[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It cost me $25 to get an oil change at NTB. But somehow it cost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1637.png (16KB, 526x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1637.png
16KB, 526x375px
It cost me $25 to get an oil change at NTB. But somehow it cost me over $40 to buy 5 quarts of oil and an oil filter.
What am I doing wrong here? I want to do it myself but it's so much cheaper to have someone else do it.
>>
Means they're using shitty oil and filter
>>
>>16959931
Doing it yourself is not more expensive.
>buy high quality oil for <30 bucks on sale
>buy filter for <10 bucks
>one time expense to buy ramps and a drain pan
>peace of mind that it was done right
>>
>>16959942
But is it worth it?
>>
>>16960039
Depends how much you like your car
>>
1. Bulk, cheap oil
2. Bulk, cheap filters
3. Almost zero billable hours because lol impact gun
4. They make their money off other stuff
>>
>>16959931
5qt Mobil super high mileage (synblend) is $15 and fram ultra is $7 at walmart.

There is also a bunch of other synblends under $20 that one is just the cheapest.
>>
>>16959948
how do you get rid of the used oil? asking for a friend.
>>
>>16961500
Sink. Driveway. Street drains. Dirt.
>>
>>16961500
You can take it to an auto parts store like O-Reilly or AutoZone and they'll have a large metal container for hazardous waste such as oil, coolant, etc. Hell, if you have anything that's not car-related that you need to get rid of, but can't pour down a drain, take it there in a container that's not transparent and they'll never know. In my experience, I always have to pour it out myself anyway (they probably aren't allowed to handle anything that people bring in for liability reasons).
>>
>>16961522
Don't do this shit. Throw it out the street.
Who fucking cares it's what it's there for.
>>
>>16961538
t. nigger
>>
File: $_3.jpg (105KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
105KB, 800x800px
>>16959948
How are ramps like these quality wise?
>>
>>16961538
>Throw it out the street.
>Who fucking cares it's what it's there for.

Pouring oil down the drain backfired for some people this past winter. In the cold, the soaps and detergents form sludge with the oil and enough finally built up in a neighborhood's sewer drain that several houses got flooded by waste water. When reaming the main sewer out, the city discovered it was full of detergent plus oil sludge. But they didn't trace oil dumping to any particular houses.
>>
>>16959931
We've got store brand oil (rebranded valvoline) plus a filter in sale for 19.99 at advance.
>>
I get 5+1 quarts of mobile1 for like 40 blocks and an OEM filter.
I just pop one wheel of my truck up on the curb, drain it, pop the new filter on by hand because I'm a man, and fill it back up. Takes me less time then to drive to have it done and done right with good quality replacements
>>
>>16963101
You think I do it in my own neighborhood?
I drive down to the undesirable part of town and pour that shit there. I go at 10am. They don't have jobs, they won't be awake to see me do this.
Pour it down sinks during open-house events.
I cannot be bothered to go to some Vatozone and give them my containers.
They flex, never break. I know they switch it out with their cheap containers.
So again, none of my concern.
Throw it out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.