[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are rebaged Toyotas a luxury brand in America? No one here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

Why are rebaged Toyotas a luxury brand in America?

No one here in Europe considers Toyotas luxury.
>>
>>17045984
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>17045984
Americans are badgewhores. All the japs had to do was slap another badge on their cars and market them as luxury. Lmao
>>
File: Lexus_Balance_ad.jpg (31KB, 344x199px) Image search: [Google]
Lexus_Balance_ad.jpg
31KB, 344x199px
>>17045998
>Americans are badgewhores
But then so are Europeans? they would actively avoid superior cars (like Lexus) if it didn't have an Audi or BMW badge. Maybe Americans being badge whores is a good thing (for euro manufacturers) because i don't know about Europe but in America you are raped with repair/maintenance bills so its better to just lease and dump before warranty is up. Lexus does not rip you off and you can keep your car for life with great luxury with the cost of ownership of a normal car and the sooner Americans realize that i see no reason Lexus wouldn't control the entire US Market but thanks to them being Badge-whores that means Beamuh, Audi, and Benz can exploit morons who believe excessively expensive parts = better parts.
>>
>>17046069
'no'
>>
>>17045984
because people are too dumb to realize

most people are surprised when I tell the the sc300/400s are just rebadged 3rd gen Toyota soarers
>>
>>17046069
Americans do not understand routine maintenance. If they actually maintained a BMW or Mercedes properly they would not need to spend a lot of money getting it fixed.
>>
File: 1487897632484.jpg (780KB, 2168x1734px) Image search: [Google]
1487897632484.jpg
780KB, 2168x1734px
doesn't matter since a Lexus isn't a hunk of shit that quickly loses it value and breaks down every 5 minutes
>>
>>17046164

Thanks for the tip, scotty
>>
File: 1487785926889.jpg (774KB, 2168x1734px) Image search: [Google]
1487785926889.jpg
774KB, 2168x1734px
>>17046116
it's kinda hard to do that when you need special equipment to maintenance your car, let's not forget you can't even check your own oil

a simple cheap oil change turns into a $500 job
>>
>>17046150
>routine maintenance
but why is this needed? and doesn't this shit cost money? why not make a product quality product from the start? why would you sign up for that when a Lexus requires no such thing and whatever it does require still won't cost as much.
>>
>>17046179
>buys car for $$$
>complains that he can't do his own oilchange to save 50 bucks while losing his warranty
>>
>>17045984
>No one considers Toyotas luxury.
that's why they they re brand the fancy cars duhh
>>
>>17046186
>lexus don't require maintenance

They do. Their decade old engines just take abuse better
>>
>>17046150
It's 2017, not 1981. For the first 100,000 miles or so, a modern BMW and a modern Lexus have the same "maintnance" schedule for the most part. Except that the BMW has more issues that require dealer visits for diagnosis and repair.

You don't have a german speaking mechanic reuniting around your 733iL greasing chassis lube fittings, adjusting the Bosch FI, performing minute alignment and suspension changes, while changing the serp belt. You literally change the oil and coolant on similar schedules and do the coolant, PS, trans once, and change tires and brakes every 20-45k miles or so. Except, the bmw will be in for random stupid shit breaking.
>>
>>17045984
>being so euro you get butthurt that burgers think that high-end japanese cars are equal to, or better than the junk "lux" brands that lazy eurotrash get excited about.

Enjoy your FWD Audis m8
>>
>>17046150
If you're spending good money on a car you, ideally, shouldn't NEED to worry about that shit.

No, seriously. Yes you should take care of your car but modern standards of maintenance and ease of ownership have risen dramatically since the 80's, and European brands just throw their hands in the air and mumble something about elitism and cupholder deletes rather than figuring this shit out like Toyota and Honda.

Lexus can do it. Why not BMW? Why can't you make a $40,000 car that won't stress the owner when Toyota can do it for half the cost?

Oh right, because "superior german engineering" is a fucking joke
>>
I think Lexus is making all the right moves. Ever since the LFA I think Toyota now understands that Lexus needs to be positioned as a global "lifestyle brand" to continue to increase the cachet of the L badge.

All the new Lexus products are getting great press for driving dynamics, even the sportier models, and the last thing you can call any current Lexus exterior design is "boring and safe." They seem to have become comfortable in their own skin as well. Lexus is distinctly "Japanese" now, no longer making clones of European designs. That's a tremendous turnaround from even 5 years ago.

Look at the interior of the new LS and LC models. They're downright works of art now. I'd say this shit is on par with the S-Class now in terms of fit, finish and aesthetics, if not better if you prefer a less minimalist-to-the-max approach than Mercedes.

All this coupled with all the work they've already done to establish themselves as the number one brand people think of when it comes to "quality" and "reliability" and I'd say it's an exciting time for Japanese luxury right now.
>>
>>17045984
For what it is worth, before Lexus was a brand in Japan, the equivalent Toyota cars that were branded as Lexus in the USA, had price parity with MB, BMW, etc. Toyota was just recognized to have cheap cars all the way through luxury cars in Japan.

On the other hand, in Europe, BMW, Audi, and MB all have tons of low-end shit tier models and trim levels that you cannot get in the USA. In Europe, BMW, mB, etc, are all sold unironically, in shit tier trims and are recognized for having low to high end cars, just like toyota in Japan.

So I guess I'm not sure I understand the OP's issue unless he is trolling us. (Which I am sure he is, as it seems like a cringy Opel driver)
>>
>>17045984
Oh boy. Another guy telling me my IS350 is just an overpriced Corolla.
>>
>>17046280
>I'd say this shit is on par with the S-Class now in terms of fit, finish and aesthetics

Nah man, build quality isn't there and I would be amazed if it ever was. They're a lot more impressive than they used to be, but they're not Mercedes tier.
>>
>>17046280
>I think Lexus is making all the right moves
Except completely ruining the front ends of their whole lineup.
>>
>>17045984
How is your leased BMW 320 treating you OP?
>>
>>17046588
>Nah man, build quality isn't there
Based on what? Have you sat in a new LS or LC?
>>
>>17046150
>Maintenance intervals on motor vehicles have
conventionally been specified based upon accumulated
mileage. However, driving conditions
have a major influence on routine maintenance
requirements; distance traveled is only one of
the significant factors. A vehicle driven for
50,000 miles of short trips in the city with
numerous cold starts, prolonged periods of
idling, stop-and-go driving, and high engine
speeds during acceleration requires more frequent
maintenance intervals than a vehicle
driven for 50,000 miles for long distances at low
engine speeds primarily at operating
temperature.
>The advanced technologies at BMW have led to
the development of the unique BMW Condition
Based Service (CBS) system which computes
the actual optimum maintenance requirements
based not only upon the accumulated mileage,
but taking into account important factors such
as high or low engine speeds, short or long trip
driving, and condition of the engine oil and
brake pads.

Since when its under warranty service is free (((they))) figure out when its optimal.
>>
>>17046150
Rod bearing replacement is not fucking routine maintenance. Neither is VANOS failure. Neither is crank hub spinning/failure. Neither is your fucking battery dying because BMW is retarded and didn't do state of charge management to keep the alternator engaged if the battery was getting low. Neither is replacing timing chain tensioners made the cheapest fucking plastic I've ever seen. Neither is walnut blasting the intake valves every 50k miles. Neither is high pressure fuel pump failure.

I've driven an LS400 for 20 years now. Other than the timing belt service + starter replacement all around the same time it's just been regular fluid changes, and new consumables like tires, pads, and rotors.

Maintaining an M3 is an unbelievable headache by comparison.
>>
>>17046588
You're a fucking retard

When the LS400 was released in 1989 it quickly destroyed sales in the luxury segment, and competitors where buying them to break down to see how they were able to build such a superior product.
>>
>>17045984
American't aren't exactly bright.
>>
>>17045984
Because americans are poor cucks
>>
>>17046150
A reliable car has fewer service items and longer service intervals.

Nobody wants to spend extra time maintaining a german shitbox because "if you maintain it it doesn't break!"

>the service manual says to replace this bearing goyim it's your fault
>>
>>17046290
Currently Lexus models that share platforms with Toyota models still have some differences.
There are features on the base model Lexus es that are not available on the top level Avalon. The interior materials are of a better quality as well. The es, up till last model year, was built in Japan while the Avalon was built in Kentucky USA.
There is also dealer service and minor things like that.
While I would not see that as being worth an additional 10,000, many people do.
For somebody who doesn't care about cars, Lexus is the perfect choice,, especially the es or ls.
>>
>>17045984
Please stop giving us a bad name.
>>
>>17045984
You would've had the tiniest bit of a point if you'd posted a picture of the 7th or 8th gen Euro/Jap Honda Accord and 1st/2nd gen Acura TSX.
Europe gets Lexus-badged Toyotas all the same, and even more Audi-badged VWs (shit like the A1/Polo isn't even sold in the US).
>>
>>17046196
>thinking an oil change on a Mercedes is $50
fucking lol
>>
>>17046150
I don't give a fuck what the car is if you don't change the oil every 10,000 miles to 50k then 5k from there on out you want your car to fucking die.
>>
>>17045984
>that grille

THE FISH GRILL MUST BE STOPPED.
>>
>>17045984
But you faggots consider a rebadged VW as luxury.
Stay BTFO
>>
File: images.png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3KB, 225x225px
>>17045984

Them headlights.
>>
>>17048569
This.
People here consider a fucking Passat with a different badge as luxury.
>>
>>17048569
Sorry but Audi and VW are completely different as you can tell by the quality of materials used on Audi are of better quality as to VW.

Meanwhile Toyota uses the same low quality materials used in their Toyota cars in Lexus.

This is why European cars will always be a luxury brand.
>>
>>17048668
>Sorry but Audi and VW are completely different as you can tell by the quality of materials used on Audi are of better quality as to VW.
>he believes this
>>
Implying BMWs aren't rebadged VWs fuck outta here
>>
In europe no one consider lexus luxury because lexus think that luxury cars shouldn’t have a 3 cylinder engine.
>>
>>17049858
We do though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllyBr_4Kxk
>>
>>17049858
instead they put a 4 cylinder in them and charge 1/3 of the car just to get a basic bitch v6
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.