[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /o/, amateur mechanic here. I just replaced my battery on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 200sx interior front.jpg (196KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
200sx interior front.jpg
196KB, 1024x768px
hey /o/, amateur mechanic here. I just replaced my battery on thursday, and figured out my alternator was bad after that. So today i replaced it,hooked up the belt just right, and my car is working fine, the alternator is charging the battery. most of my electrical stuff works, but my cabin controls arent working - No A/C or Radio (my car is base model, no power locks/window/anything). I have a 98 Nissan 200sx (B14 Sentra). Any help or suggestions would be the best, as i live in the desert and really need my A/C... Also i just put in a new deck, so id like to listen to some music lol

tl;dr no AC in my car, pls help
>>
>>17032226
>Throwing parts on it instead of doing proper diagnosis
please never wrench again.
>>
>>17032226
Clearly you fucked up your ac compressor some how
>>17032237
Shut up faggot lover
>>
>>17032237
I knew the alternator was bad, I knew i had to replace it, and i did. proper diagnoses was done. Now i have a new problem
>>
>>17032265
compressor might be it, good call.

but the blower motor isnt coming on either? also no tach and speedo, i shouldve mentioned that. they dont move when i turn on the car.

im suspecting it might be the fuses? I also did the wiring on my headunit myself (hate me), but i double and triple checked all the wires were done right.
>>
>>17032226

Make sure the a/c relay isn't loose or outright fried.

Remove the AC relay and in the relay socket, place a small jumper wire between pins 50 and 52, check the under side of the relay to verify the pinout.
>>
>>17032321
good idea. While i am most concerned about the AC, do you think that it not working has somethng to do with my radio/speedo/tach not working? i see how it could be the condenser or relay, but none of these things were fucked up before replacing my alternator or battery
>>
thinking its a fuse
>>
>>17032439
This is my though too - a few blown fuses from a monkey-level job

After what repair did it stop functioning?
>>
>>17032473
Sorry anon i stepped away. i bought and connected the new battery on thursday, in hopes that it would fix this one specific, annoying problem: when starting my car i have to pump the gas before it will idle. i knew it was electrical, but didnt really want to get my alternator out. sure enough yesterday (saturday) i took it to get the battery and alt checked and they tell me the alt is bad. up to that point i still had that starting issue, but my electronics all work. today i changed the alt and one of my radiator fans (i had to pull both to get the alt out) and suddenly my car will start fine and run but with no speedo, tach, ac, power mirrors, or radio.
>>
>>17032473
>>17033576
i agree with Benz. Go through your fuse boxes and look for whats not working, replace fuses if blown.

Don't you hate when seemingly simple repairs just break shit that you wouldn't have thought would even be effected? I feel like this would happen to me. I feel for you, anon :(
>>
>>17033576
How do you know your alternator is working? Your car can run on the battery alone for quite some time and even at a lower voltage the spark plugs and fuel pump will still go despite your dash and other electronics being completely off.
>>
>>17033576
>>17033658
do you have a voltmeter, OP? If not, I recommend you invest in one if you're going to continue wrenching on your own.
>>
>>17033712
it's on my wish list anon. i do have a buddy who has one, but the problem has been solved: I blew a 75A fusible link...controls all the in dash electronics, and i have to order it online, or invest in some lube for the service dept at Nissan to use while they fuck me
>>
>>17033658
good call anon, I am going to get it checked tomorrow morning
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.