[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /o/. How much would it cost to convert a 66 mustang coupe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: WhiteBlue.jpg (81KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
WhiteBlue.jpg
81KB, 800x534px
Hi, /o/.

How much would it cost to convert a 66 mustang coupe into a fastback with either 69 Boss or "Eleanor" body?

I'm also concerned about VIN, as conversion would cause at least several of those being gone if not all and if I were to buy an entire body - what about VIN's then?

Finally - I can do a lot of man work, especially metal related myself, but prepping the body for paint and painting it is out of my reach, so if someone is actually experienced or knowledgeable, please consider that in the estimated price.

P.S.
I do not reside in the U.S. which might make some of parts/body kits dealers unavailable to me.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (141KB, 1280x696px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
141KB, 1280x696px
I hate that Eleanor refers to the shit Nic Cage remake car. Eleanor is and will alwats be a 1971 Sportsroof.
>>
>>16938220
I fully understand the frustration and while I do not visit /o/, I expected "Eleanor" from the remake movie to be hated.

However, a fastback is a fastback and I like them all - which is why I'd like to convert a coupe into one, as I do not posses the means to acquire an actual fastback in the country I reside in.

Additionally, I am not a purist, so I don't care about a lot of originality (though I admire and respect it) - I simply love the look of a fastback.
>>
File: fastback.jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
fastback.jpg
9KB, 300x225px
buy something like this and do some cutting and welding
>>
The cost of a notch and the conversion will be WAY more than just buying a fastback, especially if you have to ask here.
>>
File: 1315174367942.gif (430KB, 398x400px) Image search: [Google]
1315174367942.gif
430KB, 398x400px
>>16938220
both cars are good m8

and both movies are good as well,
>>
>>16938257
That's my plan honestly, but additional conversion to Boss or "Eleanor" fucks with VIN's.

>>16938272
Where else would I ask?
>>
>>16938300
>Where else would I ask?
in a place where people actually know what they're talking about
>>
File: 3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>16938279
>and both movies are good as well,
>>
>>16938300
If you are actually concerned with the VIN that means you are worried about the value of the car after this pipe dream is finished. There is no conceivable way the car will be worth more money than it was when it was a notchback. It's just torching money. If you have the only Mustang in your entire country and there is no possible way to get a fastback, but somehow you can find a donor roof, AND you don't care about money at all then sure, if you take fabrication and bodywork classes for a few years you may get to the point where you can do the job.
>>
>>16938308
absolutely SHIT TASTE

as expected of /pol/tards
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>16938353
>a person using a trump reaction image must be from /pol/

I'm a firm believer of classical liberalism. I just think Trump's "wrong" face is funny and makes a good reaction image.
>>
>>16938345
I don't care for the value of the car itself. I've stated I am not a purist. I also have enough space to store a car in whatever case that would lead me to not want it anymore and I'm sure my children would end up loving to take it out for a ride someday otherwise.

The reason why I care about VIN's is mostly because of either buying an entire body and/or dealing with bullshit during car tech/reg.

There are a few coupes in my country and coupe donor bodies, there are no fastbacks.

I'd be able to do the body work conversion after I buy the body kit parts.

I however don't have any equipment to do body priming or painting.

I wanted to see maybe some anons have knowledge/experience on this or some cheaper alternatives/means I've missed.
>>
>>16938279
New Eleanor is fucking ugly as shit.
>>16938183
More than you can afford, pal.
>>
>>16938430
DELET THIS
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.