[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/, I own a 1994 Plymouth Acclaim that I'm considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: '93-'94_Plymouth_Acclaim.jpg (268KB, 2313x1252px) Image search: [Google]
'93-'94_Plymouth_Acclaim.jpg
268KB, 2313x1252px
Hi /o/,

I own a 1994 Plymouth Acclaim that I'm considering selling. It has under 83k and used to be 64k until i started driving it. I also put new tires on it (I used to hydroplane all the fucking time and almost rolled in a snow drift with barely an inch on the ground...so i thought it would help).

major concerns:
engine keeps making crickety noises (I just had two belts replaced, not sure if third)
struts are shot (it goes haywire when i hit a manhole cover, feels like death when i hit a pothole)
driver's side door is fucked up (i backed into a pillar in a parking lot so it doesn't seal correctly)

other issues:
my windshield wipers work out of time and keep coming off their arms
speakers have gone out (only one works)
driver's side goes out 3x as quickly as passenger side (i've replaced the driver's side one at least three times, only owned for just about a year as of this month)

and probably more (both of the front axle boots are ripped, but both mechanics i went to said it wasn't too huge since they're the internal ones)

can this shitbox be salvaged? should i even attempt to sell it? or should i just bring it to a salvage yard?

pic related, it's basically my car but the less fucked up version
>>
>>17033112
nobody would want it. just scrap it.
>>
Where do you live? I'd buy it off you.
>>
>>17033112
I'd salvage it with only 83k on it shittttttt

the cricket noise is probably a pulley, replace boots when you do struts, get a new door at junk yard, speakers are easy, done
>>
>>17033143
I only spent 1500 on it, so I thought maybe attempting using it as a learner car would be best, but i'm also not too secure with repairing shit on my own. a friend of mine said he'd check out the electronic concerns but I don't have anywhere to work on the thing anyway.

>>17033133
I live in the Chicago suburbs. the midwest is hell on all cars, but it used to be a garage-only car and i always had to park it outside.
>>
K cars are garbage. A 83K is a miracle.
>>
>>17033174
it's a good POS to just rip apart and learn on man DESU, if you have a garage/drive way rip that bitch apart and learn a thing or two
>>
File: 1423109493293.jpg (360KB, 895x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1423109493293.jpg
360KB, 895x1210px
>>17033174
Just keep it. It's a good learner car. Hell, you could make it your first project car.

>>17033143
Probably this. I can't imagine the issues would be more complex than that,

Check out this forum. These people can help you a lot. If you want to modify it later, they can do that as well. The Acclaim was just Plymouth's version of the Dodge Spirit so it has potential.
http://www.turbododge.com/

>>17033181
Fuck off retard. The only K-cars to be problematic all had the 3.0L Mitsubishi V6.
>>
$1500
>>
File: 1483380602055s[1].jpg (4KB, 222x250px) Image search: [Google]
1483380602055s[1].jpg
4KB, 222x250px
>>17033174
Hey, I live in central Indiana. I'd definitely be interested in seeing some pics of it.

[email protected]
>>
>>17033233
Is that the fugitive killer Sam Hyde?
>>
>>17033316
So they say.
>>
>>17033196

what year is that dodge?
>>
>>17033196

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/6026535038.html
>>
>>17033373
1991-1992 I believe for the R/T model, but the Dodge Spirit was in production right alongside the Acclaim. Aside from the grill, the Spirit and Acclaim are interchangeable.
>>
>>17033112
any ferd with the twin turbo ecobust basically
>>
>>17033112
I used to have that car but 1991. those cars are reliable as hell
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.