[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a friend who wants to buy an affordable sports car I instantly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: woahheyguys.png (57KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
woahheyguys.png
57KB, 184x184px
Got a friend who wants to buy an affordable sports car
I instantly said, miata.
All memes aside, they're easy to work on, reliable, and plenty of aftermarket.
He drives one, loves it, says he'll get one.
One week later he tells me his brother owns an M3 shop and that his brother can get him any bmw he wants and he won't have to pay for parts.
I said, yeah that sounds great, but if you leave the city you won't have free parts anymore.
Then he said "well miatas are hard to work on and their parts are rare"
Im honestly not sure what to tell him anymore
I need your wisdom /o/
>>
tell him to get a 2nd gen trans am but his brother is just a eurocuck who wants to spread shitty driving experiences and pass them off as luxury sports.
>>
>>17007139
fucking lul
honestly that sounds pretty good considering the situation
>>
File: post first wash.jpg (2MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
post first wash.jpg
2MB, 3000x2250px
they're genuinely fantastic sports cars with a little work, but they'll still really good little things stock

pic related, muh bich
>>
File: miata na fastback2.jpg (129KB, 600x643px) Image search: [Google]
miata na fastback2.jpg
129KB, 600x643px
>>17007160
also they look really damn good with aftermarket fastback hardtops. dat profile view.

parts are cheap as shit. the biggest maintenance item you'll ever do is the timing belt replacement and a full kit for that with tons of extra replacement parts to do along the way is $200. Also that would take even a total wrench novice most of a saturday at most
>>
>>17007113
why cuck him with a shitty car when he can get a BMW
>>
File: miata na fastback4.jpg (367KB, 950x573px) Image search: [Google]
miata na fastback4.jpg
367KB, 950x573px
>>17007165
seriously. unf
>>
>>17007167
as a bimmer head, I supported him in saying yeah if you can get any bmw you want with cheap maintenance you should do it
however I pointed out its not cheap forever, and that in the long run, a miata is better
>>
An e30 or e36 is just as good an option really for the same reasons you listed as the miata. I'm not sure how profitable an "M3 shop" is going to be for his brother though. May want to broaden his options.
>>
>>17007201
I love e30s, but parts are getting harder and harder to find. e36s are not reliable. There's just no way around it. I've seen so many lemons and many of them are 36s
>>
File: bmw e36 m3.jpg (765KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
bmw e36 m3.jpg
765KB, 1200x900px
>>17007220
>e36s are not reliable
wait what?
if anything they're one of more reliable 3s ever made, the e46 was pretty bad by comparison.

i mean, replace the entire cooling system as soon as you get an e36 and it won't really trouble you that much ever
>>
>>17007238
Thankyou
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.