[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are cars still so expensive /o/? I thought that with industrial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1262.jpg (311KB, 1265x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1262.jpg
311KB, 1265x853px
Why are cars still so expensive /o/?

I thought that with industrial methods of mass production they would make the price go down to a couple of thousands for basic cars, but all new cars cost over 7-8k.

Why?
>>
Because of constand R&D and new thinking
>>
>>17009450
Because if it becomes cheap, there is no point in selling them anymore because cars barely sell nowadays.
Due to these low ass sales, prices are raised to keep profits up.
Then the car makers have to buy old airfields to store unsold, brand-new cars.
>>
>>17009465

not to mention profits and CEO pay. gotta make sure the 1% gets theirs
>>
>>17009477
I think new cars would sell much, much better if they were half the price
>>
>>17009450
Because they generally cost a tad more than the material prices.

Do you think the materials used in cars are cheap or something?

Go be delusional elsewhere.
>>
>>17009506
That is not totally false, French brand Dacia sells brand new vehicles for 6k merkels and they sell pretty well.
>>
>>17009450
government overregulation makes cars too expensive because companies have to comply with thousands of different laws just to sell a car

as if safety isn't enough of a selling point, government has to step in and make it more expensive by forcing companies to prove their cars are safe
>>
Modern society has made it possible for anyone working at McDonalds or better to get a car.

Just save $4k and you get a good car from craigslist or you can even lease a completely new car working even on minimum wage.
>>
You can literally buy a decent shitbox on Craigslist for less than two grand. You don't need a new car if you're poor.
>>
File: gloriousrenault.jpg (520KB, 1225x677px) Image search: [Google]
gloriousrenault.jpg
520KB, 1225x677px
>>17009450
I just came here to post more glorious Renault R5 Turbo.
I saw one in action on the Spa Francorchamps classic days, that car is a little beast.

My brother used to actually own a normal R5 which we beat to shit driving on b-roads, you could shift without using the clutch.
was an awesome little shitbox, scary on the highway though.
>>
>>17009450
Fluctuating prices for manufacturing materials, shipping costs, attrition, taxes, plant maintenance, employee compensation (especially when unions are involved), and a lot more.

When you look at the big picture it makes sense that they would cost over 10k easy. Plus since it is a business they need to make good profits to make shareholders happy.

All in all you get what you pay for. Just buy a used bare bones versa or some shit if you can't afford brand new.
>>
>>17009531
This.

I work in a steel mill that supplies mainly to the automotive industry. Full finished steel coils are expensive. Although we have contracts which make them a bit cheaper.

As an example if we have to scrap a damaged full finished coil my company loses out on selling it for about 30-40k. And all we don't even sell our shit for exterior automotive, it all becomes stamped interior parts (floorboards and the like).
>>
>>17009703
>Be in autosales
Only poor people buy brand new cars.
>>
>>17009545
https://youtu.be/85OysZ_4lp0
>>
Because they just don't make basic cars. Everything is packed full of awful value added shit that jacks up the price without actually making the product any better.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.