[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this kind of tire wear normal when driving aggressively on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 14905560794511180840421.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
14905560794511180840421.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Is this kind of tire wear normal when driving aggressively on mountain passes?

(Greater outside wear)
>>
>>16905514
Been drag racing?
>>
>>16905514
Go get your alignment checked, that indicates greater positive camber. If it checks out ok and you toegay often you might want to consider setting more negative camber so when your camber changes mid corner because of the weight transfer, it doesn't go as far positive. You also probably want to check your suspension for any worn or loose parts like the ball joints, end links, and tie rods, which will make the alignment come out of spec less mid corner, as well as upgrading your sway bars/end links/strut tower braces.
>>
>>16905557

it's either that or OP overinflated his tires
>>
>>16905634

Over inflation leads to more wear in the center.
>>
>>16905514
perfectly normal wear
>>
>>16905634
Overinflation would wear the middle of the tire, and under inflation would wear both shoulders. His are only worn down to the cords on one side.
>>
>>16905514
Nobody asked the most important question before even giving advice.
Are these front or rear tyres?
>>
>>16905751
Those look like 6th gen Celica wheels, and FWD tends to wear the fronts faster, so they're probably fronts.
>>
RWD/4WD(rear bias)- yes
FWD/AWD(any bias)/4WD(front bias)- no, get your shit aligned
>>
>>16905853
>biased 4WD
4WD means locked differntials on a AWD car, they donĀ“t have a bias, they just keep every wheel at the same rpm.
>>
>>16905514
Looking at how worn the edges are i'd say maybe look at how much flex your bushes have, it'll let the camber change the more you press it meaning you'll wear the edges out faster
>>
>>16905557
This is the only justification for negative camber. And only enough so the camber goes to zero under cornering force.

And OP, those tires are many miles past their use-by date.
>>
File: trash.jpg (7KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
7KB, 194x259px
>>16905514
Those tires should have been in the garbage 10k miles ago.
>>
It's odd the belts we're exposed first because they seem to have pretty even wear across the tread. Most cars have a little negative camber amd tend to wear on the inside shoulder(where the tread meets the sidewall) first even with proper alignment. Did you brake suddenly enough to get the ABS to kick in?
>>
File: 20161210_151040.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_151040.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>16907153

>My car
>AND

>>16906116

LIVING ON THE EDGE
>>
>>16907462

Meant to say ABS. thanks phone
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.