[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pic unrelated. Bike I sold a month ago was towed. What am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7389.jpg (294KB, 1432x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7389.jpg
294KB, 1432x1080px
Pic unrelated.

Bike I sold a month ago was towed.

What am I supposed to do, if anything? They didn't transfer the title obviously since I received the letter saying it was towed and I have 41 days to pick it up. Is it necessary to inform the guy that bought it or should he know somehow?

If abandoned, I can't just pay their fee and re claim it right? I mean even though it could go to auction I rightfully sold it.

Thank in advance
>>
What that guy did was illegal. There is a mandatory time limit on how long you have to transfer the title. It's 14 days here. I don't know about other states.

You should get in contact with your local DMV and ask what to do.
>>
>>16931356
Okay good idea thanks.
>>
>>16931341
Did you give them a bill of sale? And or, you think the person you sold it to can find you?

Here is a story happened to me.

Had a 79 Corvette that was just a goof off project car. Slowly did everything to it over 5 or six years, engine and trans, side pipes, paint, had the thing looking almost like new with a better power train. Everything but the interior which was actually ok surprisingly.

Anyway get bored with it and need money for other stuff and decide to sell it. Guy that shows up has 15k in cash ina brown paper bag. Wont go to the bank and have anything notorized, and doesn't even want a bill of sale. Just hands me 15k and I hand him the title signed in the appropriate spaces by me.

Get notice from a local towing yard more than two months later. Car is impounded Call them up, 450$ to get it out whatever. Turns out, the guy never had the title transferred, didn't have the car registered. I can only guess the plates that were on it when I got it out of hock were stolen.

Worst part: Smashed fiberglass in all four corners, and blue paint. This fucker painted the car blue with blue interior house paint, and a damn paint brush. A complete fucking abortion of a paint job. I had that damn car black and shiny and fucking mirror paint. This dip fuck hand painted it with a brush.

I figure it was some drug dealer or something, painted it after some botched criminal activity so it would be bright blue instead of black. And then luckily got arrested separately away from the car and so it wasn't connected to him.

So I sat on the car for about six months in my garage expecting this asshat or the police to show up. Nobody ever came. I think he was either in prison or dead at this point and sell it again. This time only get 10k.

That was 12 years ago. Anyway. That happens. Criminals buy the car lr bike, never register it. And then get busted and figure that vehicle is left behind like thier loved ones and all the other collateral damage they leave.
>>
>>16931440
Please tell me you have pictures of that paint job. Please.
>>
>>16931341
Protip: in the future always have the buyer sign a bill of sale, then go to your state's DMV website and REPORT THE VEHICLE AS SOLD.

Regardless of if the buyer transfers, you will be absolved of any liability involved with the car as long as you have reported it as sold on your end. Having a physical bill of sale is convenient if you need their contact information to hand over to authorities as well.
>>
>>16931462
In a box somewhere is a photo album from my time with that car. I cant even loom at it. Hurts too much.. I should of figured a tweaker with money in a lunch sack might not take care of her.

Just imagine a shity streaked stippled rippled blotchy smeared dripped basic bitch blue house paint.

Selling that corvette will forever be the worst mistake I ever made. And I have made some fucking doozies'.
>>
>>16931440
>Got 25K for a 1979 Corvette

What's the complaint here, exactly?
>>
Pro tip: If this happens, go to the DMV and say you lost the title. Bring appropriate proof and then retrieve your vehicle again and sell it or keep it.
>>
Thank guys. Got a bill of sale signed by both of us. Finally got to call the company and it Turns out it was destroyed in a wreck. She said the new owner is in the hospital and his wife stopped by to claim it. She told me it's not worth a dime and it would take and experienced mechanic 150 hours to rebuild it.

Fucking asshole ruined my baby. Oh well at least he's alive.

05 zx6r if anyone was curious.

Thanks for all y'alls help.
>>
>>16931595
Nothing, he just pointing out that dindus are stupid and it's not a bad thing to sell to them.
>>
>>16931613
>squid buy sport bike
>squid wrecks it and is in the hospital

LEL
>>
>>16931341
If you don't claim it I think collections kicks in or something
>>
File: 1488376569498.jpg (26KB, 247x269px) Image search: [Google]
1488376569498.jpg
26KB, 247x269px
>>16931613

>tfw happy ending
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.