[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I expect from a 1993 N/A RWD Previa in terms of reliability,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 20170108094034.jpg (620KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170108094034.jpg
620KB, 1024x768px
What can I expect from a 1993 N/A RWD Previa in terms of reliability, ownership costs, insurance, etc.

Thanks!
>>
please do not forget me my friends
>>
Service costs shouldn't be too bad but it might get expensive if you need anything replaced since it's pretty old now. Insurance should be low.

Those things have like a negative 5 star safety rating though, so you'll probably bite it if you crash into a smart car at 20mph.
>>
File: 1481560264800.jpg (196KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
1481560264800.jpg
196KB, 800x451px
>>16937910
>What can I expect from a 1993 N/A RWD Previa in terms of reliability, ownership costs, insurance, etc.
One thing to look forward to is everyone dieing should you get in a crash.
The Previa is mid-engined which means there's less space up front for energy absorption.
As a minivan, the Previa is behind its competition in every measure. That's why they don't make mid-engine minivans anymore.

If you want a minivan you can hot rod, there are better, safer, options.
At the top of my recommendations would be a 4 cylinder Dodge Caravan or Plymouth Voyager. the 2.5L and 2.4L I4 engines have plenty of aftermarket support and are both more than capable of being sleepers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Gdm_e_hxs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78InPT4iqlw

Aside from that, look into the Mazda 5. Dimension-wise, it's almost identical to the original Chrysler minivans. And it's based on the compact Mazda 3 and Ford Focus, so yes, they are very hot roddable.

>>16939522
>Those things have like a negative 5 star safety rating though, so you'll probably bite it if you crash into a smart car at 20mph.
And the people in the Smart car would walk away with no injuries.
>>
>>16937910
If you want something relatively fun to drive, where you could also take your kid with you, I'd say look for a Focus ST Turnier, or Zafira OPC (what ever that is on the american market).
>>
>>16941051
>I'd say look for a Focus ST Turnier, or Zafira OPC (what ever that is on the american market).
America doesn't get the Turnier, or the Zafira. America doesn't get the Zafira PERIOD. Never has and likely never will. GM stopped making minivans for the American market around 2007 and concentrated on SUVs that sold like hot cakes.
>>
File: Chevrolet_Uplander_LWB.jpg (188KB, 2123x1230px) Image search: [Google]
Chevrolet_Uplander_LWB.jpg
188KB, 2123x1230px
>>16941056
Oh and the American GM Minivans were ALL based on the U-body platform, like the Opel/Vauxhall Sintra, though they got a HUGE update in 2005 which fixed the issue of safety.
>>
>>16941042
>>16939522
>hurr it's unsafe.
Fuck off
>>
File: api-rating-image.jpg (31KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
api-rating-image.jpg
31KB, 400x338px
>>16941130
No thanks. You'll do that sideways into a tree. Then we'll never have to worry about you or your descendants poisoning the human race with your stupidity.
>>
>>16941142
Over exaggerated
>>
>>16941152
nope.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1025020/Pictured-The-professional-footballers-car-family-vehicle-collided--leaving-children-dead.html

A minivan exists to cart your family around. A family is the most important thing in your life. Why willingly and knowingly put them at risk in an unsafe minivan?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.