[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steering feels like shit seems alright when I slightly turn the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 45778567.jpg (150KB, 968x544px) Image search: [Google]
45778567.jpg
150KB, 968x544px
Steering feels like shit
seems alright when I slightly turn the wheel
when I really gotta turn, it doesn't feel smooth and I have to put more effort into cranking the steering wheel
then I have to help the wheel return the forward position
I checked my steering fluid and the levels seem fine
when I turn the wheel and look under the hood, there is a slight squeak/whisling
It doesn't seem like anything it leaking

Anyone have issues like this? I have a 2011 crown vic interceptor
>>
>>17028438
Have you tried driving it in the sea? That's where Crownvics shine.
>>
Is the fluid really dark? Might try a fluid change.

In 2007 the P71 had a voluntary recall. Because that year they put smaller power steering units on for "fuel efficiency" and police officers noticed right away that it was harder to turn the wheel quickly. Being that you have a parts bin 2011, they might have thrown on a leftover smaller unit. There was also a 2005-2011 steering shaft recall you might want to see if it was done.

The 2006-07 voluntary recall:
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2191949

Random possible thing to look at:
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2376773
>>
Steering pump needs to be replaced.
>>
>>17028466
what color should the fluid be?

I think it looked pretty dark, but I didnt know dark color was a problem.
>>
>>17028537
You can replace it with Mecron V ATF. Some guys on the Crown Vic forum just use a turkey baster, suck out what they can , replace it and repeat a couple times.
>>
>>17028648
so keep deluding and replacing? wont that waste a lot of fresh fluid?
>>
Spray CRC all over the joints of the steering shaft.
I had this happen to me when I had a P71. The joints get dry and stiff and the steering goes to feeling like shit ant taking a lot of effort.
>>
>>17028438
That's because it's a landbarge. Have you tried driving something lighter? That hasn't been wrecked by a civil servant?
>>
>>17028438
>I have to help the wheel return the forward position
>turn the wheel...there is a slight squeak/whisling

Probably bad tie rods ends that are seizing up. Next most common for that would be ball joints seized. Least common would be the rack with an internal failure but certainly not unheard of. Going to have to get under there and start poking around to find the source of the squeaking, and check for free play, etc.
>>
>>17028665
just remove the bottom hose on the circuit, by the rack
>>
Power steering pump?
>>
>>17030731
Doesn't account for the fact that he has to return it to center himself. Power steering isn't required for that.
>>
>>17030599
Are you serious? OP is describing having trouble steering/having to give it more effort, which is the exact opposite of how it should be. Panthers have power steering overboosted to the level of a 70's Cadillac, you need one finger to turn the wheel and steering feel may as well not exist.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.