[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are suvs so popular? They are essentially a mix of a hatchback

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: kia-all-new-sportage-512x288-19.png (157KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
kia-all-new-sportage-512x288-19.png
157KB, 512x288px
Why are suvs so popular? They are essentially a mix of a hatchback and an offroad car, but they have none of the advantages of either but all of the disadvantages of both of them. Literally pointless
>>
>>16965320
>high seating position
>meme wheel drive
that's literally all they care about.
>>
>>16965326
>implying high seats is a bad thing

How do you see when you're so close to the ground?
>>
>>16965350
With your eyes
>>
>>16965320
I drive one because I'm too tall to fit comfortably into most regular cars, and the one I drive has a similar footprint to a sedan
>>
That's a crossover, not an SUV. Ye olde SUVs actually had truck frames, proper 4x4, etc.
>>
>>16965320
Because people think they are better to be driving over speed bumps and pot holes, park on the sidewalk and stuff like that.
>>
most people just see them as big cars

some people want bigger cars but not too big
>>
File: Dreams_640405_6157808.jpg (44KB, 549x604px) Image search: [Google]
Dreams_640405_6157808.jpg
44KB, 549x604px
Back in the day you pretty much didn't have the middle ground of the crossover. You had your normal low-sitting sedan/wagon where only a very few were found with AWD (and fewer with a system that actually worked) like the Toyota Corolla, Subaru Legacy and the likes, and then you had rough SUV's like the Toyota LandCruiser, Nissan Patrol, Daihatsu Rocky and the likes of those.

The people who bought the small SUV's of that time were the ones who needed/felt like they needed the offroad capabilities they offered, but also wanted something cheap and small. As time went on the tires got better, technology improved, and with the crossover becoming a thing the small SUV disappeared as the customer base now moved onto the crossovers as they now offered a more comfortable car that wasn't too big, but still had a functioning AWD system and a tall enough ride to fill their needs for offroad/bad road capability

The problem with crossovers is not what they are, but the way they are marketed and the people who buy them. I'd be willing to wager that 95% of crossover buyers have no actual need of the slightly taller ground clearance and AWD, but this is what they want.

You see the ads and commercials for crossovers where they are always driving on nice, fresh pavement, inside urban environments and maybe even the finest gravel road I've ever seen. They are marketed as city vehicles, and thats the essential problem; people who have no need for the type of vehicle, but still buy it.
>>
File: ravlead.jpg (46KB, 600x450px)
ravlead.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
>>16965320
Crossovers are the best
>>
Crossovers are popular because Americans are getting so fat they need a v6 to haul their fat ass kids.
>>
>>16967119

You Australians/British shouldn't be talking... You're all fat as fuck too.
>>
>>16965320

size and height matters
>>
They're a fine compromise. I'm only triggered by retards who buy one to ride in the city. Waiting half an hour for a mother-hen to clumsily park her 2m wide tank isn't fun.
>>
>>16967129
Fun fact: fat people are NOT British. They're automatically amerikeks
>>
>>16965320
fashion and costly status symbol for vapid idiots

an SUV, or even a crossover, would actually be pretty useful for me - I don't offroad but I drive out in the countryside with a lot of hilly terrain and fords to cross. can't justify the cost though when i live in a town so I'm just gonna drive my old weak corsa shitbox out there and rev it up steep gradients
>>
>>16965633

My first car was that model...

Gimme
>>
>>16967660
I plan on buying one soon.
Just waiting for the right one.
Considering mk2 as well. More power is good.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.