[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Alfa Romeo? I'm looking to pick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 75-3-3200[1].jpg (126KB, 1052x700px) Image search: [Google]
75-3-3200[1].jpg
126KB, 1052x700px
What are your thoughts on Alfa Romeo? I'm looking to pick up either a 159 or a GT fairly soon. Would this be a good idea?
>>
>>16983105
They are not bad, but finding one which won't require some major servicing might be hard. Most likely you will have to do something suspension related. If you do decide to get one, get a diesel, as they are far more reliable,that is, if you can't afford getting 3.2 liter petrol version. Also rule of thumb, if you do buy one you better have good spare budget just in case. Something like half of car price in case of GT and in case of 159 probably 1/3 or 1/4 of car price for maintenance. Generally my Alfa has never left me on the road thou I did have some EGR issues during winter... but spending 50$ on new EGR valve (old one was regenerated once and metal was simply burned, so had to change it) fixed issue. Mostly quite reliable but small things might come up. Fantastic to drive, every time I'm driving I notice myself smiling a bit. Cornering is fun. Oh and if you consider GT get Q2 version, the Q2 differential makes huge difference.
>>
>GM
Not even once
>>
They are unreliable shit. Only admired by autistic fanboys and FCA shills. Do not buy.
>>
Boring uninspired FWD cuck mobiles, why bother?
If you want an FWD econobox at least get a reliable one like a Corolla or civic.
>>
>>16983183
Not true. I suggest anyone saying that shit to drive it once and then formulate opinion. Honestly my choice was based on few factors, my alternatives were Honda Civic VIII, Volvo C30, VW Golf and Alfa 147, went with Alfa because of value for money, honestly you can't get more better equipped car for that money and driving experience is fantastic, thou surprisingly Honda wasn't bad.
>>16983182
It's actually FCA, and yes C part in FCA sucks but Fiat part is not bad at all, at least in Europe Tipo is actually quite good just as an example.
>>
>>16983211
>FCA
>GM platform
>GM engine
no
>>
>>16983285
Be more specific next time. And while it is partially true, it's not the whole truth. By engine I presume you mean diesel engine, surprise it was actually GM who got it from Fiat as a compensation for failed merger.
Also GT uses platform derived from Alfa 156, which was derived from Fiat Tipo, so it's quite modified version of that platform.
So please do elaborate more...
>>
>>16983351
The 159 use the GM/Fiat premium platform and GM derived engines (ecotec l61, GM high feature)
>>
>>16983384
Yeah, the premium platform is fine. Petrol engines on the other hand are shit, thou the 3.2L version is ok. That is talking about 159. Funnily that platform hasn't been used on a single GM car except for GM concept Opel Insignia.
>>
3.2 busso is a powerful nice sounding engine, but needs regular belt replacement to avoid catastrophic failure.

GT is a fairly quick car, with a comfy interior, unfortunately it is fwd
>>
>>16983203
You make the "spot the amerifat" game too easy.
>>
>>16983183
It's THE car for enthusiasts you boring Toyota-boy
>>
File: Ramaciottee2.gif (2MB, 370x256px) Image search: [Google]
Ramaciottee2.gif
2MB, 370x256px
>>16983384
That's not all the truth.

The only GM derived engines are these piece of shit NA petrol and the V6 which is better but still meh.

The diesels are all reliable VM motori multijet engines and the only decent petrol engine is the 1750 tbi turbo which is an amazing engine on the 159 because it equips the last model year which is better built and considerably lighter than the older MY, so it's the best choice for the car.

The GT is a different car and never had any GM derived engine, they're all Alfa Romeo JTS engines plus the 3.2 V6 Busso and of course the multijet diesels.
>>
>>16983203
>Boring uninspired FWD cuck mobiles
>uninspired
>UNINSIPRED

Wash your fucking mouth before talking like this about Alfa Romeo you fucking monkey.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.