[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the continuously variable transmission bad? CVT is definitely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1382392388567.jpg (60KB, 580x348px) Image search: [Google]
1382392388567.jpg
60KB, 580x348px
Why is the continuously variable transmission bad? CVT is definitely the smoothest ride.
>>
>can't handle as much power
>some retarded companies make it act like an automatic and defeat the whole purpose of CVT
>revs up the engine all the way when it's cold
>>
>>16974182
>revs up engine all the way when it's cold
I cringed really good and hard when I got in my friends Nissan Rogue, it's 0 degrees outside, and he pulls out of his driveway and goes down the street, shit's holding at 2.5-3k RPM
>>
>>16974169
its a moving belt, more moving parts means higher failure chance

it seems only honda and toyota have made adequate ones that can last 130k+ miles where Nissan shits the bed as low as 50k miles.

>>16974182
>>can't handle as much power
it can handle the same power as normal, they're used primarily in econoboxes so it doesn't matter
>make it act like an automatic
so it stays in their powerband I guess. Surveys revealed from market data suggested people didn't like the way they sounded because it didn't sound like they were accelerating.

>revs the engine when its cold
no they don't, stop holding your foot on the pedal
>>
>>16974210
Also the nonsense about "shift shock" was overblown as fuck.

>>16974192
2.5-3k sounds normal thats not "revs the engine all the way up"
>>
>>16974216
I dunno. I just think about all the dry metal parts, then again modern cars use insanely thin oil so...

I just don't like it ok?!
g-geez!
>>
>>16974192
>shit's holding at 2.5-3k RPM
That's what I rev at in my manual Honda. I cruise at around 2.5k usually. When I get over 3k and I know I'm going to be continuing at that speed, I will shift unless I am performing a maneuver that requires torque.
>>
>>16974221
>I just think about all the dry metal parts, then again modern cars use insanely thin oil so...
CVT's do have transmission fluid, they're not like snowmobiles in that they are dry metal
>>
>>16974182
>Suzuki takes Nissan CVT, puts it in their best econobox ever (SX4)
>gives it "manual" mode with 6 fixed ratios you can select from like a DSG, it's even super quick, lets you revmatch and doesn't lock you out of gears
>Shit-tier Nissan CVT pulleys get grooves worn into them from the belt if you stay in a gear too long
>cue horrible squeaking and transmission juddering in either shift mode as the belt skips over the grooves in normal operation

Fucking loved my SX4. I should have bought the manual.
thanks Nissan, you fucking cocksuckers.
>>
>>16974257
Why would you buy a nissan? Whenever I see a nissan, I automatically can tell it's driven by a woman or a child. Literally no normal adult drives a nissan.
>>
>>16974273
Pre 07 Nissan were great, it's only when they started getting rid of their automatic transmission and manual options and started making everything a fucking CVT in like 08+ did everything start to shit the bed. People constantly having reliability issues and their general quality dropped in other areas too but unlike GM and Chrysler, Nissan isn't doing recalls on their garage CVT that shits the bed so often
>>
>>16974299
In Japanese culture, recalls are considered shameful and are punishable by Giuseppe,
>>
>>16974169
What's the name of OP's meme? I've been searching for info on it for ages and I've never found anything.
>>
>>16974273
I didn't, it was a '11 Suzuki SX4. The CVT models had transmissions from Nissan and they are all fucked now. The MT models are comparatively invincible.

The fix was full transmission replacement, and the service department basically told me never to use the manual mode or it would happen again. The car barely got 35,000 miles on it before it sounded like rusty songbirds had taken residence in my undercarriage with every shift.
>>
>>16974357
For me, girls get wet when I grind the gears. I like to pick up a hot slut and seat her in my car. I say to her "let me give you a lift, babe" and she says okay so I accelerate and shift without using the clutch. The car emits a deafening screeching noise.

>what was that, anon?

"I just THREW IT IN GEAR, that's all, babe."

I have fucked an immeasurable quantity of bitches in this manner.
>>
Let's speed up from 60 to 65 in a CVT:

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH at 9k rpm the whole time
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.