[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm considering getting a manual for my next car, /o/. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1485162157338.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1485162157338.png
129KB, 314x278px
I'm considering getting a manual for my next car, /o/. I've never driven a manual car before but I have a motorcycle. How different is it? Will any dealership on Earth let me test drive a manual car knowing that I have zero experience aside from my bike?
>>
it's not that different and you should be able to pick it up after a few hours of practice.
>>
The only difference from a motorcycle is getting used to reverse and trying not to roll down hills backwards. Otherwise you know how a manual works already.
>>
post boipucci
>>
>>16907439
>>16907460
Is there a "right" way to go about buying a first manual car? Aside from having friends who know how to drive stick.
>>
>>16907393
If you have zero experience driving manual, then you really have no business test driving a manual car. You're just going to fuck it up for someone else who might want to buy it.

Just saying... I would be pissed if I knew that some n00b before me was grinding through gears and stalling on the car I just bought.

The right way is finding a shitbox you can practice with. Don't even think about car shopping before you have the basics down.
>>
don't do it. they'll make your car explode.

manuals killed my father. and raped my mother.

they say the cars in heaven are automatic fwd
>>
>>16909004
This. You can go sit in the car and check it out, but as a dealer, I would tell you to fuck off if you can't start without stalling three times in a row.

I remember when I test drove a 350Z, the sales guy asked me if I can drive manual. It will come up.
>>
Not OP but in a similar situation

Is it a good idea to buy the cheapest manual shitbox I can find on Craigslist just to practice driving and get the hang of it? I don't really have friends to practice with and I know what to do I've just never actually had the chance to do it
>>
>>16910783
Sure. Get a $1k Corolla and just fuck around with it. Not a huge loss if it craps out.
>>
>>16907393
Have someone teach you, anon. All the people who drive stick have been open to teaching others, including me. You know how it's supposed to work on a motorcycle, and it's the same concept, just on a different machine. The hard part is over, now you gotta practice. Definitely git gud on a shittier car before buying a new car and fucking it up.
>>
>>16910802
>All the people who drive stick have been open to teaching others
Not me. Not on my car. If you're gonna stall my car repeatedly, you better be fucking me. That's the only exception.
>>
>>16907393
It's not fucking sequential, for starters.
Clutch is left foot, gear lever is the hand in the middle of the car. Gas and brakes are right foot, window-side hand just steers.
>>
>>16907460
>wet-clutch high-performance dogbox is the same as a consumer shitbox synchromesh
Yeah, no.
>>
The (idle) torque to vehicle mass ratio is much worse in cars than bikes. That means it's easier to stall cars. It takes a while to get used to but the principle is the same as for bikes.
>>
What about the opposite? If I've been driving manual cars for 11 years, will it help me learn to ride? Been thinking about doing one of those beginner motorcycle safety courses.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.