[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to remove the plastic engine cover since it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
I would like to remove the plastic engine cover since it's ugly as fuck and mine is like 10lbs.
>Will I damage anything by removing it in the long run? Hood, plastic parts around the engine, anything?
>Why is it there anyway? Just to "look nice" or is there a practical side to it?
>>
File: wp_ss_20160620_0001.png (420KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160620_0001.png
420KB, 480x800px
>>16985315
>10lbs.
>>
>maxresdefault
>toyota logo
>lowest stakes premise ever
sage
>>
>>16985321
I'm not joking. I weighed it. Shit's mad heavy with some kind of foam under the cover.
>>16985323
I've seen plenty of hoods damaged by extensive heat. The paint isn't unkillable. Better ask then having to repaint the whole thing.
>>
you'll be fine if you take it off and toss it in the trash it's a fuckin piece of plastic.
and yes they put it there to cover the mess of shit underneath
>>
>>16985315
Learn to greentext correctly then come back
>>
Removed mine from my G37 and have been driving it like that for 2 years now. No problems at all
>>
>>16985345
>I've seen plenty of hoods damaged by extensive heat.
liar
>>
>>16985498
He probably is lying but on certain engines like reverse flow heads with turbos in the valley they serve their purpose
>>
>>16985315
100% there just to look nice you bait thread starting cunt.

Its so engine builders can be lazy and just route pipes and shit all over the fuckin place
>>
>>16985345
Fibreglass hoods maybe, or cheap rattle can spray jobs. A real paint job will be fine for the life of the paint (7-12 years) if driven daily.
>>
>>16985315
>Will I damage anything
I've seen more than one old car hood have that "heat soak" clear coat damage in arizona. So if you live in a hot climate, the surge of engine heat on your paint will be pretty strong in the summer.
>>
>>16988073
That torana is really fucking gay tho
>>
File: 1487992362669.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487992362669.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>16990000

Cant argue with those digits
>>
>>16988081
>life of the paint
>7-12 years
wut
>>
>>16990017
american paintjob*
european paintjobs are way better in quality so they would last longer
>>
>>16988081
>If driven daily
Why would that matter?
>>
>>16985315
Aerodynamics, sound insulation, heat insulation, and to prevent you fucking with the engine.
>>
>>16990034
Not when Ahmed does it
>>
All those covers do is help deaden the noise of a loud engine and make them look better.

Ditch the bitch
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.