[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MK6 GTI >K04, 3" downpipe, injectors, plugs and fuel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: CAR.jpg (338KB, 1224x690px) Image search: [Google]
CAR.jpg
338KB, 1224x690px
>MK6 GTI
>K04, 3" downpipe, injectors, plugs and fuel pump
>Forge Twintake
>Exhaust
>ECU

Trying to add more power via support mods now that the K04's in. Am I better off running meth injection or getting a better intercooler? What about both? I'm in Florida and it's hot as fuck year round.

Any other modifications I should be considering? Not very caught up on the current aftermarket for the MK6's.
>>
>>16938656
why bother spending all that money when youll be lucky to even run 12's?
>>
>>16938656
>modding a shitbox
You know a Mustang gt would be faster and handle better right?
>>
>>16938656
Get the IC if in Florida
>>
>>16938656
Nice car sweety. Post tits pls?
>>
>>16938805
Any particular IC I should be considering?

Looking at the Forge Twintercooler and the obligatory APR. Would it be worth it to run an IC with meth?
>>
>>16938656
seems like an IC would be the next logical step
>>
>>16938870
The advantages of an intercooler are that charge temp can be maintained at near ambient for longer. With just meth you would still be battling higher charge temps which would eventually pull power. Especially in warmer climates this could even be seen in a 3rd-5th gear run, with timing being pulled at the end of the 4th gear.
>>
>>16938953
So, go with both.

So my issue with the APR is that, granted it's fucking massive it's sandwiched between the radiator and the AC condenser. Would that reduce airflow to a point that a smaller one mounted below the radiator would be better?

What about these intercooler sprayers? They sound ricer as fuck but the idea seems functional.
>>
>>16939099
IC Sprayers on Lesbaru's are just dumb and smash bugs into it.
>>
>>16938656
D I S C O

P
O
T
A
T
O
>>
File: bent rod.jpg (27KB, 583x280px) Image search: [Google]
bent rod.jpg
27KB, 583x280px
>>16938656
You should build the motor before you bend a rod. Or better yet sell it and get a good car instead of dumping money into a vag shitbox.
>>
>>16938656
What's your tire, suspension, sway bar, brake pad set up like?
>>
>>16939099
Looking at APR's own charts it seems their intercooler still sees a raise in charge air temps. A lot of the front mount seem to be more consistently near ambient.

Intercooler sprayers are useless, especially if you are spraying meth and have a good enough intercooler to stay near ambient.
>>
>>16939369
Pirelli P zero 225/40/18
KW V2 coilovers
No sway bar
18z six pistons in front
>>
>>16939348
CCZA's don't bend rods until 600+hp
>>
Mirin your ride homie
>>
Why didn't you just buy an R32?
>>
>>16938681
>mustang
>handling better than literally fucking anything
>>
>>16938656
Honestly dude IC then nos
>>
>>16938681
>>16939783
It begins
>>
>>16939797
It's such poor bait.
>>
>>16939853
People will take it though. It's poor bait but we have some stupid fish
>>
File: 3rd gear IAT.png (45KB, 1441x487px) Image search: [Google]
3rd gear IAT.png
45KB, 1441x487px
>>16938656
run an IC and meth. if you're on APR software you can run the 100 octane file on the meth and get a bit more power on top of the cooler IATs. not sure of the direct-fit models for your car, but I run a universal Treadstone TR8 and it's great for K04s and up. this is a log from my car with an F23L (slightly larger than K04) and no meth. it's even better on the juice.
>>
>>16938664
Yeah, not to hurt OP's feelings but you're gonna look back and see how much money you put into a chassis that first of all isn't that great to begin with, second, putting tons of power down on a FWD isn't that rewarding at the end of the day. Why don't you sell the car and move to the Golf R?
>>
File: IMG_1218.jpg (46KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1218.jpg
46KB, 800x533px
>>16938656
Start with some tires that fit your wheels.

I wouldn't push too far past 300 whp as you are just going to spin your tires through second gear.

Source: had a 356whp SI with lower boost in first and second to help with traction.
>>
>>16938656
Get a better intercooler and maybe an oil cooler, I'm also in Florida these are on my list for my wrx.
>>
>>16938656
vape holder bro
>>
>>16938656
Deffinateky go injection OP
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.