[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any of you cucks ever done a trans rebuild on an S30? found some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

any of you cucks ever done a trans rebuild on an S30? found some beautiful metal shavings when I flushed my trans and I was debating if it is worth rebuilding it myself or just buying a new trans or having a Datsun specialty shop near me do it
>>
>>16927547
Throw that trash car in the junk yard where it belongs
>>
>>16927547
Considering the age of the car, metal shavings are gonna be common.
>>
>>16927556
Oh they were a decent size, not just metal flakes. The trans drives fine but my reverse grinds if I don't go into 1st or 3rd before going into it, so it's obvious it needs to come out.
>>
I rebuilt a f4w71b from my 280. It was piss easy imo. however after buying tools and a press and all that bullshit it may be better to just buy a rebuilt 81-83 5 speed close ratio from a zx. Also just cause reverse grinds doesnt mean your tranny is fucked, check your idle first and clutch freeplay.
>>
>>16927578
good reply anon, thank you. I assumed because reverse grinds that my trans is on the way out, so I've been very cautious with it. I was worried about that though considering the cost of the kit and press and possibly fucking something up that I should just look into an already rebuilt one. How much would a close ratio ZX trans run?
>>
>>16927596
A good Rebuilt close ratio trans from a reputable shop should run about 1000-1300. Manual transmissions can only be rebuilt about twice in their life since everything is an interference fit. So buying from a place that rebuilds from a good core and replaces everything minus gears that aren't worn is a must. fuck those guys who just replace blocking rings.
>>
>>16927547
Why not just go with a TH350?
>>
>>16930028
Why not just fuckin' end it all?
>>
Reverse is known to grind because it doesn't have any synchros. It is probably still fine if the other gears shift well. Just need to baby reverse.
>>
If you look into a 5 speed, you should also make sure what diff you have and decide on what gearing you want.
>>
Why does nobody make a car that sexy anymore?
>>
>>16930836
people decided they don't like dying in minor traffic accidents that spill fuel all over the 700 degree header. Pedestrian safety laws too.

in addition to
>>16927578
the b-transmissions were always sort of vague, and the bushing on the end of the gear lever wears out every few thousand miles if you use the OEM clear or Green ones. The bushings that hold it in place at the pivot are usually shot by now to.

sometimes this combination lets you feel like its in gear even if its not fully meshed and well, when you let off the clutch you get that lovely grinding.

IF they used a modern trans fluid in it at any point it has friction modifiers and sulfates in it that eat the syncros

I'd assume these things hold true for the 71a 4speed.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.