[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a 1999 corolla handle power gains on an auto? I decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 44897477.jpg (87KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
44897477.jpg
87KB, 1024x768px
Can a 1999 corolla handle power gains on an auto?

I decided I want to make it a fun little canyon sleeper, but I don't know if I want to shell out and buy a used one with a manual.
>>
>>17016006
Dude..it's a fucking 1999 Corolla take it easy.
>>
>>17016006
What's the engine size Anon? Ex Toyota Technician here... Can't see why it'd be a problem...
>>
>>17016006
great cars. no auto button on the stick for the 1999 modelz. the 2004 has that feature, but u'll get buy on 2.
>>
>>17016006
also she can take a truck at 50kph. easy in the snow, she climbs up and gets stuck pretty van like.
>>
power gains? I think it is peak torque that breaks transmissions. That's how the transmissions I know are rated. Maybe if you sprayed nitrous and or had a turbocharger there could be an issue but highly unlikely.
>>
>>17016006
Your going to need a converter if you intend to raise the peak hp rpm.
>>
>>17016037
1999 Corolla's only came with one engine. The 1.8L 1ZZ-FE
>>17016006
I wouldn't chance it. Just get one with a manual, or manual swap it.
>>
>>17016006
>modding an automatic 1999 Corolla
Save your money for a better car before buying any sikk mawdz
>>
>>17016006
Power won't help you in the canyons. The Corolla has a mushy suspension and it's not just the easily swappable parts like the springs and dampers. The suspension geometry is not conducive to being made to handle well. The brakes aren't up to the job either, nor the engine mounts or the bushings. The worst part, imo, is the steering. It's too light and numb to tell you how much grip you have left, and that's crucial.

It's no good for going fast in a straight line, either. Again, suspension geometry - way too much squat and dive. You won't get the power to the ground.
>>
>>17018378
This.
A manual swap is your best bet.
>>
>>17018665

>mushy suspension
>implying its not grounded to the ground
>>
>>17016006
unless you're building le ebin drag memster power is the last thing you upgrade
>>
>>17016006
Astroturfing for a Corolla culture *this hard*
>>
>>17016006
heres a better question for this shit thread

i'm slowly overhauling my 92 prelude with the 2.2l f22a1

I have to replace the lower spark plug well o-rings and the cam shaft is right there. Anybody ever bought one of those reground cams from bisi and installed them? Theres a mild upgrade cam i could throw in and not replace much.

Or should i not bother unless i have a plan for the rest of the engine, which is stock.
>>
File: 1994 toyota camry XLE.jpg (146KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1994 toyota camry XLE.jpg
146KB, 1024x768px
>>17016006
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Racing_Development#TRD_supercharged_engine_list_.28model_year.29
>>
>>17020688
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAT_Racing_Development#WRD_supercharged_engine_list_.28model_year.29
FTFY
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.