[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just realized that if you want to learn how to properly drive,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0048.jpg (56KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.jpg
56KB, 620x349px
Just realized that if you want to learn how to properly drive, especially a manual, it is necessary to watch instruction videos by Europeans. They drive manuals in heavy traffic and have stricter license requirements and therefore actually know how to drive and are better teachers than 24 year old but humble American kids who are still learning themselves.

Just a tip. I'm an American too.
>>
>I'm an American too

Uh huh. This totally isn't gonna be the half-hourly 'Americans r dum lol' thread.
>>
>>17017980
Nope just an honest observation from learning how to drive manual. The best video tutorials on YouTube are from Europeans, mostly British men who are actually driving instructors in real life. Absolutely necessary to watch
>>
>>17017963
If you want to learn to drive, manual or auto, you should probably contact an instructor. Those guys are paid to teach you to drive, and I'm sure there are instructors for every kind of specialized driving. USA is a huge fucking country, and that is one of its key strengths in pretty much everything. Got a niche interest in something that only 1 in 5 million people are interested in? If you're in Finland, a country with a bit over 5 mil people, chances are you're shit out of luck and you're alone. In the US, there'll be 60 people who share this interest, and you'll actually be able to have a community based on your interest. In my opinion tyat's a key reason to why the US is pretty cool. Whatever your thing may be, there'll surely be people who share your love for it.
T. Euro
>>
>>17018023
Yeah but the driving instructors here mostly teach 16 year old girls and betas how to drive cuck auto boxes and not manuals in heavy everyday conditions
>>
>>17017994
Can confirm. I just bought a stick. I learned from various euro videos. Still suck at starting on a hill. Tips?
>>
File: 1491606029733.jpg (55KB, 480x473px) Image search: [Google]
1491606029733.jpg
55KB, 480x473px
>>17018602
You can always use the handbrake as a crutch.

You sit with your foot on clutch and in first with HB on and when you need to go, give gas and slowly release clutch and hand brake at the same time.

That's what I learned to do from self taught.
>>
>>17018602
Let clutch out slightly past the biting point, then quickly switch from brake to gas with your right foot. Also let the clutch out slower than you normally would.
Practice a lot.
Use handbrake as a last resort if there's some cunt riding your ass and you really don't want to roll back.
>>
>>17017963
or you could just not be a faggot and learn the hard way. i learned manual before youtube, was given a dirt bike and started off riding around the neighborhood. if you need to watch an instructional video on driving a manual you almost certainly have a vagina.
>>
File: 20170412_074815-1.jpg (1MB, 4730x2660px) Image search: [Google]
20170412_074815-1.jpg
1MB, 4730x2660px
>>17018628
>>17018631
Thank you guys so much. I love manual, just only part that terrifies my during rush hour.

Last question at a stoplight/sign, do you guys shift to neutral, or keep it on clutch and first? Sorry for dumb questions. Got both answers on Google, trying to keep the stock shift as healthy as possible. I drive a mazda rx8. Pic related
>>
Why are americans so dumb? Why do /o/tists make such a fuzz about manual? It's a skill, but it's easy as fuck. You can learn how to drive manual in just a few hours if you never drove a car before.

It's like playing Wish You Were Here on the guitar, I've seen people who don't know how to play guitar playing it acceptably. It's a skill, but requires literally a few hours.
>>
>>17018659
Depends on how long I'm gonna be standing still. For short stops just keep it in gear, but for let's say a light that just turned red I'd put it in neutral.
>>
>>17018659
euro here on manual liscence.
Easy logic if you gonna need to go a second later no need for neutral if you're gonna idle for a while neutral.
Doesn't matter either way, its all how you like.
If you wanna be hyperautist about throw out bearings or whatever may mays busriders sprout keep it in gear
>>
>>17017963
Except Americans drive manual because they want to and as such care about doing it right. Yuropoors do it because they have to and if you've ever been in a car with them, most are awful at ir
>>
You should also realize that if you sperg out this hard about the trivial task of learning to drive a manual you are not normal.
>>
>>17018669
>>17018681
Thank you both for the insight, appreciate it and happy driving!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.