[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the new beetle looks like absolute feminine gay shit compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

the new beetle looks like absolute feminine gay shit compared to the old classic ones. Like old grandma mobile, what did cars do to deserve this modern shite look they all get these day?
>>
>>16941549
Its almost like there marketed to girls.
>>
>>16941582
They're***
>>
File: file.png (618KB, 800x399px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
618KB, 800x399px
Personally, I like the nu new beetle more than the original new beetle. Obviously the original ones look best, especially as baja bugs, but it's a step in the right direction at least
>>
i think the newer beetles look pretty good compared to the ones from the early 2000s
bit feminine but i wouldn't really mind if i had to drive one
t. big manly bear
>>
File: vw-beetle-12.jpg (844KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vw-beetle-12.jpg
844KB, 1600x1200px
>>16941549
yeah Beetles were known for being masculine vehicles in the past and have never had a large female fanbase

the current Beetle looks great anyway
>>
>>16941549
I actually had an '01 new beetle. The dome provided a super roomy front seat with a hilariously long dash for all my MLP figurines (pic related), but the back seat might as well have not been there, if you were over 5'5 the curved hatch will prevent you from sitting up straight, and I've gotten it to the head a few dozen times. Overall, a super peppy and torquey little car, had an amazing amount of power with the 1.8l turbo 5-speed, and a really smooth responsive ride.

The 2nd gen "new beetle" got rid of the bubble dome shape, presumably to improve the backseat, be safer, and more aerodynamic. I'm sure it's more practical but for me it lost a lot of its character. I read that for 2012 they briefly used an optional 2.0l turbocharged engine (same as the gti) but it flopped and they discontinued it. It's kind of been my holy grail to find a 2.0t beetle in manual.
>>
>>16941617
>I read that for 2012 they briefly used an optional 2.0l turbocharged engine (same as the gti) but it flopped and they discontinued it.
Actually, it was never discontinued. You can still get them with the 2.0L Turbo from the GTI.

What happened is they launched in 2012 with the Beetle Turbo being the performance name. Then in mid-2013, they switched from the gen 2 EA888 2.0L to the gen 3 EA888 2.0L. With this change came a new front end, and a new trim level. The Beetle Turbo was renamed the Beetle R-Line.

Pic related is an R-Line 2.0L Turbo.

As to the roof. There was another reason for the roof change. And that was to make it closer to the original. You'll notice increased angles to give it a more masculine look. But then, you can't completely pull nthat off when you use a fucking Britney Spears music video to help promote the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-sxSd1uwoU
>>
I was looking at a new Golf, but the VIN says they're all made in Mexico.
If I go back to 2015 models, they were made in Germany.

Am I concerned about nothing?
>>
>>16941711
>Am I concerned about nothing?
yes. The Mexican production problems were FINALLY worked out by the MK6.
>>
>>16941549
>t. 90s guy who called miata a hairdresser's car
You got to appreciate the feminine curvature. Are you gay?
>>
>>16941582
But they're not, they """tried""" to make this current generation Beetle more masculine.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.