[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I own a 72 Mustang Fastback. It has a Autolite/Motorcraft 2100

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: carb pump 1.jpg (41KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
carb pump 1.jpg
41KB, 960x720px
I own a 72 Mustang Fastback. It has a Autolite/Motorcraft 2100 Carburetor. Gas started leaking from the pump cover. Pic related its the pump cover.
There is a diaphragm that goes in between the pump cover and the main body. Already replaced that, didn't work. I think its the pump cover itself.
Does it looked warped to you guys? This is the side where its leaking from. You guys know where I could purchase a part like this? Thanks.
>>
>>17044133
assemble the pump outside the car and run it.
>>
post pic of car
>>
Here's the car
>>
>>17044133
Just trade it in for another car. My grandpa gave me his 68 or was it a 67? Mustang and I traded it to my friends dad for a fully loaded BRZ. The BRZ is so much cooler
>>
>>17044133
I am so, so sorry that you wasted any of your life coming to this godforsaken place hoping these people would help you.
I doubt it's the cover. If it is, you'd never know by looking.
As for that, if you can't figure out a google search, you deserve whatever Holley gives you.
>>
File: north korean plane.jpg (51KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
north korean plane.jpg
51KB, 550x400px
Yeah 4chan is a horrible place to come fore advice. I fixed it though. Didn't need to buy a new carb. I sanded down the warped piece of metal and it works great!
>>
File: B A I T.jpg (368KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
B A I T.jpg
368KB, 3000x3000px
>>17044473
>>
>>17044133
Finding those parts is getting trickier.
The 2100/2150 was used on virtually every 2 barrel v8 ford had from 65-73+ and then a shift to the 2300. All have some shared parts.
Differences are emissions related, that accelerator pump cover is interchangeable. If you can find a carb in the junkyard locally that looks like it will fit, it will fit.

It looks warped. If you want to verify thats what causing the leak and not a hard to see crqack- seal it with rtv, let cure overnight and fire it up. Not recommended for long term , just for diagnosing.
>>
>>17044133
clean the motor, start it with the hood open, verify where it leak
>>
>>17044133
Yeah it looks a bit warped. Lay a straight edge on it to see for sure.

You can re flatten them with a big file or the like, or get a new one if you can find it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.