[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, hopefully you guys can help me. I have a 95 318I automatic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: gallery-1464187885-m32.jpg (34KB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-1464187885-m32.jpg
34KB, 768x384px
Hey /o/, hopefully you guys can help me. I have a 95 318I automatic and for the last few days there's been a couple things going wrong. The other day while pulling into a parking lot I heard a loud thunk noise that sounded like it came from the right tire. Since then it feels like it's rubbing on the wheel well but I checked and it's not, it also makes the thunk noise right on startup. Anyone have an idea? My throttle position sensor is fucked if that makes any difference.
>>
Bump for halp
>>
>>16949372
Check your wheel hub and control arm
>>
something wrong with your automatic tranny, swap in manuel
>>
>>16949499
I just put it up on a Jack and check for play in the wheel right? Haven't really screwed with suspension before.
>>
Which right tire - rear or front? And the sound comes as soon as you start the engine, not when you first start moving?
>>
>>16949372
>buying an e36
>buying an automatic
>buying the small engine
Kill yourself
>>
>>16949510
Front right. The thunk happens on startup and then grinding happens when driving and turning right
>>
>>16949505
Yeah and take your wheel off and check everything for visible damage
>>
>>16949538
Bought it when I was 17 and didn't know shit. Sorry it isn't ricer enough for you.
>>
File: 1484160031866.jpg (12KB, 251x209px) Image search: [Google]
1484160031866.jpg
12KB, 251x209px
>>16949539
Hm... its not the best diagnosis one can offer, but generally the only thing that is linked between the engine turning on and the front assemblies on a car like that is the steering - I'd wager a guess that the steering arm on that side has broken/completely worn out its bushing(s)
>>
>>16949550
Ok. Thanks man.
>>
>>16949558
Is that something that can be inspected without taking things apart?
>>
>>16949539
if it happens when you're turning then it's probably steering related
>>
>>16949579
Yup - jack it up, secure it properly and then just "feel" the individual parts by rattling, pulling and so on. My guess is that the related part will feel very loose and rattly
>>
>>16949579
All you really gotta do to check is get the car up and get the wheel off
>>
>>16949590
Cool. I was worried that the noise at startup was the tranny. I appreciate it.
>>
File: img080-1.jpg (450KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
img080-1.jpg
450KB, 1024x576px
Just came here to post this photo that the OP reminded me of.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.