[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >Spending all your capital on a depreciating status

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

>2017
>Spending all your capital on a depreciating status symbol rather than having it work for you and appreciate in a nicely diversified portfolio.

Buy a civic or something, because that is literally all you need for daily life. If you really want to splurge, spend an extra 2-3K and get a golf. Anything beyond that is an extremely stupid use of capital.
>>
>>16986920
While I agree with this sentiment, I like older cars more.
>>
>>16986920
You can say that about any hobby. Don't live outside your means, but don't live a joyless life either.
>>
>>16986920
Wtf are you on about everyone here is poor
>>
>>16986920
are all your clothes costco brand?
>>
>>16986920
I'm really interested in "having my money work for me" but I don't know how where to start.

Could you please share some good areas to put money into? The only thing that I can think of which is a relatively safe "investment" is putting it into a high interest savings account. Though obviously that won't yield as much returns as an investment in stocks might.

Also, how much of your monthly income do you put towards investments?

These types of threads have good potential but they lack direction. If you want us rethink our money, you gotta give us something more than just "wake up!!!".
>>
>>16987532
>Could you please share some good areas to put money into?
I've had good luck picking stocks, but it's mostly that: luck. A good option to look at are index funds. You'd still be tracking the market, but without the volatility that comes with investing in a single company or sector. Any sort of savings account, money market account, etc. isn't going to do much for you in terms of a return (although they're very safe options).

>>16987532
>Also, how much of your monthly income do you put towards investments?
I put 25% into my 401k until it maxes out for the year. Beyond retirement stuff, it depends on what my budget looks like that month. I use mostly use etrade for that, so it's easy to move money around when I want to.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 634x908px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 634x908px
>>16986920
>use of capital

Fuck off you control freak Marxist. It's none of your damn business what I do with my das capital. I'll make more and spend more and repeat. And you'll be lucky to get any of it (even though you will benefit from the supply side impact of my capital utilization) so you can enjoy your little proletariat car fantasy where everyone drives a similar shitbox unless then can justify a slightly higher utilitarian shitbox.
>>
>>16990106
>someone recommends to amass capital
>calls him a Marxist
You'd feel more at home in /pol/ with other mentally challenged teenagers.
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 1280x1273px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 1280x1273px
>>16990113
>>>16990106 (You) #
>>someone recommends to amass capital
>>calls him a Marxist
>You'd feel more at home in /pol/ with other mentally challenged teenapers

Do you want to compare diversified portfolios?
>>
>>16990123
I want you to fuck off to your edgy kindergarten, bubbaleh.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 1000x682px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 1000x682px
>>16990132
You mean my office overlooking the trading desks?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.