[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RAGE STORIES /o/ edition I'm an American living in Greece,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: rage1.jpg (39KB, 341x204px) Image search: [Google]
rage1.jpg
39KB, 341x204px
RAGE STORIES /o/ edition
I'm an American living in Greece, and I got rear-ended by an old man in a Mercedes while I was paying at a toll booth on the freeway.

My car was stationary.

Accident was witnessed by toll booth attendant, it was on camera, I had a receipt from toll booth with the time on it, and a cop was there.

I tried to be friendly but he refused to shake my hand or talk about what happened. He asked if my father was Greek (he is) and demanded to talk to him.

I asked for his insurance info, but he refused.

I went to the cop who was parked 50 feet away.

The cop said he didn't see anything, the he went and talked to the old man.

Cop comes back and asks why I won't let the old man talk to my father.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK???

Cop tells me to call my dad (who lives in the US) and let the old man talk to him.

Old man apologizes to my father, but not me.

My father tells me just to drop it. The man is over 65 years old. By Greek law he'll have to take an eye/medical exam to see if he's too old to drive and probably loose his license if he's held responsible, so the authorities probably just won't hold him responsible.

Sure as shit, the cop let the man go while I was on the phone with my dad.

I ask him WTF? He said the man was too proud to apologize to me, so he apologized to my father aaaaaand... justice is served.. so that settles it!!! Now get the fuck out of here.

All I had was his license plate number. I tried reporting it, but it didn't go anywhere.
>>
>>16982471
Lol third world bullshit.
It's ok. I'm American with Greek family too so I have plenty of experience with stupid bullshit.
>>
>>16982475

It just makes my blood boil, but I kind of understand because most Greek men my age (fucking 30) don't have jobs and still live with their parents, so the cop decided to "let the adults handle it."
>>
Wow, what a shithole lmao
>>
Just nuke Greece at this point.
>>
>>16982471
>I'm an American living in Greece
>The cop said he didn't see anything, the he went and talked to the old man.
Greece is highly corrupt. As you should have known from the 1990's onwards. Even Bourdain in two separate video shows proved that. Greece's government is full of corruption where even individual office staff have their own little profit-making empires.

Greece's corruption has wasted a lot of EU prosperity. And as part of the EU, they admitted a ton of refugees (weak link in the chain) and then let them migrate all over the EU.
>>
>>16982471
I would get this story if the old man paid you compensation. Usually (always) when someone begs you not to call the police or take them to court, they pay you and you both go on with your day. If I would hit someone and dent his bodywork I'd rather pay him one or two hundred dollars than to have a bunch of legal procedures and get raped by my insurance.
>>
>>16982745
>let them migrate all over the EU
You know Greece is bad when the immigrants don't even want to live there.
>>
>>16983144
>I would get this story if the old man paid you compensation.
You don't understand. Endemic corruption exists all over the country to the point the police attitudes are lax unless they are on camera or they know there is an inspection coming.
>>
>>16982628
>Just nuke Greece at this point.
All those greedy corrupt people created that situation. Bailing them out is basically letting those corrupt people get away with it. It's just like OP's story of how the rule of law doesn't work there. Despite the accident happening right in front of multiple government people, OP gets nothing.

Greeks get or buy friends in the government and suddenly they either don't pay taxes or their bribes/fees allow them to evade oversight tracking of earnings. The earnings are then salted away outside the country into external bank accounts. It's great for "neutral" countries like Switzerland to hide illegal monies since those lay fallow and if criminals die, which often happens, the swiss state can happily seize it after a period of time.
>>
>>16983191
>the immigrants don't even want to live there.
It's much harder to import a car than it is to import an immigrant (legal or not). Is that the flipside?

The other EU countries have large government-funded social welfare programs. People who have chronic medical illness also go to those countries to use up the free medical care. Immigrants who have no savings for their old age also go to EU countries in order to have retirement costs covered by social welfare. All those things happen with immigrants to the USA as well.
>>
File: 170.gif (499KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
170.gif
499KB, 500x335px
>be me
>going to my job at 5am
>i drive 20 min to commuter lot
>then take bus from lot into city
>trying to catch 5:30am bus
>taking exit into town with commuter lot at 5:27
>i can still make it
>about to turn onto small winding road down to commuter lot
>at last second get stuck behind this really slow CRV
>i usually hoon the shit out of this street because it's very twisty
>the CRV driver is afraid of the turns
>takes the whole road at like 15mph
>5:28
>he finally gets to the lot entrance
>there's a card swipe to open the gate
>he just stops like 12ft in front of it and fucking sits there
>i give him 5 seconds before ripping around him and scanning my card
>i haul ass to my parking spot
>look at clock
>5:30
>the bus will leave before I can make the 30 second walk to the depot from my parking spot
>had to sit for half an hour for the 6am bus
>mfw
>>
File: Untitled (5).png (46KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (5).png
46KB, 200x200px
>>16982471
>>
Live in america
Race with the local cops
>>
>>16982471
Yeah I'm American

>beautiful day
>in my 300zx ttops off
>pull into fast food line
>toyota tundra truck in front of me
>tundra suddenly puts it in reverse and accelerates briskly
>backs up onto my hood
His rear bumper was as far back as my windshield almost
>short black guy jumps out
>yells "yo man why you hit me?"
I'm dumbfounded. He keeps yelling, I call cops
>cop gets there, he immediately runs over and starts telling his story
>OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE another black guy comes running over and corroborates his story
>cop asks me my story, tell him, he says it's 2 against 1 but goes to talk with witness
>comes back to me, says the guy is full of shit
THE TRUCK IS ATOP MY FUCKING CAR how could I have rear ended him with that result?
>cop says both no fault, asks guy to drive off my car
>he does, no problem, no damage for him
>my suspension is fucked, my front bumper cracked and there's a 6 inch gash going up my hood

And that fucker called my insurance company and got a payout for something, I don't know what. Pretty sure it was a setup. The surveillance cameras happened to "not be working" that day
>>
>>16986663
See
>>16986277
>>
ITT: reasons to buy a dashcam
>>
>>16986663
You showed your dashcam footage. The cop sides with your dashcam footage as the witness. You win.

Your insurance company paid out because it was cheaper to get him to sign a "quit claim". If he filed a discrimination case, it would not only add another accusation statistic, but cost the insurance company more money than just paying him off. The problem with anti-discrimination laws is that the burden of proof to file a case is far far less than the burden of proof to win the case. That's why many people who know they would lose a court case will try to file a case anyways in hopes of "greenmail" payouts. You say why would they spend the money, but the federal government often handles the case costs if successfully filed as meeting federal anti-discrimination law requirements to file a case.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.