[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm wondering what kinda turbocharger I can put into a 2003

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: turbocharger-subaru-impreza.jpg (430KB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
turbocharger-subaru-impreza.jpg
430KB, 1500x938px
I'm wondering what kinda turbocharger I can put into a 2003 taurus ses. I wanna do it cheap but good, if rebuilding is required then thats fine if it saves money. I've been looking at ebay but I'm not sure what I should be looking for
>>
would any old turbo work fine?
would that be all I need and need to do?
>>
its more work than you can do unless there is an ebay kit or something
>>
>>16912779
That's an alternator.
>>
>>16912817
how much work? buying the correct stuff and maybe blowtorch to mend metal air piping?
>>
>>16912875
>blowtorch

you need a welder pipe and flanges

unless you can find a turbo manifold you will have to make it yourself

if you cant do that you dont need to worry about piping that you can buy and cut as needed
>>
>>16912897
so I"m going to have to weld the pipe on?
flanges what is that?
sorry I'm all new to this
>>
>>16912830
>underrated
>>
>>16912779
>spend over 9000 dollars and hours turboing a taurus
>take it to get tuned
>spend over nine thousand hours tuning it
>do first hard pull on the street
>blow gearbox up
>you are now stuck with a FWD paperweight

Don't bother man, it's gonna cost you stupid amounts of money to do properly so save yourself the energy and sink the money into an actually good car instead.

A Taurus will always be a Taurus, no matter how much power it's putting down or how much money you spend on it.
>>
>>16912909
yeah I figured you didnt know much

just stop

its not going to happen unless you have deep deep pockets to pay someone

>>16912918
see this is a boring person
he probably likes LS swaps and has no imagination

if you had the means to do it Id say go for it
>>
File: 1346210730364.jpg (122KB, 553x667px) Image search: [Google]
1346210730364.jpg
122KB, 553x667px
>>16912918
ford taurus best car

to this day i miss mine
>>
>>16912935
>waaah I don't like the truth

I might be boring, but I'm not delusional enough to think that sinking money into modifying a Taurus is a good idea.

The only thing Tauruses are good for is harvesting the SHO engine to put into other things, i.e. Mazda 121's.
>>
>>16912977
modifying cars in general isnt a good idea

youre just a boring cunt

if everyone was like you hot rods and car modding would have never gotten started
>>
>>16912963
did you turbo yours? :D
why did you love it so
>>
>>16912977
>>16912918
is right though.. i did some research and apparently the driveshaft or whatever could break easy, even on just 5psi (from what I've read)
>>
>>16912985
no but i did lower the shit out of it until it scraped on everything.

mostly it was just comfy as fuck
>>
>>16912999
oh yeah nice.. too bad mine has gross looking seats :/ looks like someone spilled dr pepper on the seats and the seatbelts. the seatbelts got mold on them!
>>
>>16912909
yeah bud there is no way your gonna put a turbo on yourself. Honestly just try and find a kit and pay a mechanic to do it. But my real honest advice is dont bother on such a shitty car.
>>
>>16912779
>2003 taurus ses

First of all depends on the engine, if 3.0 Vulcan well..... dont even bother honestly. With a turbo youd be pushing 200 HP which is what the duratec 3.0 comes with stock...

If Duratec then you might be able to get 300 HP out of it with a turbo, tune and headers + exhaust. Yeah itll be quick but not any faster than a modern V6 family sedan.

Overall, a waste of time and money.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.