
>>17056519
I make jokes about you people to cops
>>
>>17055746
Quite often for the bants yeah, but what part of this story is so unbelievable?

>>17055761
Um no. Truck driver was a fuckwit and your friend was an innocent driver minding her own business, and didn't deserve to be hit by someone breaking the law.

Freedom requires responsibility, and if I am taking the liberty to break traffic law then the onus is on me to ensure I never hurt someone else.

As edgy as my story was, none of these things are particularly risky for anyone else if there literally is no one else on the road and I have the line of sight to see that

>>17055812
Lame
>>
>>17056519
I'm going to use the same comparison again. In your home, you can make the rules. You can tell your guests what you do and do not want done. However, on public roads, which the state maintains, they can also regulate: which comes in the form laws and regulations. One of those rules is that you must maintain a valid license to operate a motor vehicle on affornentioned roads. In the simplest words possible "my roads my rules"
>>
>>17055248
Benito made the trains run on time, not stop at every crosswalk.
>>
>>17056546
Using your own words. If you take the liberty to break a traffic law; then you also accept the possible outcome of the actions. Like I said before there's nothing wrong with it, but you can't bitch about it if you get burned.
>>
>>17056559
They're public roads not government roads, your argument is invalid
>>
you dont have to pay the ticket, as it wasnt handed to you by a cop. thats how it works in ohio. although if you log into a website/ go to to the URL on the letter in the mail to 'watch the video' this counts as the ticket was served because you 'saw it'
if there isnt a way for them to log you looking at the 'ticket' then it has to be handed to you by a cop for it to be valid.

talked to my lawyer about this already, my dad got a ticket from a speed cam one time
>lawyer suggested he ignored it
>they sent a letter saying increase in fine
>they sent one more
>lawyer drafted basically a cease and desist to send back
>no response
>'ticket' disappeared.

but it sounds like you went to the very specific URL they gave you and you've been served the ticket now. so too late. pay up and purchase a diffuser for your plate, or get a traffic violation lawyer, as they can dismiss your fake charges if it ever made it to real court, because they cant prove you were driving.
>>
>>17056589
Public roads are subject to state and federal laws stupidass
>>
File: zuoapw.jpg (200KB, 639x492px) Image search: [Google]
zuoapw.jpg
200KB, 639x492px
>>17056605
>purchase a diffuser for your plate
there are better solutions
>>
>>17056629
so is your house
>>
>>17056634
>implying that a plate like that would get approved by the bmv
>>
>>17056638
You're right. I do have to obey the law in my house. That goes for literally everywhere; including the road.
>>
File: b88b8bb.jpg (222KB, 700x936px) Image search: [Google]
b88b8bb.jpg
222KB, 700x936px
>>17056653
>implying it wouldn't
>implying it hasn't been numerous times
>>
File: u.png (150KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
u.png
150KB, 499x499px
>>17056660
>>
>>17056666
nice get.

>numerous slips are bound to happen by a new employee

you have zero idea how much % of plates go through or get denied

have some actual evidence to backup your shitposting
>>
File: jaiblHk.jpg (554KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
jaiblHk.jpg
554KB, 2592x1936px
>>17056680
>photos aren't evidence
The government didn't seem to have an issue with that
also to go with my get, G6GG66G
>>
>>17056666
Yeah maybe 20 years ago
>>
File: tonzVOi.jpg (80KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
tonzVOi.jpg
80KB, 960x720px
>>17056689
From another state
>>
>>17056671
Down goes Frazier. I love it when a person doesn't have a leg to stand on.
>>
>>17056666
>>17056685
>>17056689

If you get plates like this cops will pull you over for going 2 over the limit and you will never get warnings
>>
>>17056715
>for going 2 over the limit
they can't ticket you for going 2 over, tolerance applies because it's attributable to speedo error
>>
>>17056738
Wrong. You have to prove your speedo is off and take it to court
>>
>>17056749
lol no
the manufacturers themselves have a tolerance, because even the wheels vary their size with use
>>
>>17056569
I can't bitch if I crash into a wall and write off my car no.
I will however bitch if some beurocrat I didn't vote for tries to give me an invoice for a service I didn't ask for because I broke a law that I never agreed to follow
>>
>>17056482
> your

"Because you are stupid"...

Other than that this letter is not terrible, but you'd be wise to be a bit more genuine and not assholish sounding in the letter. I'm a former small town prosecutor and if I saw this letter word for word and had a not heavy day in court I would do everything I could to nail this fucker.

OP's best solutions:

Plan to appear in court on your own. Call into court directly several weeks in advance being VERY apologetic and say I want to appear in court but my schedule is impossible to change. Change it to a day or time you can make it. Depending on how big the court/your town is, the court court can be flexible on when they will hear your case.

Best argument is that you are broke, your breaks are terrible and that you thought you were turning right with an appropriate "pause", that the camera may not have picked up as a full stop. Offer to show proof of purchase of new break pads and that you'll never do it again. Fair probablity of the fine being lowered, low probability of them being dropped all together.

The "right to face my accuser" argument is pretty bad. Court will say that the XYZ police officer or the state itself is your accuser and the camera is merely their evidence.

But honestly...you should pay the fine. You got caught three different times on camera going through red lights. It is a fair assumption that you've gone through several many more and that these are just the only times you've been caught on camera. The court & justice system is in place to protect the community. Punishing you is a deterrent to correct this behavior and keep the community safe. Public Safety>Public Tax Dollars.
>>
>>17056898
You agreed to follow that law once you put your car on public roads aka land that is not yours.

If you don't want to be punished, don't break the law.

If you want to crash your own car into a wall that you own, you may (probably) do so...as long as you don't harm any one else, endanger anyone else, or trespass/infringe on anyone else's property rights.

Also, if you dont like the laws of the state you are in you have freedom to move to some other state that does not have these laws. But once you are on a particular state's roads you essentially agree to an understood/unspoken contract that you will abide by their law.

Hell decades ago there was a state that used to force crosscountry long haul truckers to take their mudflaps off when they went through their state because the state made an anti-mudflap law due to the state's roads being damaged by them.
>>
>>17056953
>keep community safe
Nigger there was no one to keep safe, OP was the only one in the road
>>
>>17057029
The times you OP got caught yes.

But he got caught 3 times in a short amount of time. That makes it pretty obvious that he is regularly running red lights. He did the crime, got caught and got punished.

The mindset of the court is that punishing him with fines will give him a reason not to continue running red lights. A community with one less person with a habit of running red lights is inherently a safer community...which is ideal.
>>
>>17056953

And you would risk your cameras being banned by supreme court after he appeals it.

Is 1 ticket worth risking all of them.

Most prosecutors would say no.
>>
>>17056953

The state has to prove he was the one driving his vehicle.
>>
>>17056994
Thanks anon. you saved me the trouble, I didn't have to reply to the moron this time.
>>
Holy shit. The amount of bootlicking cucks itt is amazing. Do you bus riders actually even drive a fucking car? Who the fuck stops for 3 (three) seconds when they come to a stop sign or making a right on red turn? You're just as bad as the fucking normies you retards complain and lament about. Why is it so hard for you cucks to realize that a little common sense and discretion goes a long way when driving? If you can see for eternity than yeah, roll through. A blind turn? wait a second or two. Blindly following each law without second thought is for straight fucking retards.
>>
>>17057169
>proceeds to bitch about cyclists not following traffic laws in a different thread
>>
File: 1442986512555.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1442986512555.png
211KB, 327x316px
>he's too fucking stupid to check for cameras
you deserve it, faggot.
>>
>>17057169
I speed and do reckless shit all the time, I just don't cry like a bitch when I get caught
>>
>>17057185
>Implying I cry about cyclists.
Pretty dank rebuttal about my post.

I'd rather them use a bit of common sense too. We don't need more laws to control everything. We need to put the responsibility back on people.
>>
>>17057193
>Tripfagging
At least you acknowledge your driving. From all the posts ITT everyone acts like they follow laws 100%.

Really gets my noggin joggin on those self driving cars. If half these cucks are to be believed it wouldn't make a difference for them.
>>
>>17057169
>>waaahh no one's agree with me.
>>
File: 1467275053027.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467275053027.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>17057240
>>waaah I got btfo
>>
File: 1491626436638.jpg (94KB, 640x607px) Image search: [Google]
1491626436638.jpg
94KB, 640x607px
>>17054834

Just say that you lent your car to your friend or some bullshit like that and don't drop any names, you can just plead the 5th on that.

If they don't have a picture of you driving the car when the traffic camera went off, they cant stick shit to you.

We had traffic cameras here and they were taken down after several months with people using this defense and it ended up costing the county more money because of this.
>>
>>17057228
I don't think many people care that he actually rolled through. The issue is that he wants to bitch about it instead of just being an adult and saying "fuck, I hate tickets" and moving on.
>>
>>17057121
LOLOLOL banned by the supreme court?
>Implying he would appeal

Do you know how much they cost? The filing costs alone would be more expensive than the ticket even if he was bat shit crazy enough to appeal on his own without a lawyer.

>Implying an judge wouldn't be annoyed by these arguement and antics

Most judges are in favor of the state, especially when it comes to simple & and basic laws that everyone encounters and is unilaterally accepted and abided by. The judge would probably chew OP out on a good day just for tying up his court room for a traffic ticket.

>>17057126
For the initial hearing the standard is VERY low. Prosecutor just has to prove "more likely than not" OP was the person who ran the red light.

If OP and his dad are the only people driving all he has to do is pull up both of their driving records (more than likely OP has a much worse driving record than his dad). Then get any police officer to confirm that the driving record is OP's and that they used it to confirm OP's identification or something to get it into evidence.

Prosecutor would then argue that OP is a habitual offender and/or runner of red lights. Bingo-bango, prosecutor has gotten through the initial hearing. Because traffic tickets are "summary" offenses, they are basic enough for the judge to be able to make a determination/judgment right there and then. No need for a jury or higher court level...enjoy your full punishment costs plus court fees.

Prosecutors and judges HATE being bothered with rinky-dink cases. If you dont cooperate they will be more than happy to prosecute to the fullest because it is so easy for them.
>>
>>17054834
Sucks you live in Illinois as here in Florida the court will throw the ticket out the window.
>>
>>17057290
>We had traffic cameras here and they were taken down after several months with people using this defense and it ended up costing the county more money because of this.
nice
>>
>>17056410
Have to stop all the way or its considered "rolling", they can hit you with the same fine with stop signs just about anywhere
>>
File: 20years.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20years.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>17054834
How do you plead, citizen?
>>
>>17056994
>please check the yes I have read the terms and conditions box to agreee to the terms and conditions and use this product
Yeah I "agreed" but at the same time I am selfish and I do whatever I want

>>17057158
Rude
>>
>>17054834
Maybe you should follow traffic laws you useless meathole.
>>
>>17057454
Sure you do whatever you want, but you are also come hell or high water going to end up with a minimum of 200 fewer bucks in your pocket. Whether it is paying a lawyer or paying a fine at some point.

Honestly, your best bet is to write a tearful apology letter saying you are sorry for what you did, would plead guilty in person but you are poor, under employed, will lose your job and are requesting to come in on a more convenient day and be put on a payment plan. But that the main reason you want to be in court is to apologize to the judge in person...judges will eat that shit up.

Pay $25 bucks a month so the fine doesnt hurt so bad.
>>
>>17057450
>I plead not gui-
20 YEARS IN THE CUBES
>>
>>17055672
are you saying that's a good thing?
>>
File: 3dollaparty.jpg (107KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
3dollaparty.jpg
107KB, 720x960px
OP here. I'm not broke, I can afford it. I'm just really pissed that they hid these fucking cameras. If the first one flashed at me like they all do, I would have been more careful.
I dont want to give these fucking shitty suburbs a fucking dime.

I'm gonna contest it. I'll draft up a letter basically explaining the situation, and that I shouldnt be charged for not coming to a COMPLETE stop at 3am on a empty street. Maybe it will fly, probably wont, but whatever. I'll feel better about trying.

Talked to my friends traffic lawyer, he wants $260 per appearance, and since these are at different courthouses, its gonna be $260*3x. so fuck that.
>>
>>17055659
It's not really a crime until you replace reasonable human cops with cold unfeeling machines that actually enforce laws even if they are retarded
>>
>>17055589
>tickets aren't changing anything
>BIGGER TICKETS

Statists are this dumb
>>
File: 1354083355183.jpg (35KB, 551x549px) Image search: [Google]
1354083355183.jpg
35KB, 551x549px
>>17055859
>>
>>17057702
Jesus fuck you have the 'tism
>>
>>17055981
Should I? You don't make it sound very fun.

>>17056994
This. You are on public road ways.

>>17057504
It's 3 offenses. He'll be lucky if he doesn't lose his license over it now. I'm LMAOing at his life right now.
>>
>>17056634
Yeah, like obeying the traffic laws to begin with.
>>
be fucking thankful you just have to pay a fucking fee.

here, you would have lost your license after the first one.
>>
>>17055047
You are a dumb nigger. You know the lefties introduced all this "road safety" crap to strengthen their police state?

If you're actually right wing you should be AGAINST the road safety agenda (in its current form, lefties have made glaring scientific errors to push their agenda).

I agree running red lights is a nigger thing to do of course, but the agenda as a whole is not there for safety.

The real reason it exists is to create more bureaucrats, public servants and increase the size of govt. Then the govt can claim more taxes from you to pay for it.

It's fucking liberals 101 mate. the liberal LIKES this whole big govt nanny state, he would not be complaining about it.
>>
>>17054834
>tfw based Texas ruled that red light cameras were illegal the day before I got mine
>don't even have to worry about it
Get out of whatever shithole you're in
>>
>>17057744
Or smashing every camera

Police that let things slide are a check on how it of touch legislators can be

Automated enforcement circumvents that check and let's a bunch of sheltered gold collar octogenarians force their dementia on society unhindered. The founding fathers never expected this. If they did, we would have provisions against it.
>>
File: gadsden23.jpg (59KB, 490x306px) Image search: [Google]
gadsden23.jpg
59KB, 490x306px
>>17057830
>Automated enforcement circumvents that check and let's a bunch of sheltered gold collar octogenarians force their dementia on society unhindered. The founding fathers never expected this. If they did, we would have provisions against it.
best post ITT anon, cheers
statist moralfags are the worst
>>
File: 1460363523172.jpg (182KB, 736x707px) Image search: [Google]
1460363523172.jpg
182KB, 736x707px
>>17054846
Keep it up shitler
>>
>>17057847
>>17057694
Ancap autist detected
>>
>>17054853
>>17057851
>>17056002
t. Tyrone 'Deqwan' LeShawn Jefferson and his autistic brothers
>>
>>17057879
hey it's the dumb trip that thinks engines are "faster" than each other
>>
>>17057890
Maybe you could try learning a thing or two about how promod racing works
>>
>>17054834
>That grainy-ass image
How would they even know it was you?
Also, the solution is obviously to do a sick drift so the camera can't see your plate as you turn.
>>
>>17057883
Guess you don't need a real insult or argument anymore when you can just make up a stereotypical African-American name and call the others autistic and pretend like that's a solid defense against being a traffic Nazi.
Bitch.
>>
>>17055644
This so much. I drove like fucking Ghost Rider everywhere until I got nailed at a mere 74km/h in a 50 zone and only got let off because the cop knew my dad. It was a huge wake up call to the fact that I could get caught and decided not to abuse this privilege and slow the fuck down before I got throughly fucked over
>>
>>17057504
I'm not op. I'm just some asshole
>>
>>17057678

They don't hide the cameras you fucking retard. They're giant white metal boxes that house the camera, the flash and equipment. You're just an idiot who doesn't know how to fucking drive.
>>
>>17057810

How autistic are you? Like full on 24/7 wearing a helmet, or just occasionally shitting yourself?
>>
>>17056634
>>17056666

Met a Miata owner with similar plate. MNNMM or something like that. He said he was able to fight a red light ticket because his plate wasn't clearly readable, but every traffic cop gives him a ticket in the street for like being more than 12" from the curb, and super minor shit like that. Apparently cops hate those things.
>>
>>17056761
Still waste your time going to court. On a weekly basis with plates like that
>>
>>17056477
this makes a ton of sense. Because it is straight up unconstitutional to take away my right to drive my fucking car for any reason.

Now that I know it's all a massive deception so you're tricked into paying money to the state, it's all clear and I can relax- knowing my country is in a fine state provided we understand this loophole.

Of course if you get caught driving commercially without a license, you'd still be fucked. Don't deliver pizzas.
>>
>>17054846
Third post bus post.
>>
>>17058341
They can't really make you a ticket for that amount of speeding
>>
>>17058356
kek
>>
>>17058350
spread the word bro
also good advice on not delivering pizzas
>>
>>17058413
can't 'go to work' either. they'll fucking nail you.
>>
>>17058421
wait, the video gives the impression that you can even travel to work as long as you aren't taking people or goods.
>>
>>17057187
In my defense, the cameras are way the fuck back on a discreet pole. Look a the pic. It's like 20 feet in the air, and like 100 back from the corner. All other red light cameras are within 30 feet of the intersection.
>>
>>17058068
Yes they fucking do you fucking britbong.
>>
>>17058397
Yes they fucking can.
>>
>>17058449
As long as you aren't getting paid for driving you should be fine imo, but I'm no lawyer
>>
>>17057504
>>17058010
I understand what you mean though and I do comprehend my actions. I lost my licence for 6months for doing 190 in my old integra. That did change the way I drive a lot ... and made me get a radar detector

I just wish we had laws that made sense to follow, the kind that I wouldn't want to break. The issue isn't whining about getting punished, it's that the only reason why I wouldn't break the law is because of the threat of punishment, which is wrong.

I do whatever I can get away with, but that means in terms of police and cameras as much as the risk of hurting someone innocent. I only speed and run reds late at night, valentine on, no one around, and nowhere near cameras
>>
>>17058830
>nowhere near cameras
your thread suggests otherwise
next time use waze too, valentine isn't nearly enough
>>
>>17058855
I'm not op. I'm the guy having the argument with the other guy.

Waze doesn't do shit in New Zealand, but a valentine is pretty effective
>>
>>17058908
People don't report cameras to waze in nz? what a bunch of cucks lol
>>
>>17058934
They do but the app just doesn't have the popularity. Facebook groups like "checkpoint watch nz" are the only up to date sources because all the bogans all use them
>>
>>17059021
That's sad to hear anon, and actually surprising since in my shitty meme third world country Waze works great (at least in the capital city).
>>
Didn't read the thread

If they didn't hand serve you, you don't owe shit
>>
>>17057830
>>17057847

>Station police officers at commonly blown red lights

"Why the fuck are these pigs wasting their time and man power on traffic surveillance? They are getting paid by my tax dollars! Shouldn't they be out there stopping real crime like murders, rapes, and drug dealing? This is a waste of taxpayer money!"

>Implement camera technology that allow police officers to spend less time on traffic duty and to be out on the street stopping murder, rape, and drug dealing

"Why the fuck are there these cameras doing surveillance on traffic crimes? I don't even have the right to face my accuser! This is unconstitutional!"

Its hard to make everyone happy all of the time. Not coming to a full stop, particularly on right on reds are one of the most common reasons that children get hit by cars.

If OP wanted to give a reasonable "I shouldn't be punished for it" he should mention that the intersection did not have a "No turn on red" sign, that it is common for those signs to have a 6am to 6pm caveat, and all of his blown reds were after 6pm...a time of day where it is substantially less likely for pedestrians to be at danger.

OP could also tongue in cheek say that you would be happy to support an effort to add "No turn on red between 6am & 6pm" at these intersections.
>>
>>17055673
yeah right people don't have accident when they don't follow traffic rules
>>
>>17058499

So hidden, you daft cunt:

https://www.google.com/search?q=red+light+camera&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwipmYm1p7XTAhXKiFQKHXAxBQIQ_AUICSgC&biw=1600&bih=770
>>
File: arthur-schopenhauer.jpg (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
arthur-schopenhauer.jpg
113KB, 1024x768px
>>17058485
still your fault, never run reds unless you know for certain there's no cameras

always assume the worst my anonymous coposter, and you will not be surprised in a bad way

you can only be surprised in a good way if you assume this life philosophy
>>
>>17055119
There are no points for red light camera tickets
>>
>>17054834
Either pay the 300 dollar ticket or pay a traffic lawyer 100

Yes it's a scan either way
>>
>>17054834
Don't pay it. The law is just a money generating machine made by beaurocrats. You don't need a license or tags to drive either, just make your own since you are actually a natural citizen of the earth and travel is a natural right.
>>
>>17060742

Kek

Also obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zHRQn_IShw
>>
>>17057830
Yes, commit criminal damage to property rather than just obey the traffic laws. Genius. Remind me again why you're more qualified to make these calls than the people who's job it is?
>>
>>17061508
Textbook bootlicker. People like you are the building block of tyrannies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uokA7s3TtD8
>>
File: SatanObama310.jpg (77KB, 310x194px) Image search: [Google]
SatanObama310.jpg
77KB, 310x194px
>be OP
>obtain driver's license, thereby explicitly acknowledging specific rules of road and agreeing to follow them at all times, knowing that breaking them leads to avoidable consequences
>break rules anyway
>mad that there are unavoidable consequences

And on this day, OP was the biggest faggot of all. Amen
>>
>>17061508
Obviously you shouldn't stop at the property, and make sure you move on up to the gray haired kikes that thought that property belonged there in the first place.

Machines are the means by which men become gods. They are stronger than you, deadlier than you, and can not be reasoend with. Yet, they follow orders perfectly, and where do those orders come from, but a small group of men, possibly a mere individual?

Automation should not be allowed into the spheres of legal and moral enforcement. The power imbalance they create is too extreme for society to be anything but dysfunctional and dystopian.

As for my qualifications, well, like the politicians who make these calls, I talk a lot and have a degree in business, but law would be better, because it's not whether or not you have strong morals, but whether or not you are adept at interpreting and subverting written rules. I'm also missing the TV appearances and rich friends, so I guess I'm not allowed to determine what happens with your freedom and your right to freedom (money).
>>
>>17061666
I'm a "bootlicker" because I come to a complete stop? I guess if not paying out the ass for fines and losing my license makes me a "bootlicker" then sign me up.

>>17061775
Ah, commit a hate crime instead of just coming to a complete stop. Absolutely rational thinking. I can see why you feel that you are more qualified to make the laws than the people who simply applied common sense.
>>
>>17061785
First it's autism over a complete stop, then your face is snapped and a fine mailed for improper public speech, then you are apprehended by an automated enforcer for advocating dissent, then your arm is broken (and the medical costs reimbursed, yay!) in a similar dispute. Then you are under home arrest and temporarily designated as a willing enemy of the state. Then your territory secedes. Then far superior technology slaughters every official and citizen that supported the secession.

And someone else sits back and says 'why couldn't those dumb fucks just submit to the one true law?'

Because literal sheep are not ones for principles.
>>
>>17061795
>Trying to justify not coming to a complete stop

Oh fuck off. You're either trolling or absolutely fucking retarded. Here's a counter-measure: Come to a complete stop so they don't have to monitor every intersection 24/7.
>>
>>17061843
This isn't about complete stops. That ship sailed. it's about cheap statist retards destroying society because machines are cheaper than flesh and blood.

If you want to be a statist at least make sure law making and enforcement are human all the way down so laws can be evaluated, criticized, and bent, better understood, and also sooner changed as the people doing all that have more clout and credibility than their subjects.

What does automated enforcement give you? An aide says "revenue went up and accidents decreased by 0.01%. good call, senator. this program pays for itself!"
>>
File: mary bayer.png (746KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
mary bayer.png
746KB, 1366x768px
>>17061785
>common sense
GIVE THEM AN INCH THEY TAKE A MILE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6fNShSY_Iw
>>
>>17061888
For situations where there are shades of grey and indepth analysis is needed...yes, law making and enforcement is necessary.

But this is literally a yes or no, mechanical, black and white situation.

Was the light red? Yes.
Did he come to a complete stop for the required amount of time? No.
End of story.

Automated enforcement allows more cops being in more important places or gaining more important knowledge/training.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry we took too long and didnt make it in time to stop your drunken husband from battering you and your children despite the fact that you called 9-1-1. Our most available officer rather than being on call at HQ was doing red light observation duty."
>>
>>17062125
>for the required amount of time?
You already have a problem there, people aren't machines
>>
>>17062125
>implying traffic cops are the same as the regular cops
>>
File: john oliver hates freedom.jpg (54KB, 550x467px) Image search: [Google]
john oliver hates freedom.jpg
54KB, 550x467px
>>17062125
>>
>>17054846
>>17054860
>>17054904
>>17055659
Jesus Christ. Laws are just made up shit by a government which is also made up shit, just like paper money. They're not some physics laws which can't be broken. It would be nice if laws didn't apply during certain hours or traffic densities, but that's obviously not feasible. So you get fined for stupid shit when no one's around. Literally no one is happy with this, except maybe the government who can spend the few bucks they got from your ticket. You guys are fucking pussies.
>>
>>17061888
No, it's literally about coming to a complete stop. If OP had just obeyed the traffic laws and came to a complete stop we wouldn't be having this thread.

>>17061899
Don't like it? Move to a third world shithole and see how great life is.
>>
>>17056482
This is the correct answer. Here's a success story OP. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Lawyer-Wins-Red-Light-Camera-Lawsuit-Against-Richardson-385760061.html
Also,
>da law is da law!
It's a goddamn red light camera, and at least warn people if you're gonna have them, literally highway robbery. You people have no morals and probably ride the bus.
>be me
>leaving work, graveyard shift
>stopping for food before drive home
>pass two cops on motorcycles. realize it's a nice day and the cops in this area are infamous for being dicks.
>shit.png
>whoopwhoop
>officer isn't pushy, and I'm too tired to remember to ask why I was pulled over
>ticket for not wearing seatbelt. 25$.
>don't care, no points, and just want to go home
>go to pay online
>65$ extra "processing fee"
>fuckisthisshit
They gave me a handy little card with ways to pay clearly outlined. I should have fought it, in my state it's a secondary offense, so if I fought it I would have won, as I was pulled over illegally. I looked at the back of the card and I had a list of offenses and fines. I don't have the paper any more, but a fine for a reckless was IIRC less than a third of the highest fine, which was, by a big margin, HOV violation, something like 600$ for a first offense.
You think this isn't about money and nothing else? Go play in traffic.
>select every image with HAMSTER
>missing one was a fucking rabbit
fix this
>>
>>17062261
>Move to a third world shithole and see how great life is.
government overreach is why they ended up that way retard
>>
>>17062286
No, it's not. Lack of government is why.
>>
>>17062249
>haha how are laws and money even real
>>
>>17062314
kek
you can't legislate into prosperity, it's the other way round. Regulation prevents prosperity. By all means keep your head buried in the sand if that's what you want to do.
http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking
>>
File: i4ntf.jpg (36KB, 452x322px) Image search: [Google]
i4ntf.jpg
36KB, 452x322px
>>17062314
>Lack of government is why.
>>
>>17062314
>government "education"
you've been brainwashed, kid
>>
>>17062384
>posts saying how lack of government is good
>posts a source where the top 5 "free" places are the most government involved areas of the world
>>
>>17062458
>most government involved areas of the world
lol
>>
>>17062164
A full stop is generally considered a minimum of 3 seconds.
1 second to stop the movement of the car
1 second to look left and make sure the situation is clear
1 second to look right and make sure the situation is clear.

>>17062173
Implying they are not. Cops are cops, it just depends on what task they are given and what on a given day the department feels is most pressing.

As a prosecutor, the majority of cases that I handled were DUIs, and blown stop signs/red lights were among the most frequently charged and bulletproof crimes for judges to uphold to help prove and ensure probable cause for a justified and constitutional stop.

Damn near every cop who has ever existed from small neighborhood cops to state troopers have busted someone for a redlight/stop sign infraction.

It is the trickle down effect & parade of horribles: if you stop enforcing and punishing running red lights, people will not acknowledge red lights because humans are asshole and usually think about their own well being over others.

Its a belt and suspenders situation. Money comes and goes, but the world is a better place if people get frivolous tickets and one child's life is spared rather than put human life at risk.

Better safe than sorry. I'd much rather hassle people than allow unsafe situations.
>>
>>17062533
Most all of those happiest countries/countries with the best lifestyle places are among the most heavily regulated and highly taxed places in the world.
>>
>>17062578
Then why not do like reasonable countries do and put the traffic lights into blinking mode at night?
Blinking red means stop, blinking yellow means yield.
>>
>>17062578
>the world is a better place if people get frivolous tickets and one child's life is spared rather than put human life at risk.
>implying those tickets save lives as opposed to being just a greedy cash grab
>>
>>17062585
I don't see Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea and China in the top 5 anon
>>
>>17054834

claim that you share your car with someone else. it can be anyone, you dont ever have to prove you actually do this

then ask them to prove that you were driving.
they need a clear picture of your face.
bonus points if you have a friend of family member who looks somewhat similar to you

if they cant see your face, then you dont have to pay
>>
ITT ancap autists
>>
File: 1489915794887.jpg (9KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
1489915794887.jpg
9KB, 500x420px
>>17062681
>t. bootlicker
>>
>>17062699
t. boot®licker
>>
File: nicetry.jpg (67KB, 600x699px) Image search: [Google]
nicetry.jpg
67KB, 600x699px
>>17062713
memeballs are just that, memeballs
I even laugh with them
>>
>>17054834
that place looks like a shithole op
>>
>>17062729
That memeball is copyright, use another one
>>
>>17062757
>implying copyright exists in a lawless world
>>
>>17062729
nigger
>>
>>17062384
Right right. Too much government caused private militias to spring up and start fucking over the average citizen.

>>17062400
See above

>>17062422
I didn't say education.

>>17062585
Good luck trying to explain quality of life to people. They don't realize without people keeping retards in line we'd be no better off than the jungle bunnies in Africa
>>
>>17054834
>three tickets
That's double jeopardy. Launch a constitutional challenge.
>>
File: 1492762217923.jpg (454KB, 1016x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1492762217923.jpg
454KB, 1016x1016px
>there are people that actually follow the laws of the road

Lel, get fucked nerds. I'm going to continue driving my Antique car even though it's not the weekend and I'm not driving to and fro a car show.
>>
>>17063341
Whoa, you can drive them on weekends? We can only drive antique cars to a show or mechanic. Feels bad.
>>
Look up Right To Face Your Accuser.
>>
>>17063318
>That's double jeopardy
No it's not, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>17054834
>Has anyone ever successfully beat red light camera tickets for this shit?
If cost is not the real issue but having speeding tickets on your record is the bigger problem (insurance rates the next 3 years), then a traffic lawyer is the way to go. It might not work, but if you show up without a lawyer, the court knows you will be easily driven away with a "Where's your evidence we are wrong?" statement. OP, showing up with "attitude" that it's not right you got a ticket will only make things harder for you. To the court that has "seen it all", a person with that attitude is an arrogant driver that deserves the ticket.

But if you show up with a lawyer, they will sometimes give you a break because dickering with the lawyer uses up their time and they'd rather just be done with it too.
>>
>>17056738
>they can't ticket you for going 2 over
Not that poster, but in my area, the speed camera in school zones is calibrated to get you at 2 MPH over the school zone limit. The certification will be shown to you. You can demand another recert on the spot, but you will have to pay the cost of performing that whether you win or lose. That means flying out a company rep from Texas, hotel, per diem, gear lease costs, documentation fees, rental car fees, and of course the salary and event costs.

The reason why you have to pay for a recert is because the traffic camera documentation shows that the speed cam was checked and certified at the legally required interval. Thus, their responsibility has been satisfied.
>>
>>17064061
I just re-read the OP and realized he didn't get three identical tickets from a single offense. Nvm.
Thread posts: 271
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.