[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey aut/o/bots, I'm an idiot with no hobbies or gf, too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 90261695.jpg (133KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
90261695.jpg
133KB, 1024x768px
Hey aut/o/bots,

I'm an idiot with no hobbies or gf, too much disposable income, and a retarded idea I need you to tell me is terrible and unworkable.

>Short version:
How ridiculously expensive and impractical would it be to put a 550+ hp LSx variant into a 99 CR-V exactly like picture related

>long version
I'm 31, homeowner, no outstanding debt or bills other than mortgage, union railroad conductor making about $80k annually

I have an old chebby pickup I paid cash for and I have a 99 CR-V I paid cash for.

I don't love either vehicle. The CR-V is my daily driver, it's a manual as it has about 120,000k miles. I'm 6'5 and it fits me and I enjoy hooning it like a dumbass even though it has no power. The double wishbone is nice.

Lately I've been having the retarded idea to put some nasty LS9 drivetrain or GM crate motor in. Obviously it would need significant supporting modifications including
>fabbed motor mounts
>fabbed drivetrain or driveshaft with total RWD conversion away from the pussy ass Honda awd
>Aftermarket suspension all around to cope with increased weight/power/cornering forces
>serious aftermarket brake, wheel and tire combo
>guages changed
>chassis bracing and probably a cage
>complete reworking of the electrical and ancillary engine systems

Oh and also, I can't wrench at all and I'd be paying a performance shop to do all this work.

I'm looking at like $50+k right? $50+k into a $4000 lesbian hairdresser car and I need to fuck right off with my bullshit right?
>>
It's not going to work. The engine is sideways in the Honda. You'd have to rework the whole driveline and the engine won't fit without cutting the firewall.

LSx swap a BRZ to prove you're legit first then get back to us.
>>
Oh yeah, the reason I want to do this stupid shit is that I've been into cars my whole life, love them, love sleepers, read about them, obsess about them and all the good performance ones I would want are $60k and don't fit me.

The Willys LSX all over YouTube inspired me and I have early onset midlife crisis kicking in. Been financially responsible my whole life and finally want to have a fast car that's actually mine.
>>
>>16932151
Just buy a c7
>>
>>16932147
Well there it is, fair enough

Thanks
>>
>>16932156
I do not fit in corvettes at all.
>>
>>16932170
Then buy an R32 from the southern west coast (assuming you're a burger)
>>
>>16932129

Just find a shop you want to do it and get an estimate. What you want to do is far from impossible, though it may be difficult. You can put whatever engine into whatever car you want it just depends on how much time/money you're willing to spend.

I think it sounds badass and you should do it. Put a real quiet exhaust on it and nobody will even know, at least at a glance. Smoke faggots all day in your gay Honda crossover that makes 500+hp.
>>
>>16932129

How do you got that job?
How do you drive that beast?
I'm genuinely intersted in that kind of job
>>
>>16932601
>I'm genuinely interested in that kind of money
You see that is what I read.
>>
>>16932601

>How do you got that job?
Applied online
>How do you drive that beast?
I don't, the engineer does but it's pretty simple
>I'm genuinely intersted in that kind of job
Money's good, schedule sucks ass. On call 24/7, work every weekend and holiday, on duty 12+ hours a day, gone from home 5 days a week sometimes

Look up whatever class 1 railroad is near you and apply online
>>
>>16932699

Thanks for the input

>>16932668

not really, there's jobs out there that pay much more
>>
>>16932129
>How ridiculously expensive and impractical would it be to put a 550+ hp LSx variant into a 99 CR-V exactly like picture related
The engine bay isn't large enough. The drivetrain would need a complete rework. Basically it's as much work to do that as it was for the project binky blokes to put a Celica engine in their mini.
>>
>>16933317
If it fits in a Miata it fits in an SUV, even a small faggy one
>>
>>16933674
>If it fits in a Miata it fits in an SUV
Misguided presumptions spouted by the layman.
>>
>>16933674
You're retarded. Congrats
>>
>>16932151
Here's your solution. You can buy CR-V's with a b series Honda motor. Just go to an import custom shop and explain that you want to build a turbo Back series or H series build that makes 500hp to the wheels. They'll hold your hand if you're serious but it won't be cheap as you aren't doing the work yourself. Parts alone will likely be like 10k.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.