[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://carsales.li.csnstatic.com/c arsales/car/private/cp50

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cp5042821689652518954[1].jpg (105KB, 933x700px) Image search: [Google]
cp5042821689652518954[1].jpg
105KB, 933x700px
https://carsales.li.csnstatic.com/carsales/car/private/cp5042821689652518954.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&height=700&width=1050

Is this too good to be true /o/?
A Celica with almost all new factory parts.
>>
>>17028913
What's the car sales link?
>>
>>17028913

Oops, link here:
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-Celica-1988/SSE-AD-846646/?Cr=1
>>
>>17028913
in aus as well lad and looked at this car as well, honestly tho i would say a no from me the radiator is prone to breaking, its fwd and it is severely under powered car but if you really have your heart set on a Celica from the 80s i would go for it.
>>
its just a fwd shitbox.
Sure celicas are good but only great celicas are AWD's.
If you want an FF shitbox just look at hondas.
hondas are for FF shitboxery.
Toyota, nissan, subaru and mitsubishi are for RWD and AWD godmachines.
>>
>>17029431

I just really appreciate the look and you have to pay an obscene amount more for a supra mkII. Will i regret the purchase do you think if i want to drive it fairly frequently?
>>
>>17028913

What kind of a fucking retard dumps 20k into literally one of the worst Celicas ever produced?

I mean there's a Hyundai Getz in SA that some chucklefuck has dumped 70k into, but at least the end result isn't a stock Getz.
>>
>>17029455
Honestly, the ST162 SX is a brilliant fun car. I'd personally ignore the bench racers who think the GT4 is the only worthwhile one.
It's "only" 100kW from memory, but it's more than adequate to make it a nice balanced entertaining sports car.

Having said that, near on $6k is a bit rich regardless of whether it's copped a rebuild or not. In Ausfag dollars, I'd have a hard time justifying much more than $3k on an ST162.
>>
I paid £2k for a 3SGE ST182 with 80k miles, a mint interior and zero rust.
>>
5500 is all it's worth but it's a good car go for it
>>
>>17028913

I bought a '91 T180 brand new (yeah, I'm not a young guy.)

On the plus sides:
- Looked great for the $ back then
- Reliable (see below)
- Decent handling

And the minus:
- Toyota factory paint wasn't good quality; sunlight was more damaging than other cars I've own.
- The Celica was reliable and relatively cheap to own until around 65K miles. After that, it seemed like EVERYTHING starting falling apart. Clutch, AC problems, sunroof electricals, you name it.
- The clutch itself seemed to be not long-lasting by design; it wore out rather fast. And FWIW - i have ONLY ever owned MT cars, so it wasn't like I didn't know how to drive one property.

Performance was decent, but nothing to get excited about, even when the car was new. It was sort of "peppy", but not "fast". Braking was not great, especially in wet conditions. The car was absolutely terrible in the snow.

Watch the oil levels - seriously, check it REGULARLY. If you develop any leaks or get a low oil light - pull over immediately and call a tow. Do not think "I can make it 5 more miles and it will be ok." It won't be ok. And you'll pay $2600 for a rebuilt engine. Ask me how I know. ;)

OH - on the price.It's not the sort of "classic" that deserves the price they're putting on it. I'd say $1980 AUD max.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.