[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sell modern car for an old lotus? https://cincinnati.craig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1482701343914.jpg (54KB, 1439x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482701343914.jpg
54KB, 1439x960px
Sell modern car for an old lotus?

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/6078951203.html

I stumbled on this just looking around, I want something tiny and light. Car right now is a 2011 with mass tech shit and 300whp. I just feel disconnected from it though and like I have no fun unless I'm breaking the law all the time. This would be literally a thousand pounds lighter than my car and fwd doesn't bother me (currently car is). Would this be a dumb thing to do? Should I just shoot for a boxster or mr2 spyder instead? I am considering NC as well but eh, just don't like the styling as much.
>>
Elans are shit. Paying 15k for one would be retarded
>>
im gonna tell you straight up, that car has not retained its value in any way whatsoever and isnt worth half of whats being asked

if you want to feel more connected ride a bicycle
>>
15k for an Elan. Holy fuck. 15k is elise money here.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the prices for MR2's are in the US but consider the spyder as a second car just for the fun. It'll be reliable for the most part. Also if FWD doesn't bother you, look at old civics like EG hatches and shit. They're quite nice.

Don't sell your daily for one of these cars though, if you buy one treat it like a secondary project car.
>>
>>17043474
Yea the price is bonkers, I was going to tell the guy that I'd offer 7k and if he didn't take it then I'd completely pass. I would LIKE an elise but I can't find shit here. Not even like 200 miles around me, cause I'd travel for it no problem or pay for delivery. I did drive a mr2 spyder and thought about buying it as a second car but I'd kinda rather have one car so that I don't have to worry about canceling insurance in winter, registering shit, ect. Just buy some winter tires and call it a day.
>>
>>17043521
A lotus or an mr2 wouldn't be very good to drive everyday I think. They have no storage space and in the case of lotus the ride is probably uncomfortable on the streets and the maintenance expensive.
Have you looked into the S2000? You can daily it just fine and provides those feels you're looking for.
>>
>>17043565
Yea, I've looked at a few but I keep running into those guys that are staunch "I know what i got" with s2ks, wanting WAY too much. I understand that they held their value incredibly well but dude your seats are torn the fuck up, the hood is chipped, yours ain't the 15k range. I don't think space is much of a thing for me, I live 5 minutes from my job and I walk to the grocery store down the road. I don't live with anyone nor do I care to, especially if they can't drive or own their own to take if we need to. No plans for children, pets, ect.
>>
Holy shit i was just going to make this thread
https://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/6091014268.html
>>
>>17043594
I'm guessing you're looking for a more recent car? Like 2000's onwards? I'm not sure what the price of Porsche Caymans is like but you should check em out too. Also, Acura Integra Type R if you can find one
>>
>>17043443
>"red car"
>no description whatsoever
>fwd
>15k
lmao no
>>17043620
would buy in a heartbeat if you have a daily already
>>
>>17043651
I really want to, but I already have a project that consumes all my time.
>>
File: 5436325643.jpg (151KB, 1409x930px) Image search: [Google]
5436325643.jpg
151KB, 1409x930px
>>17043443
>wanted to shoot nice photo
>didn't even bothered to align the horizon properly

it's basics of basics
>>
>>17043443

This is a bad deal.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.