[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radiator cap was cold after driving twenty miles home from work.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Radiator cap was cold after driving twenty miles home from work. Could this be normal or should I be concerned?

My car does not have a functional temp gauge.
>>
/thread
>>
>>17008287
>what did he mean by this?
>>
>>17008304
It's probably fine.
>>
>>17008309
Aight, boss.
>>
>>17008256
The plastic rad tank on my Camry cracked and overheated the engine. I was so disappointed the poor quality of the vehicle that ended in a junked engine. Camry owners check your plastic radiator tanks everytime!
>>
>>17008324
If this is op did you feel your radiator hoses or radiator? Were those hot? Are you leaking coolant? Did any lights come on? What made you drive your car, get out, touch the radiator cap and then post on 4chan asking if something is normal? Have you been doing g this everyday for the past two years and all of a sudden today it was cold? WHY ARE YOU HERE
>>
>>17008406
>WHY ARE YOU HERE
That's a Toyota engine bay. His head gasket is obviously fucked.
>>
>>17008417
Not op asking for a friend is this legit?
>>
>>17008256
Thermostat might be stuck, there might be air bubbles in your cooling system too. Try taking the cap off (cold) and running it for a bit to bleed the air out.
>>
>>17008406
I recently bought a Cadillac with no temp gauge and I know they are infamous for overheating.
>>
>>17008532
Is yours overheating?
>>
open it up
>>
>>17008552
Not entirely sure as the cluster doesn't tell you what the temp is, but there was one occasion about a month ago where the radiator felt particularly hot after I got home. I'm mainly just autistic, I think.
>>
>>17008256
>My car does not have a functional temp gauge.
>>
>>17008256
ACHTUNG
>>
>>17008580
Your radiator can get up to operating temp which is like 220 degrees so yes it's going to feel hot. If you want to be autistic find a similar make and model car and take the gauge and wiring out of that for a coolant temp sensor. Or wrap your radiator in cardboard and start driving, pretty soon you'll know what happens when your car overheats and you can be prepared the next time it does
>>
If the temp gauge is showing normal and the radiator & hoses themselves were warm then the cap itself being cold is absolutely fine.
>>
>>17008256
If the car is a toyota then your head gasket is busted
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.