[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your driving style /o/? I like to drive efficiently,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: 80320044.jpg (43KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
80320044.jpg
43KB, 600x451px
What is your driving style /o/?

I like to drive efficiently, getting up to the speed limit at a good pace, but not flooring it.

I can't STAND people who just putter off the line, barely accelerating

I also NEVER ride peoples bumpers, shits dangerous
>>
>>16935518
>I can't STAND people who just putter off the line, barely accelerating
I always either do this or floor it doing a rolling burnout.
>>
>>16935518
I do what you do OP. It's called hypermiling. It's why my X5 is at 263k miles, my expedition is at 304k miles, my A8L is at 189k miles, and my 740iL and 540i are both 150k+
>>
>>16935518
I can't stand drivers who feel the need to blast away from every green light and brake at the last second coming to a red. Fucking relax.

I'm not a slow driver by any means, but I generally prefer to go about my business in a smooth and efficient manor.
>>
Another of my pet peeves is when people ride your ass even when they can clearly see that there's a car in front of you. What exactly do you want me to do, asshole? Are you trying to get me to tailgate this guy and create some sort of domino effect of asshole-ery? Fuck off.
>>
>>16936195
Not gonna lie, that's sometimes me but god I hate traffic, so i like to get away from other drivers when possible

>>16936228
This
>>
>>16936228
I love brake checking those people, I do it when they're less expecting it too.
>>
I drive pretty quickly, but still prioritize safety. I never tailgate, pass only when safe, and never weave through traffic, but I always like to be the first at any light, in front of any pack of cars, and the fastest off the line. I don't floor it, but I will go JUST a bit faster than the next fastest person at any time. Sometimes people have the same mindset and in those cases I'll generally race until my normal cruising speed or a few km over and then chill out. Also, I never drive aggressively in residential areas or on roads with a lot of entrances as there are just too many opprotunities for an accident.
>>
>>16936270
I only tailgate if someone is being a complete retard. Say for example if there's a guy in the fast lane doing the exact speed limit. I know these left lane laws differ from state to state, but here in Virginia, you're actually legally obligated to yield to faster drivers no matter their speed. Defying this is just a dick move.
>>
>>16936256
>Lemme just cause an accident right quick
>>
>>16936326
My mindset is that anyone doing something like that has already shown that they're an idiot, and better left alone. If I'm in a rush I might flash my highbeams or eventually get annoyed and blow by on the right, minimizing the amount of time I'm on the right of them.
>>
>>16936350
Yeah, I don't get super aggressive with it. Just sit there for like five seconds and see if they'll move. If not, I just swing around to the right and be on my way. I think a lot of that is just curiosity to see how stubborn they are haha
>>
>>16936345
>Lemme just dangerously tailgate and assume everything will go well
>>
I'm pretty sure I'm an asshole driver, you guys can be the judges

>only tailgate of right hand lane is open and they are going well below the speed limit In the left, I'll go around after a few seconds
>sometimes like to weave in and out just for fun
>like to be in the front of a line at a red light so when it turns green I can get away quicker than most of the fucks who sit there for a cool 5 minutes contemplating their existence
>generally only go 5 above speed limit unless flow of traffic directs me other wise
>like to speed around people going under the speed limit on city roads cause they are part of the traffic problem
idk I feel like I drive normally but also shitty
>>
I'm a very relaxed driver. Ever since I turned 22 or 23, I just don't care about driving really fast. But I do know when it's appropriate to drive aggressively.
>>
>>16936345
Yep I don't give a shit. If you're tailgating someone and you end up hitting that person you're at fault automatically. Some people need to learn the hard way
>>
>>16936195
>tfw i rev it like bam bam bam and drop it into D for max respect at every light

on my 5th transmission
>>
>>16936394
kek
>>
>>16936394
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cefC0DPlHFQ
>>
violence best describes my driving

i like to exert utter and total all encompasing control over all others when i drive
>>
>>16935986
Noice
>>
>>16936195
>Manor
>>
>>16936373
Just don't be passive aggressive, don't tailgate don't let them drag you down to their level. Also just smash on them when they try to pass
>>
>>16935518
I drive with the flow of traffic; if there is no traffic I go ~5/10 mph over the limit.

I drive my cars gently - no jackrabbit starts, no gunning it or revving the shit out them, etc.

I drive like a grandpa, only faster in general. I'll pull to the side for faster cars, especially in my neighborhood where the roads are narrow and I have to practically come to a stop on the side of the road to let someone pass, because I absolutely hate being tailgated, but recognize that I like to drive slower than most.

>driving habits acquired when I was a poorfag and couldn't afford my car to break
>now bill travel time by the hour so there's a financial incentive to be slow
>>
File: LKRParade2012[1].jpg (284KB, 1600x1034px) Image search: [Google]
LKRParade2012[1].jpg
284KB, 1600x1034px
>>16936438
>Not going about your business in a smooth and efficient manor.
>>
>>16935518
I like to drive efficiently almost all the time. Sometimes I just gun it, but all it does is makes loud sounds because I'm in a 2011 Tundra.

I do the "1 car length for every 10mph" rule, I don't think I've ever taken a turn without a blinker either. I never ride bumpers.

>>16936195
I sometimes do the first, but I ALWAYS slow down way before the light so that people can see my brake lights.
>>
>>16936375
Stop weaving through traffic. It will stop being fun after your first inevitable crash (whether or not it's necessarily your fault). Other than that it seems fine.
>>
>>16935518
If I'm in front. I open the throttle. I like to wait until the speed limit sign signally an increase gets behind me. Then from 5mph under, floor it. That's if it's a significant increase. Then I have 10mph wiggle room. 5 under to start, and 5 over before I finish and hit coasting speed.

If I'm in the pack, I'll leave 2-3 seconds of room between me and the next guy for comfort, lift off the throttle if someone in another lane is in my blindspot (I don't like that) so they ride past.

If I'm behind the pack, I'll stay there. Open road to yourself is a blessing.
>>
>>16936424
Wat
>>
>>16935518
Most of my acceleration is done in first and second gear as it should be. I don't hoon my dd.
>>
>>16936195
Cops in my city have actually been pinching people for that. Besides, flooring the pedal for any reaaon except trying to get unstuck is a waste of gas.
>>
>>16936464
Ha
>>
>>16936528
As far as turning goes - I always lock my wheel into it using inertial forces so I'm never adjusting the angle of my wheels as I ride through the curve.

Every single curve I'm practicing the perfect steer so I can practically take my hands completely off the wheel and the car will complete the maneuver by itself.

I like to have fun while I drive by building my skill.
>>
>>16936548
Can they actually ticket people for excessive rate of acceleration, or is it only if the tires chirp?
>>
>>16936565
>>16936528
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR5XyHtI9Ew
My inspiration. Although this mad cunt is doing it in a drift. I have never drifted (on tarmac)
>>
>>16935518
I drive like you are a shit driver, everyone else driving is a shit driver, and I must be aware of your shitty ability to drive so I can ensure the safety of my passenger and I.

I like to give one car length no matter what. Drive fast whenever I can, but slow down enough so I can make it to the next light when it turns green.
>>
>>16936548
I don't advocate for racing to a red light, but what law are you breaking if you don't break the speed limit
>>
>>16936600
What car (if any) when you see it you assume the driver may have above average skills
>>
>>16936607
They could get you for reckless driving depending on your skid profile.

Seems a little paranoid, but I don't race to the intersection anyway. I'm not that guy. Conversely I look both ways across an intersection even while green. Just to be sure nothing tricky is happening.
>>
>>16936576
>>16936607
Isn't it called "exhibition of..." something? Exhibition of speed?
>>
>>16936619
Reckless, no way a half decent traffic attorney would get that thrown out/reduced to what >>16936624 said, exhibition of speed
>>
>>16936650
yeah I said it was a little paranoid. I open the throttle all the time and I don't fear the police because I'm not doing anything.

Cops open the throttle a lot too. Everyone does it when they want/need to hear their car roar.
>>
>>16936612
Honestly when I see an /o/ approved older vehicle with a CLEAN body, no dents no stickers, being driven by a non fuckboi
>>
File: STREETS OF FIRE.gif (1MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
STREETS OF FIRE.gif
1MB, 400x224px
I'm incredibly aggressive when i'm not in rush hour traffic.

>Typically do 5-15MPH over depending where i'm driving
>On the freeway/interstate i overtake any chance i get until i don't have any traffic in front of me
>Always stay as close as possible without tailgating
>Never been pulled over
>Never been hit with a traffic violation

I may drive like a mad cunt, but i always signal and don't lane change sporadically.
>>
>>16936678
As long as you signal well, don't cut people off and have a vehicle that can handle aggressive driving go for it
>>
>>16936650
>>16936624
>The traditional notions of drag racing and exhibitions of speed often hold that there are more than one driver and or an audience to watch
>>
>>16936612
It's not the car, it's the person operating the vehicle.

People make mistakes, and they could be distracted by a rat and swerve into me; that's why I have to aware of my surroundings and assume everyone is a shitty driver for my safety.
>>
>>16936612
Tesla on autopilot.
>>
>>16936576
I've seen people get slapped with reckless endangerment
>>
>>16935518
On the bike:

>do the speed limit unless I'm on the highway, where it's the speed limit +10
>generally try to be moving slightly faster than everyone else
>filter between cars at traffic lights when it's appropriate
>take off from the lights as soon as they turn green, usually fairly quickly
>no tailgaiting, pass people safely but quickly
>don't really hoon unless I'm on a twisty road
>be courteous, let people in when appropriate to do so
>don't have an obnoxiously loud bike
>generally don't get angry when people do retarded shit

I like to be cool and calm because angry riding will get you killed.
>>
>>16935518
>What is your driving style
It's very diverse. Trying to elaborate how is just as difficult as answering the final question on your final exam that you didn't study for.
>>
>>16936619
Another example of cops giving people a hard time over absolutely nothing. Why taxpayers take this sort of crap is beyond me.
>>
>>16935518
Depends on the car...

usually though i'm in a 1980's buick station wagon with piss poor acceleration, automatic:

Gas pedal gets pushed to the floor at every opportunity. I drive with right foot on gas, left foot on brake. 10-30 mph over limit typical (city), highway speed unknown because speedometer stops around 85 but it isn't much higher than that.

In the wagon, I focus on sticking to one lane, and high beaming anyone and anything that happens to get in my way. If you are in the left lane of the highway and are going slower than I am, I will zoom up behind you, when I get within a 1/8 mile my high beams go on, when I get within a football field I start flashing em, when I get within 5-10 car lengths I hit the horn. If you still don't move, I'll snap change into the other lane and lay on the horn while I pass.

Cornering, I slam on my brakes before the turn and then power through it, usually trying to get as much tire chirp as possible around any given corner.

Pedestrians:
If you are dumb enough to jaywalk in front of me, you can bet your sorry ass I will slam on my brakes so hard I'll put that big bitch in a four wheel screaming stop and watch you run. It pleases me.

I'm not a foaming rageoholic, I just don't like using my brakes when I don't have to. I also love to push car's to their limits. I usually listen to heavy metal while lounging back in the driver's seat with one hand on the wheel and one hand 'at-the-ready'.

Driving history
Years: >8
Accidents >0
Speeding Tickets >1 (125 in a 60)
Other tickets >2 (no muffler when I was 17) (rolled stop when I was 16)
Insurance >Progressive 100/300/100

Anecdote to help describe what my personal driving style is like
>Be me
>Be midnight
>have been awake for 25 hours at that point
>jet lagged as a motherfucker
>driving for two hours in the snow at 70 mph listening to nightwave in the wagon
>wake up
>front right mirror is an inch from the concrete center divider
>continuing....
>>
>>16938144
>one hand on wheel
>70 mph
>I speak a single phrase out in a quiet tone.
"Uh oh."
>Freeway is empty ahead, assume empty behind
>Try and steer away from barrier before i scrape my lovely wagon
>still only one hand on wheel.
>Wagon starts fishtailing.
>Start steering into skid but this is fresh powder and a 4400 lb car riding on car tires in rwd with no abs
>car is now skidding across highway and there is a bridge upcoming.
>"Dang." Not "DANG!" or "DAMN!" just "Dang"
>calmly place other hand on the steering wheel and ram the gas pedal to the floor
>snow and slop sloshing into fenders
>wagon makes a graceful ark as I spin the wheel against the skid and make a perfect 180*
>slide right under the bridge in the right lane
>jerk the wheel the other way and nail another perfect 180*
>"Sweet."
>eat a granola bar and turn the music up more
>drive home.
>get home and look for damage
>None!
>>
I drive just fine unless there are other people in the car and I don't know where I'm going, then I panic especially in traffic when I have to change lanes.
>>
>>16938144
>>16938169

You sound like your fun to chill with
>>
I drive like everyone else has somewhere important to be
>get out of people's way
>speed up so they can get around me easier if there is a lot of traffic
>let people get in front of me

You never know what that person has to do that day, they could be on their way to see their child born or something of the sorts.
>>
I drive like an absolute maniac in my shitbox daily (mazda6 V6 wagon manual)
I speed, overtake aggressively, rev match downshift for on-ramps etc.

However in my V8 mustang (off the track) I drive super lax, shift early at like 2.2k rpm, cruise at 10 over on the highway, always let people by. Guess because deep down I care about the car and if I drove the way I did with my daily I'd easily be doing speeds high enough to get my car impounded.
>>
>>16935518
accelerate extremely slowly with my shitbox and then catch up to the raging cucks that go past me at the next red light. a great feeling everytime when they wont dare look at you.
>>
>>16941806
I do this for the truckers around here.
>shitty two lane undivided highway
>my turn is coming up
>check mirror and there is a truck fairly close
>speed up to 80, then brake hard before the turn
>trucker didn't have to decelerate

Generally I pay more attention and can pull ahead earlier so I don't have to decelerate as hard.
>>
>>16935518
>I can't STAND people who just putter off the line, barely accelerating

That is the best way to preserve gas mileage t b h
>>
>>16936394
My favorite maymay.
>>
I hit a kid once.
Got in my car and drove off.

I was in the park and saw him alone so I socked him in the mouth, for no reason. Walked back to the lot, drove out.
Good times. Simpler times.
>>
>>16936565
I do this in Assetto Corsa, while drifting.

During sharper corners sometimes it works out to just throw the wheel into the corner, go hands-off, and control with the throttle while the wheel returns to center and countersteer from there. Not dumb enough to try it where me or my car can actually get hurt, though.

As far as daily driving goes, I basically play the stupid game Shinji does in Initial Meme, I live in a rural semi-mountainous area, so most of my driving is on backroads with decent amounts of twisties. I just pick a speed (usually 55-60mph) and try to cruise there as long as possible without dropping too much speed off. If there're other cars, I just slow down so my stupid ass doesn't hurt anyone, but I've never even had a near miss that wasn't another driver's fault.

Cunts around here seem to think that because a road may not have lines on it, it's perfectly fine to just cruise dead-center despite not being marked as one-way.
>>
File: safetycar.jpg (39KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
safetycar.jpg
39KB, 640x445px
I from Russia. I go by this devil machine on streets of Moscow
3 times successfully disappeared from police
Basically I go accurately and on special lines.
>>
>>16946426
Stay out of our archive, child.
>>
>>16946397
>Cunts around here seem to think that because a road may not have lines on it, it's perfectly fine to just cruise dead-center despite not being marked as one-way.

I do this if I can see for a while.
I also cut corners like a motherfucker, again, if I can see.

They're like lane and a quarter roads here though, if I was "in my lane" I would have a tire off the road.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.