[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently it's completely legal to have this badge on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: interceptor.jpg (90KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
interceptor.jpg
90KB, 960x720px
So apparently it's completely legal to have this badge on your car. Any reason why?

Thinking about putting one on my car so that people stop tailgaiting.
>>
>>16932649
I saw one on a fucking Accord once.

>Thinking about putting one on my car so that people stop tailgaiting.

If you don't have municipal plates nobody will be fooled.
>>
>>16932649
It's completely legal cause it was specced with the police interceptor package. It's different than putting red and blue lights on your roof and painting "anontown police department" along the side.
>>
>>16932663
>nobody will be fooled.
I think most drivers would be.
>>
>>16932649
I think you should get a spare windshield sprayer and hook it up in the trunk facing backwards. Then fill it with acetone.
>>
>>16932845
Oh

Oh no
>>
>>16932845
Why not battery acid?
>>
What's the legality of a siren bar? Is it just color? What about painting a fictional town's police department on your car?
>>
>>16932649
>Honda civic dx POLICE INTERCEPTOR
Yeah no one is going to fall for that.
>>
>>16932928
Every state town county or whatever is gonna have some rule against it, or just say impersonating a police officer. Nothing wrong with the badge, but a paintjob saying you are a cop will be a problem.
>>
File: 181479518210_1.jpg (45KB, 640x338px) Image search: [Google]
181479518210_1.jpg
45KB, 640x338px
>>16932928
People seem to get away with movie car replicas, so it should be ok as long as you're not trying to pull anyone over and don't have blue lights or forward facing red lights.
>>
I always wanted a Los Santos PD or Library City PD car
>>
>>16932954
How about a black mustang? I think many people would back off.
>>
>>16932663
There are unmarked cars without municipal plates
>>
To be considering impersonating a police officer you have to either say you're a cop and that you're doing cop things or blue/red lights facing forward or on the side of the car.

Police Interceptor is the actual trim name of Ford police cars so that gives it extra legality I think.
>>
>>16932972
Every single police car in Washington State patrol car has WSP in the plates or an XMT tag
>>
>>16932649
what are you, European? Jesus Christ.

>a-a-am I allowed to do this, pretty pwease, sir??
>>
>>16933001
In New Jersey there are unmarked cars with regular plates. I guess it varies from state to state
>>
>>16932672
Not just the package, in this case that specific model is literally called the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, and the only time it DOESN'T have that badge is if whoever ordered added the Street Appearance Package- at extra cost- to make it look like a standard Crown Victoria.

Similarly, the new Taurus police car is literally just the "Ford Police Interceptor Sedan," and the Exploder is the Police Interceptor Utility.
>>
>>16932995
This, the new cop Taurus and Exploders are called the Police Interceptor Sedan and Police Interceptor Utility respectively. Surprisingly, my oil capacity guide at walmart has specs for them, even though we're 99.9% most likely never going to work on one.
>>
File: hqdefault[3].jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[3].jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>16933019
>>16933026
>explodermind
>>
Also I know a guy who outfitted his Tahoe with one of these badges (stupid because it's exclusively a Ford thing) and a ton of lights. He was caught pulling people over and is currently getting buttfucked by the fed investigations.

Don't be a fucking retard OP.
>>
>>16932972
Wrong.

It's probably just a surplus or a pretender.
>>
>>16933048
I see unlucky bastards get pulled over by them all the time
>>
>>16933044
I'm not pulling anyone over, adding any lights, or claiming I'm someone I'm not.

Adding the badge solely because people will think twice about tailing your shit.
>>
>>16933065
that's illegal in alot of states.
>>
>>16932649
Maybe drive faster?
>>
File: disappointed meow.jpg (54KB, 622x621px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed meow.jpg
54KB, 622x621px
>>16933068
No, it really won't.

They'll think "why does that ratty old Honda fucking Accord have a cockeyed Police Interceptor badge on it?"

You're what's called a whacker. You want to look like a cop just to intimidate other people on the road. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>16933068
>Adding the badge solely because people will think twice about tailing your shit.
If someone is close enough to read that badge in the first place, they probably aren't smart enough to actually read it.
>>
File: nj-mg75550-500x250.jpg (38KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
nj-mg75550-500x250.jpg
38KB, 500x250px
>>16933065
It's because your commie state disguised them to look like normal Jersey plates.
In PA here, municipal plates are just straight blue but jersey cops still need municipal plates.
>>
>>16933081
It's been happening a lot recently i've noticed, people buying chargers on steelies and surplus crown vics and re-adding the push bars and putting a CV radio in them.
>>
File: yousillywilly.jpg (12KB, 255x210px) Image search: [Google]
yousillywilly.jpg
12KB, 255x210px
>>16933068
>"I'm not [...] claiming I'm someone I'm not."
>literally wants to put a badge on his car that makes him look like a cop
>>
File: pWZ-hg.jpg (26KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
pWZ-hg.jpg
26KB, 500x372px
Crown Vics aren't even police cars anymore for the most part around here. There's one unmarked (with Sheriff's plates) still being used, but most of the radar/lights have been removed. Everything is PI, PIU, Charger, and Tahoe.

>tfw when the newest Crown Vic is over 5 years old.
>>
>>16933105
Thankfully you really only have to worry about the Chargers, because barely any departments use Crown Vics anymore.

I like vics as much as the next guy but holy fuck what is the end game to playing cop on the road. People go slow as fuck in front of you, and cops WILL harass you, rightfully so.
>>
>>16933105
Lots of surplus P71 Crown Vics already have the push bars and spotlight attached; the department sees it as more trouble than it's worth to get them off especially as they aren't as distinct as a big fucking light bar on top or all the radio equipment in the interior that they do remove.

>>16933117
>>16933119
These too, lots of areas have almost entirely abandoned the Crown Victorias. Where I live even the smallest township (that still has a police force) uses Chargers; only a few cities have a couple CVs left in their fleet and rarely you'll see a state police CV, although they've primarily switched over to Tauruses and Explorers (while using the same reflective strips on the back as they applied to the P71s, which is funny to look at because it doesn't line up at ALL). Most people won't recognize the car anyway, they'll look for the lights on top or the paintjob, hence why the new hidden-lights and "stealth paintjob" cars are so effective- and people who DO recognize the CV are probably smart enough to see it's a decommissioned car with a civilian plate and an overweight neckbeard behind the wheel, driving with one hand as he furiously jerks off to his power fantasies.
>>
>>16932649
You realize how many PI's are out there on the civvy market now? It's more likely people will just see you as a poser and drive even more dickishly around you.

>>16933026
I've seen some Taurus interceptors already auctioned off to the civvy market. Depending on who's driving it, it might hit that magic mileage mark and get sent to the auction house within 3 years.
>>
>>16933117
>>16933119
>>16933146
Where do you guys live? I'm in Florida right now and a lot of the departments still have CVPI's in use. The sherrif's department in my town doesn't even have LED's on their cars. FDOT and FHP swapped straight over to the new stuff, though.
>>
>>16933444
New York (non NYC).
>>
People are driving around with fully specced American police cars in Germany.

>it's basically legal because they're not impersonating German police
>theoretically they'd have to cover up the lightbar but it's not an issue as long as they don't use it in traffic
>>
>>16932649

The only people who would fall for that are idiots who don't know that most cops don't use standard license plates.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.