[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to rev your engine while stationary from time to time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Is it safe to rev your engine while stationary from time to time?

How often do you rev your engine when stationary?
>>
>>16989453
It's safe unless you redline or do it so much you overheat.
>>
>>16989453
You should never rev your engine above 3k or it will blow seals and transfestites
>>
revving whilst not in gear wears the synchos and preclutch, and stresses the flywheel manifold.
>>
>>16990030
>blow seals and transfestites
Isn't that a Canadian national sport?
>>
>>16989453
Yes.

All day erry day.

>you are now aware that idling is controlled free revving
>>
Honestly I'd say that revving to 7k in neutral is better for your engine relative to driving around at normal speeds. Having to push all that weight around adds a lot of stress and load to the engine.
>>
Not unless the Lebo next to ya at the lights tells ya to "give it a hit uleh"
>>
Why the fuck would that hurt anything?
>>
i thought some cars prevent you go past 4k if the wheels aren't moving.
>>
>>16990656
German cars do that.
>>
Driving a twin-turbo diesel truck, rev at stoplight to produce some global warming senpai
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.