[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usat oday.com/story/100423642

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: u72gb.png (611KB, 764x507px) Image search: [Google]
u72gb.png
611KB, 764x507px
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/100423642/

>Tesla Semi Truck to be unveiled this September
/o/ BTFO.
>>
>>17014935
But /O/ is full of bus riders and bench racers
So no not BTFO pea brain
>>
What's it gonna tow? It's own batteries?
>>
>>17014964
I guess that it will be filled with have enough batteries to reach the point of diminishing returns and elon will tell you that if you need more range just use a train that use batteries that his company made.
>>
>>17014935
>tfw no Tesla pickup

boring
>>
>>17014935
I'd be surprised if wasn't a hybrid with a range extending diesel generator.
>>
>>17014935
My dad is patiently waiting for a Tesla pickup. He's always had a thing for trucks, but he only lives maybe 2 miles from work, so although the truck is 5 years old, it has less than 40k on it. This will be perfect for him.
>>
>>17015079
Welp, you're going to be surprised then
>>
>>17015108
I can't think of any reason not to include one.
>>
>>17015079
>>17015127
Because this is fucking Tesla. Tesla have said they will never touch an ICE because they feel it's technology of the past and they're trying to be the car company of the future.
>>
>>17014935
>save the world from oil!!!!
>by brining back more mining for precious metals!!!!
>>
>>17015154
>technology of the past
>electric cars existed before ICE
LOL, Tesla marketing.
>>
>>17014988
Why would you want a Tesla pickup truck for? It'll do worse than a Ford and you already know that if you do worse than a Ford (in terms of reliability) you should just stop being a car company altogether.
>>
>>17015154
They're selling trucks to businesses and people looking to make money, not yuppies that want to impress people with their rolling appliance. If they're willing cede the share of the market that's going to have range anxiety with their battery powered semis so they care adhere to the "purity" of being an all electric company then they can wave goodbye to their inflated stock price.
>>
>>17015127
>>17015233
>casually think about something for 30 seconds
>already smarter than thousands of the brightest engineering and development minds at the fastest growing car company, which has been developing these projects for years
Holy shit, Tesla's going to be fucked if they don't see your guys posts and turn the ship around!
>>
>>17014964
spbp
>>
>>17015253
>high values companies never make catastrophic mistakes
I thought about it and you're right. After all Windows ME, Google Glass, and the Apple Newton were all rousing successes.
>>
>>17015302
Did you foresee those before they happened as well, despite have 0 clue about anything related to the field?
>>
>>17015335
The Newton is from before my time and I never had a computer with ME growing up but I could have told you Google Glass was going to flop based solely on how it fucking stupid anyone wearing it looked.
>>
>>17015253
Ian Wright, who used to work for Tesla, has already started building battery and super capacitor electric trucks and busses. They aren't for any type of line haul work, but trucks that do set runs around cities. It's gonna happen.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
BMW already has this one off that hauls parts between factories.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.