[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I might have the opportunity to get '03 F-250 6.0 Diesel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: cap1.jpg (2MB, 2053x1362px) Image search: [Google]
cap1.jpg
2MB, 2053x1362px
So I might have the opportunity to get '03 F-250 6.0 Diesel for cheap or free. I know there's a lot of issues with the 6.0 but this would be a temporary vehicle for me and it only has 36k miles on it. I would use it for probably a year at the most before selling it for something else. Would it be worth it dealing with the 6.0 for at most a year?
Pic very related
>>
Why are you bothering to ask. You already know it's a good deal.
>>
>>16985807
>cheap or free
>36k miles
>runs
Pretty much this >>16987384
>>
>>16987384
As long as he has stock in a engine coolant company .
>>
>>16985807
If you spend the money to get the 6.0 bullet proofed its actually a decent motor. Of you're getting the truck for free anyway, spend the 5 grand or so on that and then you've got a pretty badass diesel with low miles for cheap as fuck.
>>
There is literally no way to make an early 6.0 worthwhile. You'll spend way more in bulletproofing at a diesel shop than just buying an LBZ or early 00s Cummins. The 06/07 are pretty good if you don't do some retard brotune, and most people actually don't know that, they just know 6.0s don't sell because they're generally shit, so you can get a good deal still.

That said, half of the reported problems are from dipshits who put a 100hp+ tune on it and get butthurt when they blow it up. Stock, it only needs some minor modifications and some gauges to monitor temps.
>>
>>16987438
Mileage is one thing, engine hours are quite another. Seeing as its an ex fleet truck is probably has a fuck load. Or they drove the shit out of it with a cold engine if it was a response vehicle. Either way it should have some life left but I don't know if I'd dump a bunch into it.
>>
>>16987468
The pick up trucks and tahoes are usually just for the fire chiefs to ride around in and look like they're doing something important.
>>
>>16987468
Its a diesel, it'll be fine.
>>
>>16987538
You have no fucking clue of the issues of the 6.0, get the fuck out of this thread cuck.
>>
Gonna piggy back this thread.
I got two of my dream cars for sale right now.
>1995 540i 6spd - 1.2k bucks
The guy was just asking 6k but he lowered it because driver door has no resistance in opening closing, window regulators are failing, developed a small oil leak. This car visually is in immaculate condition and has 116k miles. He has all the records. He says he still dailys it and said the price decrease is the estimate for all the fixes.

>1999 540i wagon M-sport - 5.5k
The dude replaced everything including timing chain guides. He is the original owner. All records and 141k on the clock. A few dings here and there.

Wat do?
>>
>>16987455
Lolno, ignore this faggot.

You'd be right if he wasn't getting the truck for almost nothing.
>>
>>16987541
No u
>>
>>16987547

It doesn't matter if it's for almost nothing, you have to get rid of a worthless pile of shit if it blows up, which it will, and probably already has 5 times before. Kys fucking loser.
>>
>>16987545
>Gonna piggy back this thread.
>completely unrelated vehicles
Start a new thread.
>>
>>16987564
Stay mad cuck
>>
File: 1-91_n_Chief_s_truck1.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1-91_n_Chief_s_truck1.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>16985807
Is that the truck you're looking at? Do you have access to service records or the people who maintained it? You will need a wiring diagram as well.

As an owner of a former service vehicle beware of electrical gremlins. They will pop up in a vehicle like that, and unless the upfitter was a respectable one and labeled EACH AND EVERY wire prepare for a world of hurt trying to track everything down. Even if they did it will be a major headache at the least.

Don't want to talk you out of it but just beware the 6.0 won't be your only problem...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.