[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>100 mile range AT BEST >$31k msrp >electric cars are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

>100 mile range AT BEST
>$31k msrp
>electric cars are the future!!
>inb4 clinging to ONLY a 0-60 time that you can do three times before the car runs out of juice
>>
>>17016194
We at Chevron appreciate your work.
0.1 shekels has been deposited into your account.
>>
>>17016221
>nissan defence force
>cant refute it so they have to resort to petty insults
>>
Don't forget they get tax exemptions and rebates too and still can't sell.
>>
>>17016221
>he thinks plastic isn't made from oil
>he thinks mining rare minerals is better than drilling for oil
LOL.

I'm on the hydrogen fuel cell train faggot.
>>
>>17016226
Those tax exemptions are pretty much useless, have you looked into them?
>>
How often do you really drive more than 100 miles?

>inb4 some bullshit story about your commute being 200 miles uphill in the snow both ways
>>
>>17016194
its not for everyone but a large portion of cars could be replaced by electrics and their owners would not be affected at all. Its just that price has to drop.
>>
File: Johammer-J1-3.jpg (93KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Johammer-J1-3.jpg
93KB, 1200x675px
Electric crawfish are the future.

Also who drives more than 100 miles a day regularly anyway?
>>
100 miles? 160km? There was a lawsuit here in the Netherlands bec5aude a teacher bought one with the larger battery pack and could ONLY get 130 km (82 miles) by going 80 km/h behind a lorry. Without the jetstreaming he could get barely 80 km when driving at 130 km/h, our legal limit on the highway.

>court demands shitsan to buy back the car and pay for various costs
>"b-but pls, the range was only calculates with a lab test and wasn't actually tested. "

Maximum kek.
>>
>>17016528
Goddamnit, phoneposting and typos, it should say "because"
>>
>>17016501
I commute 80 km one-way daily. Still only takes about 45 minutes
>>
>>17016537
>only
I punch my card at work ten minutes after closing the front door at home.
>>
Why not just get a fucking diesel?
More power, actually normal looking cars, 8 times more range, probably even better mpg.
>>
>>17016227
How do they make hydrogen on a large scale?
>>
>>17016597
Split H2O using some sorta technology. It's really not uncommon in the industry.

The issue is storing it since it has to be compressed at extremely high pressure to turn liquid, and then you need very thick, heavy tanks in your car. When they build a hydrogen Benz A-Class concept car it turned out 300 kilos heavier than the petrol counterpart.

Also there's no refueling infrastructure to speak of, and we'll probably see hell freeze over before a practical hydrogen refueling network gets erected.
>>
>>17016608
>Split H2O using some sorta technology
Don't they use electricity to do this? Are straight electric cars more energy efficient?
>>
>>17016590
>falling for the diesel meme
they're getting banned in cities.
clean diesel was a hoax afterall.
>>
>>17016616
wait for graphene batteries.
just wait.
>>
>>17016616
>Are straight electric cars more energy efficient?
Yes, but their efficiency is outweighed by the far worse energy density and recharge time of the batteries. It takes more energy to make hydrogen, but hydrogen can store more energy than batteries in a car. The Honda Clarity has a 366 miles range while all electric cars apart from the high priced Tesla still struggle with 150 miles in real world conditions, and fuel cell cars take as long as a petrol car to refill.
>>
>>17016616
Electrolysis isn't widespread.
Most hydrogen today produced from natural gas (or other fossil fuels) via steam reforming.
1 ton of hydrogen produced = 12 tons of C02.
>>
>>17016623
If cars are banned in cities then all kinds of cars are cucked in that place. Probably huge taxes and maintenance and shit too.
Diesels arent banned here and never will since literally everyone drives diesel here.
These places are for bicycle bois.
>>
>>17016670
Because it's cheaper. But electrolysis is theoretically sustainable for a time when fossil resources become scarce or CO2 emissions become prohibitive.
>>
File: chevy bolt.jpg (199KB, 1200x1175px) Image search: [Google]
chevy bolt.jpg
199KB, 1200x1175px
to be fair, the leaf is shit, it just got there first(ish)
the real EVs will drop soon, like the bolt and model 3, most things before those have been laden with too much compromise

it's a shame the bolt is ugly as shit, desu
>>
Sasuga, here i was thinking that all the cars that have a range of over 300 miles were real. Thanks /o/ now i feel alot better.
>>
>>17016194
>insanely cheap to charge, compared to refuelling a petrol car
>cheap insurance
>cheap road tax
Granted, the buy-in cost is shit and the battery will only have 8-10 years of life so you buying used isn't really an option, but leasing one doesn't seem like a bad idea considering the low price of charging it.
>>
>>17019023
don't forget the convenience of charging at home, you don't really think about charge if you keep it topped off all the time
>>
>>17016501
100 miles AT BEST ON A HIGHWAY.

>work is 30 miles away
>60 miles round trip
>but need to drop off and grab kids from school
>5 miles out of the way
>now at 70
>need to stop by grocery store
>now at 80 miles and back on the road
>need to take kids to friends house
>6 more miles each way
>omg I didn't drive optimally the entire time
>battery light comes on
>car stops in the middle of the highway
>batteries are the future
>>
>>17019023
>insanely cheap

LOL

>.12kw/h, average price in south
>charge a model S to go 60 miles
>$2.41

>1996 civic beater
>38 mpg
>price to go 60 miles
>$2.98

OMG SO MUCH CHEAP!!!!

>$208 a YEAR in savings
>car cost over $30k
>battery replacement in 8 years will be $5k probably

TOTALLY a better deal!!!
>>
>>17016501
You'd be surprised how many people have hour long commutes to work every day. This would easily exceed the cars range unless you had a charging station at work. Even if you found one on the way home stopping to charge during rush hour would be a ballache.
>>
>>17016194
We all know the L>>17016221
eaf is shit anon, it doesn't mean the Bolt, Model 3, etc will be
>>
>>17016233
BUT ELON TOLD ME I COULD GET A TESLA FOR $27K!!!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.