[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brother is about to go and buy a '13 Ford Focus ST3 with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: st3.jpg (115KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
st3.jpg
115KB, 1440x1080px
My brother is about to go and buy a '13 Ford Focus ST3 with a full option interior for $16K.
Is there anything he should be looking out for?
>>
>ford

Found the main problem
>>
>>17047597
nice meme.

I forgot to mention that the car has 40K miles and full service history.
Any known problems with the suspension/drivetrain of this car?
>>
>>17047601
kek.
Aside from the shitposts I'd say transmission. If the car has a full service history, I wouldn't worry about it. They're decently reliable.
>>
>>17047605
I figured it would be reliable, what are the known issues for the transmission? anything that had a recall?
I'm too lazy to do research and im sure there are some people on /o/ who own one of those, considering they are completely autistic I figure they could help me out here.
>>
>>17047612
Transmissions in performance compacts in ford division are pretty shit especially in the Fiesta. It isn't as common in the Focus but thats the one thing I'd watch. Everything else is pretty solid.
>>
>>17047623
Forgot to say they like to grenade.
>>
>>17047592
WAAR WOON JE?
>>
>>17047623
>>17047626
This is complete codswallop. The transmissions in the ST line are Getrag 6speeds and they're bulletproof. The only transmission issues are for the DCTs which are not an option for either of the STs.
>>
Why not a fully loaded civic?
>>
>>17047623
Only the ATs
>>
Go for it, they're cheap as hell. Probably cost 30k+ new and now it's 16k after a 5 year lease I assume.
>>
>>17048702
This. Manual is fine tho.
>>
Dont get an auto (were the sts offered in auto?) and it should be ok
>>
>>17047592
Just bought one a few weeks ago. Love it!
>>
>>17048479
In the words of Hannibal Buress: "Don't buy a Honda Civic, that's a girl's car."
>>
>>17048424
>>17048702
Ok thanks for correcting me. Don't pay too much attention to ford and thats what the general consensus was when I was reading up on it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.