[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ looking to buy a cheap manual pick up truck. Mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 00L0L_bUU3PXxFnUa_1200x900.jpg (201KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00L0L_bUU3PXxFnUa_1200x900.jpg
201KB, 1200x900px
Hey /o/ looking to buy a cheap manual pick up truck. Mostly in to haul my bike around and ocassionaly to haul construction stuff. I was looking at this Chevrolet 1500 1993 with 85k miles. V6 engine manual. 3400 dollaroos. Good deal? Price too high?
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/6079582580.html
>>
Looks decent to me, but I'm not familiar with the market in your area. I'm a buyer for a dealer and I appraise trades, though I'm in the northeast and anything without rust brings a huge premium, especially trucks, so I can see that particular one bringing 2000 at a wholesale auction and retailing for 4500+, more if it was automatic though, but if you want manual I say go for it
>>
>>16980821
Yeah I want a manual because more fun to drive. It's in Cali so no rust hopefully. Thanks for the input!
>>
>>16980867
Looks super clean from the pictures, from the ad it looks like it's a dealer so I'd just go out there and offer him $2000 and see what he counters with, though at $3400 it's still a good deal imo
>>
Seems pretty good, but if I were you I would go with either v8 or extended cab, or both. I had a 98 k1500 auto 4x4 5.7 v8 at one point. It was my baby until I sold it to my dad. Extended cab for things you want dry and 4x4 for anything out of reach.
>>
Try to find a 5.7. The six cylinder and 5.0 are fucking anemic.

Its a good truck but expect being a road hazard trying to get on the freeway.

>t. own a 96 5.7 z71.
>>
>>16982659
>93

Scratch that. All the motors are anemic before 96. Do it OP. Those trucks are nearly bulletproof. You can throw a rod and they will still drive no problem.
>>
>>16982659
>The six cylinder and 5.0 are fucking anemic.
>>16982665
>All the motors are anemic before 96
What did he mean by this.
>>
>>16982712
Those TBIs are gutless
>>
Those trucks turned me from a hardcore ford fan to a chevy truck owner for life. I had a 91 that had 300k miles on it, a blown rear end, shredded 1st gear, and it ran on only 6 cylinders, 90% of the time and never once left me stranded. That truck was the biggest heap of shit ever, but it would not fucking die. I eventually replaced the motor, trans, and the rear end then had it till it had 450k on it and it got stolen by fucking spics.

If you get that truck, get the plates that go under the door knob cover so they cant unlock your shit wirh a flathead in 5 seconds.
>>
4.3 Vortec is a solid as fuck engine. You will not regret buying this.
>>
>>16982748
Its a 93. Its not a vortec. Its just TBI
>>
File: 1488233432664.jpg (63KB, 736x410px) Image search: [Google]
1488233432664.jpg
63KB, 736x410px
>>16982739
>truck brand fanboy
Lowest forrns of life desu. Pic somewhat related
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.