[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is probably the millionth thread on this board about this,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: [screams_externally].gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
[screams_externally].gif
929KB, 264x320px
This is probably the millionth thread on this board about this, but I don't know where else to go.

So, I can't take it anymore. I need to go fast. I want to start car racing. I know nothing about cars. I don't know anything about racing. I've been thinking about this for days on end, so it's past the point of just being a whim, I need to seriously look into this shit.

Where do I start? How much do I need to know about cars to start? Is my current car, a 2007 Mazda3, gonna do it for just starting out? How the fuck does car maintenance work when you're regularly going fast af in it?

I know there's driving classes you can take 'n shit, but are there any other things I should do to start off?

I'm mostly interested in starting out basic, like finding a place nearby and driving around it late at night (congested suburban areas make it difficult to find cool driving places). But how will I know when I'm ready to actually race other people?

Etc.
>>
>>17008906
Look into the nearest SCCA chapter or racing body near you and start looking into autocross.
>>
Fuck off

Alternatively kill yourself
>>
>>17008906
>How will I know when I'm ready to actually race other people?
When you can do it on a fucking track. Preferably in a secondary car so you don't fuck up your DD.
Seriously, unless the roads are completely empty don't fucking try to drive fast on them.
>>
>>17008906
Keep that Mazda stock, you'll want to have a decent car you can just use to get around day to day. Buy yourself a cheap car with solid reviews behind it and a good aftermarket, like a SN95 Mustang, or an old BMW 3 series, and just start learning everything you can about that specific car. From there, just start driving. Experience is the only way to git gud
>>
Shifter karts

They are literally tiny race cars and tracking them is dirt cheap compared to tracking a full sized car
>>
File: 1992_Ford_Mustang_GT_Fox_Body.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1992_Ford_Mustang_GT_Fox_Body.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>17008915

Nearest SCCA division is apparently three hours away. Seems like a good way to spend a weekend. As for autocross, this area doesn't seem to have anything less than a couple hours away, but there are some large, abandoned parking lots. Would the cops actually care if someone is just fucking around in a parking lot?

>>17008922

no u

>>17008929

Well duh, I didn't mean street racing. Racing on a public road sounds like a good way to kill someone.
>>
>>17009031
Parking lots are copbait. Find a tight, winding backroad and try to get through as fast as you can. Usually you can get thrills even going the speed limit.
>>
>>17008952

This sounds like good advice. I heard the Mustang GTs were great for going fast on a budget (that's what the sticky and the internet said), and I think I can get one around here for 2 or 3k. That an option, in your opinion, or are the ones you mentioned more preferred?

>>17009016

Googled this, these things are stupid looking, but awesome.
>>
>>17009055
You can race that for $20 and if your crash repairs aren't much more

Taking a mustang to a track usually costs upwards of $100 and repairs can easily eclipse that just for cosmetic shit
>>
>>17009050

Noted, thanks! Most common speed limit around here is 35. This place is so congested, almost every area is considered a 'residential' area. Single-lane roads don't help. But I'm sure there's some place.

>>17009093

That's interesting. I'll look more into these babies, seems like a fun/cheap way to race.
>>
>>17009016
This. Compared to tracking a shitbox, these things are a riot and so much cheaper to maintain.
>>
>>17008906
>but I don't know where else to go.
To hell. Go to hell.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.