[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I'm taking my drivers test tomorrow and was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Driving-Test.jpg (56KB, 650x399px) Image search: [Google]
Driving-Test.jpg
56KB, 650x399px
Hey /o/ I'm taking my drivers test tomorrow and was wondering if there's any good pointers, tips, tricks, etc. you guys have for me. I'm in cali btw
>>
>>16920273
Handbrake whenever parking.
>>
don't drive "normally"

Drive the way you did when you first started. They're looking for nervous, super conservative drivers. Go exactly the speed limit until/unless your instructor tells you "speed up a little".
>>
Pay attention

>pulling out of dmv
>make a right here
>turns on blinker for a left
>start turning left
I SAID RIGHT

I still don't know how I managed to fuck up that bad, still passed though.
>>
>>16920273
>I'm in cali btw
You could do it with your eyes closed. Cali driver test is a cake walk compared to anywhere else.

There's no highway driving, no parking. Just remember your basic road rules, know and obey unmarked speed limits, pay attention and follow the signs. You'll be fine, don't stress out too much over it.
>>
>>16920336
>pulling out of dmv
>make a right here
>got scared and forgot to turn wheel
>drive over curb and into lamppost
>>
Assume everyone else on the road is a fucking moron.

Always use your signals and gently brake when doing the test, don't fucking slam the brakes.

Follow all road signs and signals.

Other than that, just stay calm and don't sweat it.

If commiefornia makes you demonstrate parallel parking, that's probably gonna be the hardest part desu.
>>
>>16920273
Ram your car into a nearby tree
>>
>>16921145
>parallel parking
>hard

Nigga what? Just turn the wheel anti-clockwise 180 degrees then slowly back up until you're at a 45 degree angle and far enough away from the car, then straighten the wheel. That's literally it, and if you need to move up the move up.
>>
>>16920273

My first driving test I got dinged hard for not appearing to look during a left turn merge. Always turn your head and at least look like you're checking harder than you need to.
>>
Full 3 second stop at a stop sign.
>>
File: 1484694350475.jpg (37KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484694350475.jpg
37KB, 720x480px
>>16920343
Holy shit, seriously?

My driving test in VA (administered by the high school basketball coach, kek) consisted of a 40mi round-trip, half of which on the most dangerous road in the state, and then on twisties/backroads all the way back. Inbetween I had to drive the fuck to the mall, park him, let him do his business.

Remind me never to get behind the wheel during a time at which traffic can be expected if I'm ever in the state of California. Jesus Christ, how terrifying.
>>
Most of the scoring is pretty subjective apart from the parallel parking. Don't look like a degenerate. Have your insurance shit, etc. ready and fully in order when you start, and be there early.
>>
hope you'll make it anon
>>
Show him your skills and how good you actually are by going full hektik, take him in the back dirt roads and show off your rallying skillz
>>
>>16920512
>pulling out of dmv
>have 4 kids
>pull out game not good enough
>never leave dmv
still passed tho
>>
>>16921726
i understand, i earned my license in VA too but i went through a private driving school and practically bought my license. there was a driving test but it was easy as fuck. driving has never been really hard for me.
>>
>>16920273
I did mine in a standard cummins, you're fine. Its really not hard if you study before
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.