[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a Ninja 250 that I've had sitting for three years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: kawasaki-ninja-250r-2007-8.jpg (29KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
kawasaki-ninja-250r-2007-8.jpg
29KB, 600x450px
I have a Ninja 250 that I've had sitting for three years at least without draining the fluids.
What would need to be done to it to get it running again, or is it a total write off?

I'm a total bike retard. Never done more than oil changes, and changed chains and sprockets so apologies if this question is stupid.
>>
>>16933304
Did you try starting it?
>>
Here's what you will need to do
>Drain all gas
>Take carbs off
>Clean them (use Google)
>Take all fuel lines off and replace them
>Replace battery
Should be good. You'll want to bleed the brakes as well but that can happen whenever
>>
Maybe run fresh oil and drive it hard for 100mi after the above and change it again to help clean the engine a bit
>>
>>16933362
>>16933335
If he's in America, odds are that e10 will have fucked his carbs
>>
>>16933335
Sitting for three years my guy, no way that fuckers starting. When I checked it a year ago I couldn't even get the gas tank open with the key without bending the key.

>>16933339
>>16933362
Thanks gents, I'll look into it some more.

>>16933387
How much will replacement carbs be? Is that even possible?
>>
>>16933402
Replacement carbs are cheap and very possible. My guess is 40 bucks at the most. Anon, have you tried just draining the fuel and adding new fuel and starting it? Lol I doubt it won't start and often enough they'll fix themselves if you best on it
>>
File: IMG_20170209_163838.jpg (252KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170209_163838.jpg
252KB, 1080x1920px
>>16933402
Replacement carbs will run you about 200, but by the time you take the old ones off to replace them you might as well clean them. Seriously, motorcycle carburetors are really simple and you will find out you learn some stuff.

Post in dbt, there's a lot of helpful fags there
>>
>>16933509
Nobody in dbt is helpful and only a fool would take advice from anyone there.

>crush washer
Ring a bell?
>>
>>16933535
I have never purchased a new one, nor have I needed one. Glorious Japanese steel
>>
>>16933339
Do this.
Also your tires are probably rock hard by now. You probably want to get new ones. Old tires on motorcycles are sketchy as fuck.
>>
>>16933596
oh, so you're wrong is what you're saying
>>
Clean the carbs, flush out old coolant and replace with new, do a brake fluid flush, change the oil and filter, replace the tires, add a new battery, check chain tension, sprocket condition and make sure chain is lubricated, ensure fork seals aren't leaking. You'll be good to go for safe riding.
>>
>>16933875
>>16933596
>>16933535
he tricked some guy into buying the leaky bike, old crush washer and all, then bought some new piece of garbage to mistreat.
>>
>>16933304
Hah, let me red pill you on something buddy. This is the history of pretty much every Ninja 250 and you would be hard pressed to find one that isn't running. Pretty much everyone buys these things from a decade ago and then sticks it in a shed for half its life.

The bike is completely fine. Three years isn't even that bad.

Like everyone else has already said: the procedure is simple.

The main issue you're going to run into is your carburetors. You can't let gas just sit in them for a long period of time otherwise they'll gunk up and become ineffective.

Drain the gas, remove the carbs, clean them (btw 'carb cleaning' has become a total meme these days. you don't even really need to clean them. there are these two little screws inside carburetors that have holes going through them and these holes get clogged. this is literally teh only thing you need to actually clean and you can just do it by poking holes through it using a needle.)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.